Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Smugle or Strugle? – Dispatches From Smegle

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 5,393 total)
  • Author
    Unrumble
    Participant

Hah, first guess was Rimmer’s arm from the Mayor of Warsaw scene. Then I got the right episode, but thought it was Cat when he’s “courting”. Think I was confusing it with the suit he’s wearing when he emerges from Rimmer’s wardrobe….

08/06/2022 

🟨🟩

clem
    Participant

08/06/2022 

🟨🟨🟩

At first I was trying to think what all that green could be. Don’t remember the sleeping quarters walls showing up like that before.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

08/06/2022

🟩

#RedDwarf #Smegle 08/06/2022 

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©

I didn’t clock it was pyjamas so thought it could be basically any shot from 1 or 2.

Got it once I realised but a difficult one for me today 

Dave
    Participant

08/06/2022 

🟨🟨🟨🟨🟩

I may not be fast but I get there in the end etc.

cwickham
    Participant

#RedDwarf #Smegle 08/06/2022 

🟩

🟩

Only episode with the PJs, isn’t it?

Jenuall
    Participant

08/06/2022 

🟩

I’d know those PJ’s anywhere!

Only episode with the PJs, isn’t it?

Stasis Leak at least too

Dave
    Participant

Queeg too, no?

Warbodog
    Participant

And if you’re not counting Thanks for the Memory.

I do mainly associate them with that one scene in Me2 though.

Christ, that was a lucky guess then.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

09/06/2022

🟩

That was a nice surprise – I wasn’t expecting the semi-educated guess to actually be right!

Warbodog
    Participant

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

I should have paid more attention to the background, but worked through the eccentric royalty type ones anyway.

#RedDwarf #Smegle 09/06/2022 

🟩

Knew that immediately.

Dave
    Participant

09/06/2022 

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

At first I thought it was a Holoship uniform, then thought it was the Cat priest from Waiting For God.

Jenuall
    Participant

09/06/2022 

🟩

Yeah, no mistaking that one

Unrumble
    Participant

09/06/2022 

🟩

Do you think I’m insane? 

Flap Jack
    Participant

“Is that Commander Bink- “

(That’s only 1 episode off, though!)

clem
    Participant
    09/06/2022 
    β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
    Got a sense of it being a period costume from the first square. I was thinking of the Cat in Pride and Prejudice Land but the background didn’t look right. Ditto for Stoke but I went for that anyway, then Rimmerworld. 

🟩

Couldn’t have been anybody else.

Unrumble
    Participant

Couldn’t have been anybody else.

clem
    Participant

10/06/2022 

β¬›πŸŸ©

Went for Can of Worms first.

Warbodog
    Participant

🟨🟩

Went for the ritual sacrifice from Skipper like I did on Day 1, even though there’s not much chance of it being such a brief scene.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

10/06/2022

🟨🟨🟩

I feel like I must have watched XI more than XII; I don’t actually remember that scene. I mean I can guess what it is knowing the context of the general premise, but I don’t actually remember or recognise it.

Warbodog
    Participant

Have we only had one image from series VIII so far? Hollister from Pete Part One is the only one I remember.

Considering that’s a longer series, it should be coming up slightly more often than most.

Does Smegle have taste?

#RedDwarf #Smegle 10/06/2022 

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©

Same as others. Thought Skipper, then was completely guessing. As with Runaway, I do not remember this scene at all even though I understand the context of it, I think. 

Dave
    Participant

Went for the ritual sacrifice from Skipper

Same. I was torn between that and the real answer and plumped for the wrong one first.

10/06/2022 

🟨🟩

Unrumble
    Participant

I don’t actually remember that scene. I mean I can guess what it is knowing the context of the general premise, but I don’t actually remember or recognise it

10/06/22

🟨🟨🟨🟩

Same here, was just punching in XII episodes at random for the first 3. Then I thought “low power/lighting… Mechocracy fits, maybe?” 

cwickham
    Participant

Feels like another “should have got it in one”…

#RedDwarf #Smegle 10/06/2022 

β¬›πŸŸ©

Flap Jack
    Participant

Same as clem, I went for Can of Worms. That’s always my first thought when I see Dave era red lighting. Then for some reason thought it could be either the lower levels of the ship in Siliconia (or the cleaning fight, but in retrospect that scene isn’t really red… and also doesn’t really feature The Cat), before remembering the power outage from Mechocracy. Mechocracy was the first ever Difficult Daily, so nice to see it again. πŸ˜„

Have we only had one image from series VIII so far? Hollister from Pete Part One is the only one I remember.
    Considering that’s a longer series, it should be coming up slightly more often than most.
    Does Smegle have taste?

There was actually one other. We got a close up of Rimmer in Only the Good… on May 1st, just a few days after the Pete one.

