Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf at Christmas

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kirkham
    Participant

If you were to watch a ‘Red Dwarf’ episode at Christmas, which one would it be? What’s the most ‘Christmassy’?

Discuss.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Lemons, it’s got Jesus, innit.

Paul Muller
    Participant

If you particularly hate yourself then I’d recommend watching Red Christmas.

Karnie
    Participant

And how would we go about doing that, Paul? =)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The one about the pan-dimensional liquid beast from the Mogadon cluster. You know, it’s the one where Kryten burns the turkey and Lister has to get Rimmer a present at the last minute.

>And how would we go about doing that, Paul? =)

You need to let this go.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Ten series and they’ve never had an episode set at Christmas. A couple of mentions, maybe. Yes, Lemons would probably be the nearest.

I suppose Just the Smegs would fit, I got Smeg Ups for Christmas when it came out (happy days).

Bob Loblaw
    Participant

Marooned? It’s winter-y at least.

Karnie
    Participant

>And how would we go about doing that, Paul? =)
    You need to let this go.

Oh, I’m sorry… is my research bothering you…? Excuse the fuck out of me.

And I agree, Lemons would probably fit the best, especially with the North Star opening scene.

srmcd1
    Participant

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5593183/1/Snow-Planet

This is set during Series VI. I’m quite pleased with it, myself.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Mistletoe And Whine. Whilst it is fan produced, I do really love the feel of it. Although, if you suffer with depression, I’d give it a miss…

pfm
    Participant

srmcd1, that was a most enjoyable read. :)

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

> I got Smeg Ups for Christmas when it came out

Didn’t we all. Didn’t we all.

Actually, along with Smeg Ups/Outs, probably my other memorable RD-related Chrimbo present was Series I on DVD. Ten years ago this Christmas! I might have to watch all the bonus material again this year to commemorate it.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

This year my mother is sending me the RDX Bluray, which is rather nice of her. That does make it the only Red Dwarf release I haven’t bought myself, though.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

” might have to watch all the bonus material again this year to commemorate it.”

Yes, and treat yourself to the Bodysnatcher series 1 related stuff, too, for the complete experience.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

probably my other memorable RD-related Chrimbo present was Series I on DVD.

What the fuck were you playing at waiting for a month and a half before getting a Dwarf DVD?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Not owning a DVD player, largely.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

And being a student.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Ten years…. I was annoyed when Ian mentioned it in that Dwarfcast, but it really hits home sometimes… FML

MANI506
    Participant

I bought the DVD before I had a player. Used to avidly read TOS’s DVD updates as well. Ten years may have sped by but it’s fantastic that we’ve had new DVDs beyond 2006.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I bought the DVD before I had a player.

So did I, I think they existed apart for about 25 minutes…

Used to avidly read TOS’s DVD updates as well.

This was around the time I started to read G&T for the analysis of the updates.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’d just started college when Red Dwarf I came out on DVD. I bought it despite the fact I didn’t own a DVD player – my sister had one, though, and I’d watch it in there on here. I got a PS2 for Christmas that year, though, so problem solved.

I remember buying it from the Virgin store in the Luton Arndale Centre during my lunch break. When I got back to college I noticed the booklet text on the back cover, and realised my copy didn’t seem to include one. So I went back and exchanged it.

RXI is the first DVD I ever bought.

Lexo Ross
    Participant

At Christmas, I usually find myself watching Back to Earth of all things, I don’t quite understand why, but it seems to have a Christmassy feel. This is probably that around the time I got into Dwarf (November 2010, I know, why not earlier?) I was watching one series a week (if that makes sense) and then around the time Christmas came around, I was watching Back to Earth. The next Christmas (2011) my dad got me BTE on DVD and I was watching that (because I hadn’t seen it in a year and also to celebrate the fact that RDX was being filmed as well) so BTE has sort of become a Christmas staple for me.

CackThosePants
    Participant

Meltdown. Cause it’s like panto innit?

I bet they wanted to put Jesus in it back then, but I guess they had to make do with Gandhi. Would have loved a Jesus and Judas face off with maybe Rimmer suggesting they settle it with a game of subbuteo.

With Rimmer as referee.

Jesus : I’ve been listening to Genesis all my life…..

Rimmer : Oi! Jesus, that’s it your off!

Kryten : Oh – it appears that Mr Jesus sir has hung himself.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Meltdown has Father Christmas in it too, of course.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Meltdown has Father Christmas in it too, of course

“Now I have a machine gun. ho. ho. ho….”

CackThosePants
    Participant

> “Now I have a machine gun. ho. ho. ho….”

No one kills him but me!

clem
    Participant

You could watch the Best Ever Episode introduction by Lister in Santa hat and tinsel, followed by Back to Reality.

> Meltdown has Father Christmas in it too, of course.

And of course he’s mentioned in Backwards.

Dave
    Participant

Deck the halls with blood-stained helicopter wallpaper…

JamesTC
    Participant

Listen to the Red Dwarf Radio Series. In Bedford Falls it is always Christmas Eve.

anniescribe
    Participant

The audio IWCD is kind of Christmasy since I listen to it driving hours to and from Dad’s to visit this time of year. Also, Bedford Falls. Or BTL audio for the same reason (juggernaut!).

HelloMabel
    Participant

Better Than Life -> 27th of Geldof -> Feed the World.

Carlito
    Participant

Time for the annual bump?

>`hey Awesome, Thankyou very much :=) by the way go to wendy.blogzop.com

What a lovely, lovely comment. And they’ve even gone and added a little Yuletide spam. Bless.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.