Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum So, what do the whipper snappers think of the show…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Saw this posted over on the Introcasts Facebook page. Some young 18 year old American dude’s top ten (not yet completed) episodes of Red Dwarf. I was wondering if this is a typical top ten for the young Dwarfers of today, or is he just insane!??!

Then I read the following about Fathers & Suns and realised it was the latter…

This episode introduces one of my favorite characters in the show, Taiwan Tony

http://www.warpedfactor.com/2014/10/red-dwarf-top-ten-countdown-5-fathers.html

Pete Part Three
    Participant

“I suggest to fully enjoy Fathers and Suns, you go watch Ouroboros first”

Also, to fully enjoy the experience of being anally raped by a gorilla, first hack off your feet with a meat cleaver.

Karnie
    Participant

The fact that Fathers and Suns is in the top ten in the first place, never mind trumping Backwards and Polymorph, should have been the first clue…

JamesTC
    Participant

Well this 22 year old probably has a controversial entry or four in his top 10…

Backwards
    Out of Time
    Back to Reality
    Krytie TV
    Gunmen of the Apocalypse
    Tikka to Ride
    Fathers and Suns
    Dimension Jump
    Cassandra
    Thanks for the Memory

While I’m here I might as well tell an anecdote from a few months ago. I was in work and speaking to a guy who was a couple of years younger than me. Red Dwarf came up in conversation (I didn’t bring it up, I swear) and I mentioned how much I liked it. He looked at me and smiled and said “D’you know who I like…”. I already knew the answer before he said it. “…Dwayne Dibbley”.

JamesTC
    Participant

Looking at the episodes that he says just missed out. Dear Dave at 12. That’s pretty indefensible, I’d say.

Ridley
    Participant

Only time anyone’s ever approached me about Red Dwarf was to specifically ask what thought of Back in the Red (part one) – which aired the previous night – declare it was [smeg] then walk off.

si
    Participant

I was wearing a Kryten t-shirt in the Co-op a few weeks ago, which prompted a Dwarf/SF chat between two others in the queue, myself, and the woman behind the counter. It was quite an emotional moment.

John Hoare
    Participant

I was talking to someone the other day who has just retired from working in BBC presentation/transmission, and had been there since Red Dwarf’s very first episode.

She thought it went shit from VII.

MANI506
    Participant

Every time a normal mentions Red Dwarf I try to act casual like it’s not a disproportionately huge part of my life.

I was in HMV with two friends and one of them saw Red Dwarf and described it as great, the other said he thought it was shit. At least now I know who to save in a life-or-death situation.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

A family member was talking about watching Red Dwarf recently. He turned to me and said “You like Red Dwarf don’t you?”.

“It’s complicated” I said.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I like to gauge just how much people are into Red Dwarf when it’s mentioned, before deciding how much to disclose. The weirdest moment was when I was introduced to someone on the first day of a job, and he said “are you the same Ian Symes that does Ganymede & Titan?”.

John Hoare
    Participant

A family member was talking about watching Red Dwarf recently. He turned to me and said “You like Red Dwarf don’t you?”.

“It’s complicated” I said.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN. I always feel I have to qualify it.

Mind you, you don’t have to get me talking about Hi-De-Hi! for long without me proclaiming the first three series are the best, either.

Karnie
    Participant

Because it’s not a super well known show in the States, I’m always a little suspect when someone says they “love” Red Dwarf when I tell them what I do. I actually quiz them about it before deciding to go further in conversation. The best was when I asked which one Lister was, and they said, “He’s the captain, right?”

pfm
    Participant

I’m nearly 32 so I’m afraid whatever an 18-year-old youth has to say about anything, let alone Dwarf, is naught but white noise to me…;)

Something that irks me is how a guy I’ve worked with for years, and who is a big sci-fi fan, loves Trek, is a fairly hardcore reader of fantasy novels etc. absolutely hates Dwarf, or at least he claims to. He always makes sure he gets a stab in about Dwarf if I ever mention it. Though, funnily enough, he seems to know a heck of a lot about something he supposedly dislikes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.