Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf X Broadcast in the USA

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    JBBOPT
    Participant

Recent reply tweet by Doug Naylor answers someone asking about seeing the episodes abroad with only the UK dvd release date in NOV.

Is the series going to be broadcast in the U.S. at all?

Is it still being released on dvd and Bluray in the U.S.?

srmcd1
    Participant

My local PBS station has an open slot in the schedule for 8 PM that just says “To Be Announced” for October 4th. So… Maybe?

Karnie
    Participant

Odd… I tweeted Richard Naylor that exact question with no response… Also, I don’t see Doug’s answer, what was it?

JBBOPT
    Participant

Fijian_Scion
    @DougRDNaylor Really looking forward to RDX but live abroad and can’t find Dave online. How can I see it legally? Am happy to pay if needed!

DougRDNaylor @Fijian_Scion RDX is released on DVD in UK on Nov 19th, Shows + Extras. Shows are available for DTO in SD and HD on the day after the show.

Fijian_Scion also tweeted Robert Lleweyln and hasnt received a response to his question

@bobbyllew Any idea how to watch new Red Dwarf if you live abroad? We’re excited, but don’t know how to get it!

Karnie
    Participant

DTO = Download to Own? Is that a pay service? Is it UK-only as well? What about U.S.? What about Blu-ray? Some answer….

My tweet: “@RichardDGNaylor Any news on the U.S. front? Had heard RDX would air & release on DVD simultaneously, but can’t find any proof 2 weeks away”

went unanswered as well… Really starting to feel like we’re getting the shaft over here.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

also Regarding the DVD

@NitroChrisUk
    : @DougRDNaylor the DVD 2 discs again ? can’t wait to see the cover Art for it !! will it fit in with 1-8 or it’s own design ?

r ‏@DougRDNaylor

@NitroChrisUK
    Both – it has two sides. You choose.

JBBOPT
    Participant

They have my money as soon as the Bluray hits U.S.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Really starting to feel like we’re getting the shaft over here.

Maybe it’s not so much a massive conspiracy, as something that the producers of the show don’t have any control over?

It’s not down to GNP or Doug to sell the programme abroad. That’s for the distribution rights-holders, DVD producers, and so on. If the show’s not being immediately picked up in the US, that’s not necessarily for want of trying. When Doug tweeted off-handedly in response to someone, he was doubtless talking about their hope/plans that it would be shown in various territories as quickly as possible. It doesn’t actually mean he had direct control over the decision to do so, nor that plans haven’t changed since he said it was planned to be the case.

And at the end of the day, if the market doesn’t want to buy it, the market’s not going to buy it. The UK-based companies can’t force RD DVDs into American shops or onto American TV channels!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Fuck them! I can wait!

JBBOPT
    Participant

Yeah I understand that its not under their control, but I hope at least the Bluray comes out like Back to Earth did so quickly.

Karnie
    Participant

Thanks, Seb, I responded in full over at the official forums, but to reiterate: I apologize if I made it sound like I thought it was a ‘conspiracy’, it was merely a reaction to having been told something that it is only now, less than two weeks away from airing, not appearing to be the case. I can certainly wait a few weeks if it takes that long to make it’s way over, it just would have been nice to have been told t would take a few weeks, instead of getting misinformation disguised as fact.

Pecospete666
    Participant
    Karnie
    Participant

Well crap.. looks like I’ll be taking the less noble approach then, at least until the Region 1 Blu-ray comes out, if that’s even still in the works.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

That’s just the catch-up service, surely? They NEVER work outside their own countries (as UK fans of big US drama all too rightly know). This has no relevance to any proper US airing.

Phil
    Participant

Please note: Whilst we’d love to offer this service to the entire known universe, unfortunately we can only make it available within the UK. We’ve also geo-blocked Saturn. Just because.

I know folks have posted URLs of sites that allow you to get around regional lockouts…now would be a great time to post them again.

Please?

John Hoare
    Participant

We’ve also geo-blocked Saturn. Just because.

This is the first time a Dave-written thing has made me laugh.

Karnie
    Participant

We’ve also geo-blocked Saturn. Just because.
    This is the first time a Dave-written thing has made me laugh.

Again, skimpy on the details, no mention of whether Titan is blocked as well… Goddamn corporate execs!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.