Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Premier reports

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SkyAndSun
    Participant
    SkyAndSun
    Participant

Spoiler free really and the guy apparently only saw the first 45 minutes of the thing. But he liked it.

ChrisM
    Participant

Heh. Looks like he was in a sitcom of his own there.

Turk Thrust
    Participant

I think someone else had similar feelings didn`t they…That the first ep isn`t too good but the second one is better?

hummingbird
    Participant

Since when was Kryten a manic depressive?

pfm
    Participant

It looks like BtE definitely needs to be considered as one single feature-length episode. PLEASE let this be an option on the DVD!

Blisschick
    Participant

There’s a reason Mom always said go before we sat down! I’m really, really encouraged by this review, but why didn’t he just go back and finish watching when he knew he was trapped? Argh!

Carlito
    Participant

The first episode is probably the most vital of the lot for the shows success, ratings-wise. If reviews are saying the first episode is the weakest, that’s a concern because casual viewers may watch it, think ‘this ain’t so great’ and not bother with parts 2 and 3.

Carlito
    Participant

Ideally, the first episode being the weakest doesn’t neccessarily mean it’s not good. Building a crescendo over three episodes is the perfect scenario anyway – each episode better than the last. So hopefully the first episode being the weakest means it’s the “least good”, rather than “not good”.

ChrisM
    Participant

If reviews are saying the first episode is the weakest, that?s a concern because casual viewers may watch it, think ?this ain?t so great? and not bother with parts 2 and 3.

I’m a bit concerned about that too. I’m hoping, that if the first isn’t that good that people will think “We haven’t seen this for a while. It’s still building up. We’ve still got too episodes to go.” That’s thinking from a fan’s perspective though and whether the casual viewer would do the same…

Still, all these things are subjective, and ‘weakest’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘bad.’ Also, if the ending of the first episode is interesting and intriguing, it could provide the hook to pull folk in to the next episode. Besides, this episode is the one with the squid right? I’m thinking those shenanigans will prove entertaining at least.

Anyhow, I’m not worrying too much about this. The few reports I’ve read seem to be fairly positive. That guy who ended up locked away with a full bladder, only saw the first episode and he seemed to like it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.