Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum RD petition

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

@bobbyllew: Wow! 65 signed already, only need 35 more and then . . . something happens?
    http://t.co/Kv8b4DmGz5

Sign and show the BBC how wrong they were for leaving RD out!

Claire
    Participant

Duly signed. Thanks for posting the link, Pecospete.

Robert’s blog just confirmed my suspicions about the snobbish dislike of RD by some in the BBC upper echelons. Sad and mystifying. :(

So how many signatures do these petitions need before anyone takes any notice? It’s been up about an hour and already has 250, but I imagine that’s nowhere near enough.

Pecospete666
    Participant

@BBCTwo: @bobbyllew this page is being updated daily in the run up to Comedy Week. Red Dwarf clips will be added. Would you like to choose one?

They are back pedaling !

Taiwan Tony
    Participant

Good to see the BBC responding though.
    Given that Series XI is a way off and there hasn’t been a Dwarfcast for a while, would this be a good place to posit for best clips?
    I always liked the tarantula/Kryten’s hand in the boxers bit at the computer.

I mean, I like the bit where they say ‘smeg’ as well…

si
    Participant

At least Ian Hyland in The Mirror has got Red Dwarf in his list. Number 32.
    “Cult sci-fi sitcom.”

Bit short of space.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Signed
    with 891 supporters
    109 NEEDED
    930pm MST

Does any one know how this works?

What happens when it gets to 1000?

peas_and_corn
    Participant

I’d like to know what happens when there are over 9000 signatures.

Pecospete666
    Participant

@MichaelHWood: BBC2 treat #RedDwarf like a bastard at a family reunion. @bobbyllew @DannyJohnJules http://t.co/il0Vla7BOb

How true!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ridley
    Participant

The fact is they have jumped ship to Watch/ Dave for the money.

Somebody
    Participant

Well, they got the theme tune indecipherably rendered by five superannuated whistlers on the anniversary panel show!

Claire
    Participant

*Raises hand* My Twitter feed is full of argument and confusion (which I’ve had no part in). Was the programme everyone’s talking about the same one this petition was about?

Alex
    Participant

There is no BBC snub of Dwarf going on, and that petition really doesn’t need to exist. As it happens, they always make no difference anyway, but the annoying thing is that news websites are picking it up as a story and that is not a good thing. It’s making us look an idiot shouting at a cashier for not serving them after they’ve already paid their money and taken their goods home.

Lets be clear. The Telegraph left the show off their list but that means fuck all, and it’s certainly in no way an official list as Bobby’s blog and Danny’s many tweets seem to suggest. From the BBC side, they didn’t have a Dwarf video up, but when Bobby questioned it they pointed out that they are still updating and even asked him what clips he’d like to see. That should have been the end of it, but instead it’s been snowballing on Twitter and it’s getting ridiculous.

The tweets being sent to Dara Ó Briain tonight from fans and DJJ that berated him for Red Dwarf not being included when it was were insane. On the upside, they weren’t quite as insane as the tweets then claiming that it was a victory of the petition that the show got a mention.

AS IF THEY WENT BACK AND FILMED AND EXTRA BIT BECAUSE OF IT.

The whole affair has been truly embarrassing and some of the behaviour on Twitter has been disgraceful. Dwarf is part of the anniversary celebrations and was always going to be.

Alex
    Participant

Was the programme everyone’s talking about the same one this petition was about?

No, the petition was set up after Danny tweeted saying that Dwarf wasn’t on The Telegraph’s list or on the (at that time) uploaded videos on the BBC site. The show tonight was something he latched onto after someone tweeted Dara having a go at him about Dwarf being ignored. That led to Dara being very confused as Dwarf was in that show and he had no knowledge of what had been going on over the previous couple of days.

JamesTC
    Participant

I’d like to know what happens when there are over 9000 signatures.

The government have to debate it in the House of Commons.

Claire
    Participant

Well, fuck. :(

When you read tweets and blogs from two cast members and Doug all under the same impression and then someone sets up a petition, you assume those concerned know what they’re talking about.

It’s annoying and embarrassing the way a few people have behaved, but I suppose the petition does demonstrate the widespread love people have for the show.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Alex
    Participant

It’s annoying and embarrassing the way a few people have behaved, but I suppose the petition does demonstrate the widespread love people have for the show.

I think that what has happened there is that Bobby and Doug have seen and reacted to Danny’s tweet, but not actually read what he was linking to. As a rule of thumb, I’d always question anything Danny links to. Yesterday he was suggesting that the show was currently being snubbed by the Beeb because it didn’t feature an all white cast, which I think we can all agree is MENTAL.

Claire
    Participant

Danny, who’s currently appearing in BBC hit “Death In Paradise”. Um… :o

Although Robert’s blog does seem to demonstrate that the cast were looked down upon by some in the BBC higher echelons. It clearly rankles.

Pecospete666
    Participant
    Pete Part Three
    Participant

>That’s what I think Danny’s referring to!

Yes, but referring to that in the context of this debacle isn’t doing anyone any favours.

I’m kind of bored about hearing how mistreated Red Dwarf has been.

si
    Participant

Danny RT’d Pete twice (at least) yesterday. I think that says a lot.

I did sign the petition, but knowing full well it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference.

Also, not knowing the full ins and outs, I didn’t realise at the time that The Telegraph’s list had nothing at all to do with the BBC. So…y’know.

There was a Red Dwarf question in the Radio Times’ 50 year quiz this week, you know.

anniescribe
    Participant

I let the petition link pass a few times before signing. What the hell, I’ve signed Change.org petitions for far more important things, so no big.

What I’m really waiting for is Dwarf’s equivalent of “An Adventure in Time and Space.” :-D

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Amused that people are still signing the thing now, despite the celebrations (which featured Red Dwarf twice in a 100 minute Quiz show about 50 years of a TV Channel) being done and dusted.

Stand down, Dwarfers. Soapboxes on standby.

Ridley
    Participant

Petition to poo myself, sirs.

si
    Participant

What I’m really waiting for is Dwarf’s equivalent of “An Adventure in Time and Space.” :-D

Seb as Doug, obviously. Other members of the TM:YNYN cast scattered about.

Pecospete666
    Participant
    MANI506
    Participant

Look at Chris Barrie’s face on that Radio Times cover. Sensational.

Blisschick
    Participant

Link? I can’t find it. :(

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Remember when lists in newspaper sites were just treated as click bait the writer clearly didn’t put much effort into?

anniescribe
    Participant

And Symes as Rob Grant?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.