Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf 2009 FAQ

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Blisschick
    Participant

Robert Llewellyn posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago:

http://www.llewtube.com/wp/?page_id=2

What stood out to me was this:

“Other casting is yet to be announced. This includes announcements of the involvement of Chloe Annett playing Kochanski, Norman Lovett or Hattie Hayridge playing Holly. There have been no announcements about these characters and actors yet.

There will be other characters in the shows.”

So maybe we do get a Holly and Kochanski after all?

Please don’t shoot the messenger. :-P

Phil
    Participant

Well, I think it’s safe to say we’re Norm-free. He posted on his myspace about GNP informing him that they wouldn’t require his services for the special, and then soon afterward he posted about how he was no longer interested in participating in Dwarf as a whole.

With the others (Hattie and Chloe) I really doubt we’ll end up with either of them…but I guess there’s still plenty of time for a surprise.

JamesTC
    Participant

Why would we shoot you? It is wonderful news, the possibility of Holly being in the specials and in the Hattie form which seems most likely at this stage considering certain myspace posts.

Blisschick
    Participant

Not that I really think that anyone would shoot me, but opinions do run strong here. *waves white flag* Being new to this forum, I’ve come to learn in a short period of time that Norm isn’t the um…how to put this politically…most loved of the Hollies, I guess. A lot don’t like Kochanski II, either. Personally, I prefer Hattie and don’t mind Chloe, although I have felt her placement in the whole of things in VII & VIII is sort of…off. (Dunno, it’s probably just me.) I agree, though, it’s good news and makes you wonder who the other characters will be.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Dont’ get us wrong, Norman made an awesome Holly. but it’s Norman’s down-right unprofessional attitude to things outside of the show we take a disliking to.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

maybe there will be a new holly though i doubt it as for kochanski cant really see the point of her being there, just needs to be the 4 guys and a couple of good guests starts .. who knows maybe hollister will return they have the whole crew who fled dwarf to bring back ..though again,unlikely

pfm
    Participant

Am I really slow or is this the first time it’s properly been mentioned that the specials aren’t being shot in front of an audience? I’m sure everyone will agree that this is a shame, but if it’s got to happen this way then fair enough.

We know frig all about the content of the episodes, aside from the fact that Earth is involved, and that they shot for one day on the Coronation Street set. Either how they’re being made is unsuitable for audience recordings (i.e. enclosed set, single camera), OR they can’t afford to do the audience recordings, OR…don’t know. I just want the classic Dwarf feel to be there. Obviously the location material and much of the studio shoot would have been screened into the audience regardless, but you’ve got to admit that certain sparks happen when the cast and audience are there in one place. Hence, I suppose, Unplugged, which hopefully is going to be half-an-hour of that kind of thing.

pfm
    Participant

Regarding Norman, he can’t expect to be asked back as Holly when all he ever does is slag off Grant Naylor Productions and Dwarf itself at every given opportunity! I would love Hattie to be back but personally I can’t see Holly making any sort of appearance here. If a full new series happened then YES bring Hattie as Holly back.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

We will be shooting the bulk of the scenes at Shepperton Studios, not in front of an audience.

THANK YOU.

JamesTC
    Participant

So when will I be able to get tickets?

Carlito
    Participant

So when will I be able to get tikkas?

Carlito
    Participant

I think a lot of people take Norman’s grumpy old man persona too seriously. He’s supposed to be a miserable git, that’s his act, his character. I could imagine a lot of the stuff he has said over the years has been pretty droll, deadpan tongue-in-cheek stuff. He’s always whinging and moaning in front of the other cast members and they just seem to dismiss it, as in they know what he’s like.

Who’s to say he isn’t playing all the fans with his MySpace stuff, so we’re swerved when he shows up in the specials? I’m not saying its “likely” but its not impossible.

Steve Harris
    Participant

I would be delighted if Chloe and/or Hattie were involved, but if not, so be it..
    I’m acually a big Chloe fan.
    Norman, as far as I’m concerned has lost the plot but that’s a different issue.
    I would not now welcome his return.

This latest ‘twitter’ is quite interesting as it now sounds that a Kochanski and Holly are still a possibility!
    Roberts initial message on the saubject seemed to be quite negative on this front.
    Time will tell…

Going back to Roberts twitter though, I’d have thought that he would have seen some kind of script at this late stage, surely then, ‘other’ characters would be included..
    I’m sure he mentioned that the ‘script’ was very funny at some point…

Have I missed something?

si
    Participant

I heard Hattie on Local radio the other morning – Friday, I think – and although they talked about Red Dwarf and the new specials, she didn’t seem to have any insider knowledge, so I can’t see her being involved.
    And to tell the truth, if Kochanski isn’t in the sections that have already been filmed, I can’t see her being in the rest.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Robert will have read the script, but will be under a strict NDA.

Usually one of the clauses of an NDA is that you’re not allowed to say you’re under an NDA.

So how I know what NDAs say I shall leave to your imagination ;)

Steve Harris
    Participant

He’s said himself he cant talk about the script which is completely understandable and obviously normal…

There has been a shift in the nibbles of info coming out though…

It seems to have gone from a no to a possibly..

We now know (by the seems) that ‘other’ characters will be involved whoever they may be..