But you’re right, Series VIII has been appearing lower than average. If appearances were evenly distributed by runtime, Series VIII would have been more than 10% of DD frames. As it stands there are several individual episodes which have been as prominent as the whole of Series VIII. That’s randomness for you, I guess!

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©

Exact same guesses as Flap Jack.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I did manually reject a few Series VIII ones for being too obvious – the costumes and sets are pretty much all unique to that series – so it’s possible there’s fewer on average, until we get to the point where I selfishly stopped manually reviewing them so that I could play.

Warbodog
    Participant

I wondered if that was the thinking. With 8 episodes, there’s still peril in the blind guessing game if it’s recognisable but generic prison costumes and sets. But then, some episodes feature those much less than others, and Canary outfits would narrow it further, so it would be easier than pinpointing a series 1/2 Rimmer costume or something.

<blockquote> Series VIII would have been more than 10% of DD frames  </blockquote> 

Half of the episodes have recaps of other episodes, so whilst the series maybe longer I bet a huge chunk is cut down right there

Series VIII would have been more than 10% of DD frames 

Half of the episodes have recaps of other episodes, so whilst the series maybe longer I bet a huge chunk is cut down right there

Funny thing you should mention that, Quinn, because my feature-length fanedit Red Dwarf: Canaries cuts out all of that and instead tells a streamlined, flab-less 90-minute take on the Boys’ time in the Tank (minus BitR – that’s a whole other can of- actually not even gonna go there, I’ll just save all that for later), with no more fat jokes, no more pencil Dwarf, and significantly less sex, bad CGI dinosaurs, and repeated lines, and you’ll be able to watch it very shortly on Vimeo (password protected, obviously) through the link to be provided on IFDb, the Internet Fanedit Database.  Preview feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and I firmly believe this is the best way to watch Series VIII – and the next best way is to watch it while stuck in a tumble dryer on spin cycle whilst also suffering from acute alchohol poisoning.  And watch out for my future edits of Series VII and BTE!
    (Yes this is a shameless self plug and I’m not sorry)

Unrumble
    Participant

Went for Timeslides even though it didn’t look right, cos it was the only black and white scene I could think of. Immediately realised my error on the second square reveal… 

11/06/2022 

β¬›πŸŸ©

#RedDwarf #Smegle 11/06/2022 

β¬›πŸŸ©

ironic given what we were just discussing. 
    clem
    Participant

11/06/2022 

🟩

RunawayTrain
    Participant

11/06/2022

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

… I had to resort to Google.

Recognised it on the 4th reveal but couldn’t remember the episode – no way I’d have got it, not a snowball’s chance in a CAT scanner.  Almost felt like typing in Captain Proton, I was that clueless.

Warbodog
    Participant

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

Loved that one. Disappointed when I can’t get the crazy ones in one, but at least worked it out before the main reveal.

Flap Jack
    Participant

11/06/2022 

6/6 β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

*sweats profusely*

Yeah, I drew a complete blank on this one, until I remembered the scene just in the nick of time.

Honestly I should have stopped guessing earlier series when the obviously CGI UFO was revealed.

Pretty spooky that Warbodog brings up Series VIII underrepresentation, and then the very next day we get a Series VIII one!

Dave
    Participant

11/06/2022 

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

Went through all the episodes I could remember with b/w sequences until that silly UFO thing turned up and the penny dropped.

cwickham
    Participant

#RedDwarf #Smegle 11/06/2022 

β¬›πŸŸ©

β¬›πŸŸ©

Same as Unrumble.

Warbodog
    Participant

the obviously CGI UFO

I always took it for an appropriately crap model, but CGI would make more sense.

(“Always” = “in 1999-2000”)

RunawayTrain
    Participant

I always took it for an appropriately crap model, but CGI would make more sense.
    (β€œAlways” = β€œin 1999-2000”)

In my mind I have a vague memory of an anecdote about a programme shooting an absolutely terrible UFO scene outside with a rubbish model (the UFO literally on a string suspended from a rod) and the impression it must have given to Serious TV People who saw them.  I feel it was something like Red Dwarf but also feel like it probably wasn’t RD.  I am very confused right now and it’s been bugging me since seeing the frame last night.

…

*Groans* Urrrrrrrrgh, am I really going to have to watch Krytie TV?

Jenuall
    Participant

11/06/2022 

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

Harsh judgement required for making me have to remember Krytie TV! 

If I remember correctly, the story was they were doing this scene at the same time The Phantom Menace was being filmed nearby.

If I remember correctly, the story was they were doing this scene at the same time The Phantom Menace was being filmed nearby.

Yeah Star Wars was filming next door and they were filming the UFO on a string outside on Sheperton’s lot. 

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 5,393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.