Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Primeval Got a Movie says site you never heard of

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mnoooah
    Participant

/sulk mode.

oh, and maybe a US version as well. OK, time for some comparative media studies, what is so special about Primeval? Someone tell me, I haven’t seen it.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/88642-primeval-goes-to-hollywood/

JamesTC
    Participant

Well…

Mnoooah
    Participant

?

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

…..

Mnoooah
    Participant

Well nuts to you all then.

lewis83
    Participant

stupid fucking dinosaurs.

Carlito
    Participant

‘Primeval the Movie’ is an anagram of:

‘Pete: Roam Evil Whim’

Which is a fairly accurate description of the Red Dwarf episode, generally regarded as the worst ever, featuring a dinosaur storyline concocted on a whim by Doug Naylor upon hearing that a CGI dinasaur was available to him.

(DISCLAIMER: This anagram only works if you substitute a ‘V’ for an ‘W’, but who’s counting?)

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>site you never heard of

Um… that’s Scottish TV. They’re, y’know… pretty big.

>what is so special about Primeval

It’s probably not so much Primeval as it is the respective well-connected-in-America-ness of Impossible Pictures compared to GNP.

NoFro
    Participant

Watched a bit a of Primeval the other day. Was bad.

J_Spaced
    Participant

Lumbering, unrealistic, destructive creatures in a twenty-first century domestic setting?

“Whut’s this Lurlene, a new doc-you-men-terry? Hot dang, lookit the dino-saw-ers, git me ma gun!”

OK, seriously how many people have I just offended?

:D

My wife, who loved new Knight Rider with no equivocation or caveats, considered Primeval to be rubbish. That, I think is as good a benchmark as you’re going to get.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

OK, seriously how many people have I just offended?

Just Cletus, the slack-jawed yokel.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I had the first three episodes sent to me via Lovefilm. I finally got around to watching the first episode and a bit of the second last night. It’s pretty bloody dire isn’t it? So far the highlight has been the one from S Club running around her flat in her pants. Although I’m not convinced this alone can sustain the series.

Andrew
    Participant

Sounds like its just ‘in development’ to me. Can’t imagine it’ll ever get made.

J_Spaced
    Participant

Sounds like its just ?in development? to me. Can?t imagine it?ll ever get made.

That’s a pretty optimistic outlook if you ask me. Primeaval is bad but Warner Bros have been known to make worse…

Carlito
    Participant

> Sounds like its just ?in development? to me. Can?t imagine it?ll ever get made.

The words of a hardened cynic, right there. You get burned once…

JamesTC
    Participant

I have never really watched the show outside clips but can someone tell me how they sustain a show about dinsoaurs going through portals for 30 odd episodes now.
    Episode 1 – Dinosaur arrives.
    Episode 2 – Another Dinosaur arrives.
    Episode 3+4 – 2 Dinosaurs arrive.

Hmm…

By the way what I meant by “Well…” was that a show about dinosaurs has a possibility of a film and Red Dwarf does not, no justice.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.