Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum RT…Not the full picture

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Steve Harris
    Participant
    Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Bugger. Fuck Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt in their stupid Irish faces.

Still, the banner along the top is excellent.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Why does it not surprise me that a magazine that continues to employ Alison Graham has wound up disappointing us all in cockish fashion?

Steve Harris
    Participant

I guess, at the end of the day, this is excellent and a lot more than could be hoped for given the channel etc..

When I heard that ‘DAVE’ was our new home, I thought that there would be limited media coverage. Instead, the coverage is quite amazing…

Dee Cooke
    Participant

…Damn. And I was so sure.

No mention of the Neeson/Nesbitt thing in last issue’s preview, so maybe the plan changed? Can’t remember the last time the preview didn’t correspond to the next cover :(

Jo
    Participant

It’s still great that RD has the banner on the cover but I really had high hopes for the full cover :o(

si
    Participant

Ah well. What a pity, never mind.

hummingbird
    Participant

> Fuck Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt

Given half a chance ….

pfm
    Participant

> Can?t remember the last time the preview didn?t correspond to the next cover :(

It probably suddenly hit them what they were promoting.

littlesmegger
    Participant

I never had ideas of it being on the front in any shape, so the banner is a surprise personally. Mostly because, as I’ve said before, Radio Times is pro-BBC. And if the Beeb don’t want to plug Dwarf, then neither will the magazine.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

However, RT is made by BBC Worldwide, which owns half of Dave. As it’s a commercial channel, and they have a DVD on its way (from 2|Entertain, half/fully owned by BBC Worldwide) I know which I’d want to promote!

Rad
    Participant

I should have known. Most Radiotimes covers these days are a white background with a face on it.

Somebody
    Participant

> (from 2|Entertain, half/fully owned by BBC Worldwide)

Has that not been sorted out by now? I thought BBCWW were confirmed buyers for Woolworths’ half.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Has that not been sorted out by now? I thought BBCWW were confirmed buyers for Woolworths? half.

I don’t think it’s been sorted out yet. Certainly I can’t find any press releases stating that it has, and Wikipedia (for all its faults, it’s more likely to be updated in this respect than 2|Entertain’s website) says it hasn’t.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.