Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Rob Grant writing new Red Dwarf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lily
    Participant

This got linked to the discord. It is interesting. Discuss

Katydid
    Participant

Waiting for everyone on G&T to declare it the best script since VI but also fucking hate it because of the performances.

I know it’s all a little fun and games for a digital convention, but would it have been so hard to get the cast to read through this? Or is Rob that disconnected from the company he is a Director of to even manage to do that?

NoFro
    Participant

This is fucking mad. Great news.

the fact Rob’s suit is the same off white as the background, and the way his arms are crossed, makes him look like he is in a straight jacket in a padded cell. Which sounds about right for Rob really.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

I know it’s all a little fun and games for a digital convention, but would it have been so hard to get the cast to read through this? Or is Rob that disconnected from the company he is a Director of to even manage to do that?

The page says the winners have to sign an agreement with GNP.

I had mixed feelings about it, wrote out a rambling paragraph in which those feelings became less mixed, and ended up realising that I’m sure it will be great – maybe a bit odd, with a different cast, but great.

And what an opportunity for fans who can act! Not just actual Red Dwarf (wow!), but Red Dwarf written by Rob Grant (wow!) and directed by Ed Bye!
    [My fandom experience is limited and only within a few fandoms, but I cannot think of a single show where that might plausibly happen in anyone’s wildest dreams.]

Dax101
    Participant

All they needed was Chris barrie.

si
    Participant

But will people audition putting on accents? (I know I wouldn’t, but how tempting is it?)

evilmorwen
    Participant

I mean, Danny and Bobby put on accents so I think it’d be fair to do those.

But for Lister, we can do all do a (shit) Lister impression, it’s be weird hearing one of those alongside someone doing their own voice as Rimmer.

But also: It’s a funny thing because Lister is only from Liverpool because Craig is, right? It wasn’t baked in originally. But he’s /so/ scouse now, I can’t imagine it with another accent. Has any material with Rickman ever surfaced?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Rob Grant writing new Red Dwarf’ is closed to new replies.