Radio Times

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Radio Times

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  quinn_drummer 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jonsmad

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5260/fawlty_towers_tops_sitcom_list/

I looked in the radio times yesterday cus it had fawlty towers on the cover. Seems it was because it topped a poll of voted best 20 sitcoms. Red Dwarf wasnt in there, but alongside shows I like, there was Gavin and stacey, dinnerladies, likely lads and dads army that i havnt really seen all of. Plus while I rate the detectorists as a show, it didnt always hit sitcom levels with me. So I was about the launch my mind into “what the hell do the readers of radio times know about anything” style reactionary thoughts, when I spotted one of the people who voted the list was Doug Naylor! Oh well that’s why Porridge gets a good place then! I guess not enough of the other “comedy experts” on the panel like sci fi then.

Dave

quinn_drummer

Clearly there is a conspiracy

That or the Radio Times isn’t interested in the audiences Red Dwarf attracts any more.

si

We’re okay, the Daily Mirror’s got our backs. They’ve obviously watched at least four minutes of the first episode.
    https://twitter.com/bromley001/status/1115901577028669443

Dave

I guess they could have gone for the welding mallet joke instead.

Flap Jack

I know it’s not strictly on topic, but may I use this opportunity to complain about how unusably shite the Radio Times website is?

Because the Radio Times website is unusably shite.

si

The Radio Times website used to be okay, but it’s turned into a sensationalist clickbait tabloid showbiz page.

Flap Jack

If only it was just clickbait… I tried looking up some TV listings yesterday, and just trying to get search results caused the browser tab to crash! =S

si

You know something? I’d completely forgotten that they actually have listings on the website.

Flap Jack

Understandable.

quinn_drummer

The question is … do they still have radio listings?

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.