Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Radio times: Best Series Poll

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Dax101
    Participant

It closes on the 1st April. so if anyone wants to vote.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-03-25/red-dwarf-series-poll-vote/

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

What the FUCK is that logo?

si
    Participant

*has a look*

Oh my God, it’s hideous.

On the subject of the Radio Times, the issue that’s out tomorrow will include the listings for April 9th, so there’s a good chance of a decent bit about The Promised Land.

si
    Participant

Oh, as it’s turned midnight, RT’s review – which I assume will also appear in the new issue – can now be read on the website:
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-03-31/red-dwarf-special-promised-land-review/

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Radio Times is on it’s arse.

Dave
    Participant

I now consider this the definitive Red Dwarf logo and demand for it to be retrospectively applied across all TV series and merchandise.

Don’t give Doug another reason to tinker with every episode ever record and release it as a shitty substandard box set.

Flap Jack
    Participant

I know this makes me basic, but I have to vote for Series V. My favourite single episode may be in Series III, but you can’t beat the consistent greatness of V.

Dave
    Participant

I voted for V too, for the same reason. It’s just all so good.

Solid showing for VI, just 4% behind V with III coming up the rear.

Sorry.

si
    Participant

Looked down my own list that I submitted for the Pearl Poll. The first series to make the full six episodes on there was series III, so there’s my choice.

Ridley
    Participant

The correct answer is V, guys.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Well, duh.

Hamish
    Participant

I was unsure which to pick but I settled on VI just to tweak the nose of V. So there.

I – The hipster flex ‘I have Red Dwarf on vinyl’ choice
    II – The ‘I enjoy Series I but prefer the more confident writing of Series II choice’
    III – The ‘Yeah I remember the polymorph and the one with the dog food’ choice
    IV – The ‘I think I remember watching these as a kid, the female Kryten, yeah, I remember her’ choice
    V – The ‘Look it’s clear this is the most popular series so whatever’ choice
    VI – The ‘Sure there’s retreads but you can’t fault the GELF scenes’ choice
    VII – The ‘Come on, Tikka is a hoot and Kochanski is annoying for a reason’ choice
    VIII – The ‘FUCKING KRYTIE TV, FUCKING FUNNIEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN’ choice
    BTE – The ‘My boyfriend made me watch the new one and it was ok I guess’ choice
    X – The ‘The behind the scenes documentary is immense’ choice
    XI – The ‘Is the series with Timewave because if it isn’t, I’ll just pick this’ choice
    XII – The ‘Is the series with Timewave because if it isn’t, I’ll just pick this’ choice

Dave
    Participant

I’m just upset that Red Christmas isn’t listed as an option.

Dax101
    Participant
    Flap Jack
    Participant

VII and VIII got more votes than any series in the Dave era?!

1 outranked 2???

si
    Participant

VII and VIII got more votes than any series in the Dave era?!

I think that might just be down to less people having watched the newer episodes.
    I voted III, but can live with V at number one. Personally, I’d move VI down (controversial, maybe) to 4th, with III and IV each moving up a spot.
    And Series two should definitely be above the first series.

Dax101
    Participant

Well seres 2 was ahead of series 1 for quite a while on the poll. i guess series 1 just took the lead by 1%.

When the poll started, series 3 was originally winning. to the point i was sure it was probably gonna win… but series 5 took the lead after a few days, and series 6 overtook series 3 a few days after that.

I guess people felt sorry for series 7 and 8 because were not that much higher than the Dave era originally.

Dave
    Participant

It has to be Series XI that’s the most hard done by in this poll. Worse than Back To Earth?

Shoes Have Soles
    Participant

Personally I would go for IV first as I think that has the best balance between sci fi and silliness. Then I would go V,III, VI,II,XI, XII, I,X,BTE,VIII and VII.

However in terms of ratings series 8 had the highest ratings so it proves that most people have no taste.

Dax101
    Participant

Series 8 is an example of a series that fans liked at the time. even putting it quite high in the Fanclub magazine poll. before its just kinda fell down in popularity.

In terms of ratings. Red Dwarf was probably at its highest in terms of hype during series 8.

When I worked in my local cinema, the management was looking for ways to bring the staff into the movie-going experience, so we suggested writing short reviews for each film and posting them by the ticket stall. They quickly scuppered the idea when test reviews such as ‘I survived childhood leukemia for this?’ and ‘I promise I’ll stop petrol bombing if they don’t make a sequel’ were submitted.

Series VIII reminds me of those reviews.

How we laughed.

Oh how we laughed.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.