Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Sit.com with Norm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    thomasaevans
    Participant

Ain’t been here in a while so apologies if this has been discussed.

Flicking through new sitcoms currently in production, I saw this:

Sit.com

Starring Norman Lovett, Sarah Alexander, Dave Lamb, Rhys James and Jessie Cave

Writers David Baddiel and Barnaby Slater

Directed by David Baddiel

Produced by Sioned Wiliam

The internet has been well represented on film and TV… but, perhaps, the real change the internet has made is in the infiltration of technology into people’s lives on a microscopic, domestic, everyday level.

Sit.com is a traditional family sitcom, but with a twist: it will show the way we live now – on the screen – on the screen.

The characters include a father who fancies himself as a web entrepreneur but finds that all his “killer apps” have already been invented, a step-mum trying to stalk the children on Facebook and a teenage daughter whose intimate blog takes personal revelation a step too far.

The tech-guided scenarios feature a neighbour suspected of piggy-backing on the family wi-fi connection and the chaos caused by an Amazon delivery.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/sit_com/

Connell
    Participant

This sounds particularly hideous. How could that go on for more than one episode? Seems very “When the Whistle Blows” A-la Extras.

I wonder if Norm will invent an app to get his ball back…

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I wonder if they’ll splash out on the domain

Dollar Pound
    Participant

they should do a sitcom with holly and talking painting of a horse, a talkshow with confidence, a non-talking pantomine horse and a gay robot skeleton or a sitcom with lister, a robot and a talking humanoid cat… oh wait

Dollar Pound
    Participant

i forgot the talking dog. in the holly sitcom. so what hasn’t been done yet is a talkshow with rimmer, a non-talking painting of a horse, an obesce hetero robot and a talking non-humanoid cat

Kris Carter
    Participant

I spoke with Norman about this on the weekend, as I was lucky enough to guest at the Wales Comic Con. Shared a minibus journey with him to the venue, and he didn’t seem to know much about this show, it was something he’d worked on last year he said, but that was it, felt pretty dismissive of it to my mind.

Still, we had a good chat about other stuff, I avoided much Dwarf talk, but we spoke about Rik Mayall, Alan Rickman and Victoria Wood’s passing, and Norman’s interactions with them on various projects.

pfm
    Participant

Who knows whether it’ll ever see the light of day? Hope it does though. Any new sitcom pilot is welcome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.