Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Seeing The Dark Knight will be so weird now, and so sad.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    TheLeen
    Participant

With Heath Ledger dead.

I just heard it on the radio this morning, I thought I was still half asleep and my brain was making things up, but apparently not.

:(

And what’s Terry Gilliam going to do now with his new movie? Weren’t they halfway through filming?

thomasaevans
    Participant

It’s awfull news. I was devastated to hear It last night. I’m more shocked about the circumstances… he is’nt know for depression or drug abbuse.

Michael Caine has been quoted to say that Ledger’s portrayal of the joker, is the scarriest performance he’s witnessed in his career. This film will be his swan song. But he clearly had so much more to give. 28. It’s tragic.

RIP.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I saw the news last night, and I was just gutted. A Knight’s Tale is among my most favorite films. The Dark Knight will be strange to watch after this has unfurled. It would be an injustice to not see it though.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

Indeed – the news came through at work late last night (so many people called up to tell us!) and we were all shocked and gutted. He was clearly just entering the peak of his career – from what I’ve seen of it, his portrayal of the Joker is excellent – and it’s a pity he won’t be around to entertain us more.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> And what?s Terry Gilliam going to do now with his new movie? Weren?t they halfway through filming?

Well, I’m assuming it’ll just not make any money the same as normal, but this time it wont be released.

Also: this is indeed very sad and shocking.

pfm
    Participant

> he is?nt know for depression or drug abbuse

Well he used to be a heroin user. Not that this has anything to do with his death, which is being called accidental. It seems he had been suffering from insomnia for a while and had prescribed sleeping pills. There was an interview with him a while ago saying he was getting like 2 hours sleep a night shooting The Dark Knight. He may have had pneumonia too, it’s being reported.

Whatever happened it’s a sad sad loss. At 28…it’s fucking no age. He was just about to hit the seriously huge league too, I feel. He had the the potential to be right up there.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yeah, I liked him a lot even if I didn’t like a few of the films he was in. He was the sort of actor who made being charming and likeable look effortless.

Wayne
    Participant

Terrible news to hear when someon with so much talent still left to give dies. I think its fair to say that he’ll end up a cinema icon now.

Dave
    Participant

>Well, I?m assuming it?ll just not make any money the same as normal, but this time it wont be released.

Well, I?m assuming it?ll make more money than it would have otherwise.

Andrew
    Participant

> Well, I?m assuming it?ll make more money than it would have otherwise.

I think the point was that this is unlikely if they were only mid-shoot. The movie seems to be too far from the finish to be cut together from what’s already been shot. Which means that not only will it be yet another profit-free Gilliam movie with a problematic production, but this time it won’t even SEE a movie theatre.

pfm
    Participant

It’s his punishment for doing Brothers Grimm.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Let’s just hope the behind-the-scenes crew captured enough footage, we could have Lost In La Mancha 2.

Jo
    Participant

And what?s Terry Gilliam going to do now with his new movie? Weren?t they halfway through filming?

I read in the paper this morning that they are hoping to use CGI to try and complete the film. Apparently he had filmed around half of his footage. the quote from (co-star) Christopher Plummer is “There is a way perhaps… of turning Heath into other people using stills and CGI”

TheLeen
    Participant

Oh God.

Thanks for the update.

Dave
    Participant

Of course it’ll be done tastefully in his memory rather than in order to make money

Phil
    Participant

Can’t he just use a little paper cutout of Heath?

penny
    Participant

Maybe they’ll hire a Heath look-a-like…hope the agent doesn’t mix up Ted Heath in the search if they do.

ChrisM
    Participant

I thought they had finished filming all the joker stuff.

It’s sad, definitely, but I reckon the film will still get released. And so it should.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

The Dark Knight has been finished. It’s the Terry Gilliam film that is incomplete.

ChrisM
    Participant

Ok. Obviously got a bit mixed up there :)

Anyone seen Two Hands?

He was in that, and it was quite quirky and interesting. It is essentially an Australian gangster film but it had some strange surreal parts as it’s narrated by the main character’s dead brother.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.