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

wonder what the dave update will be tommorow seing as theres been no filming in the last week . probably a nice production shot or soemthing … as for other characters well i suspect there wud be .. probably in the form of some genetic slug or corrie character .. or are they the same thing

pfm
    Participant

As I said before, Kochanski could appear very briefly at the end or something, maybe as a cliffhanger (then, hopefully, as a cliff-faller…no, I would like her back tbh)

JamesTC
    Participant

Robert will have read the script, but will be under a strict NDA.
    Usually one of the clauses of an NDA is that you?re not allowed to say you?re under an NDA.
    So how I know what NDAs say I shall leave to your imagination ;)

A few weeks back he said he was under an NDA, I remember because I didn;t know what it was so I googled it, I know now.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Which was nice.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> wonder what the dave update will be tommorow seing as theres been no filming in the last week .

It’s almost certainly some new pictures from the Corrie shoot. I know this because Dave seem to update their RSS feed about 18 hours too early.

JamesTC
    Participant

Could be a casting announcment.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Could be a casting announcment.

I think stuff like that might be kept for TOS. Dave seems to be focusing on pictures.

Phil1034
    Participant

> There will be other characters in the shows.

played by Simon Gregson

pfm
    Participant

> played by Simon Gregson

As unlikely as it is, it would be interesting if Simon WASN’T playing Steve McDonald on the show.

Carlito
    Participant

What if Simon Gregson is playing Steve McDonald playing Simon Gregson?

John Hoare
    Participant

Simon Gregson is seriously fucking funny. I’m really looking forward to his part.

Phil1034
    Participant

As am I, his stuff with Suranne Jones as Karen used to be genuinely hilarious.

Jo
    Participant

>So how I know what NDAs say I shall leave to your imagination ;)

You read the Wiki page?

Dave
    Participant

>Robert…will be under a strict NDA

National Deathray Association

Jo
    Participant

Nuclear Decommissioning Authority?

Jo
    Participant

I think a lot of people take Norman?s grumpy old man persona too seriously. He?s supposed to be a miserable git, that?s his act, his character. I could imagine a lot of the stuff he has said over the years has been pretty droll, deadpan tongue-in-cheek stuff.

If it’s an ‘act’ surely someone would have seen him out of character. As it is, it seems that he is always miserable, bitchy and moaning I find it hard to believe someone could stay in character for so long.

He?s always whinging and moaning in front of the other cast members and they just seem to dismiss it, as in they know what he?s like.

I think that it’s more likely that they ignore him because after years of working with him they’re used to his constant whinging?

Who?s to say he isn?t playing all the fans with his MySpace stuff, so we?re swerved when he shows up in the specials? I?m not saying its ?likely? but its not impossible.

You think that GNP would actively encourage Norman to go around bitching about how badly they’ve treated him?

Phil
    Participant

>Who?s to say he isn?t playing all the fans with his MySpace stuff, so we?re swerved when he shows up in the specials? I?m not saying its ?likely? but its not impossible.

Judging by today’s post, I think the possibility of Norm’s appearance can definitely be upgraded to “impossible.”

>As it is, it seems that he is always miserable, bitchy and moaning I find it hard to believe someone could stay in character for so long.

Right. And the fact is that even if it WERE a character, then he’s been “in character” 24 hours out of any given day and at that point it’s no longer a character–it’s his personality.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

It?s almost certainly some new pictures from the Corrie shoot. I know this because Dave seem to update their RSS feed about 18 hours too early.

Looks like it’s a bug in their CMS to me (ie a scheduled post immediately appears on the RSS feed) – what are they using? (It could be a commercial one, it doesn’t look like Drupal or MT)

locusceruleus
    Participant

>Right. And the fact is that even if it WERE a character, then he?s been ?in character? 24 hours out of any given day and at that point it?s no longer a character?it?s his personality.

Perhaps he can have “And…..SCENE” as his epitaph.

Jo
    Participant

>Perhaps he can have ?And?..SCENE? as his epitaph.

He could, but we wouldn’t know what he meant.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

When you say “Scene…” in that context doesn’t it mean that when you’re playing character, it’s the cue to come out of character and be yourself again?

locusceruleus
    Participant

That’s what I was going for.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I don’t want to add fuel to the anti-Norm fire, but didn’t he make a comment at DJ a few years ago that GNP were effectively “lieing to the fans”?

What was particularly ignorant/offensive about this was that the fans often are more clued up on a situation that the cast members. That’s probably not case on a TV show or film that’s still in production but in RD’s case a small group of fans (namely the creators of this website) are far more clued up and interested in matters RD than the majority of the cast. Secondly a member of the GNP production team posts on these bloody forums. Whereas for Norm, and indeed Danny, Chris etc it’s ultimately just another acting job. A lot of the time at DJ they acknowledge that it’s the first time they’ve seen or spoken to each other in a while or a cast member will disclose some exclusive that’s actually been known about for ages.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>He could, but we wouldn?t know what he meant.

It’s like “cut”, but in stage rehearsals.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

It?s like ?cut?, but in stage rehearsals.

Very good. Er, What he said…

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

It’s also what rastas say when they mean “good” or “ok”.

Jo
    Participant

Oh… I see!

locusceruleus
    Participant

I’ll get my coat.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.