Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Ganymede & Titan Movie Club…?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ve got a plan. And it’s as hot as my pants.

We pick a night every week – I’d nominate Thursdays for ease of… know, easement – where we all log on to Skype, and we sit down and we watch a film that we all happen to have on DVD (or we can Netflix it, or whichever). We start it at the exact same time, and we talk about it. While watching it. Not for a podcast, not for some Twitter club thing, but for fun.

It doesn’t have to be a good film, or a bad film, or even a film (we could, say, watch a season of Blackadder or Spaced or something one week). It gives us an excuse to dick about in a manner slightly more involved than the usual forum-related shenanigans.

Any thoughts?

Carlito
    Participant

Why Skype? Why not just chatting shit about it on here?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Well yes, that’s an option. But I like that sort-of instant response…. thing you get with VoIP – it’s more like sitting in a room with a bunch of friends and slightly less like sitting at a computer typing messages at oneanother.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Sounds interesting though the time differences could be a problem for me

locusceruleus
    Participant

Sounds good. I was thinking about suggesting some sort of post Back To Earth broadcast Skype thing too.

si
    Participant

Sorry, I’m shit with techno stuff – what’s Skype?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster
    TheLeen
    Participant

I’d give it a try if I can make the day/time, but I’d prefer typy chat to chatty chat.

Paul Muller
    Participant

Sound like a laugh, I’d be up for it. Of course, you’d have to endure my hideously dull, monotone west country burr.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

You cold, Paul?

Paul Muller
    Participant

Oh arr.

James
    Participant

But it’s not really your plan is it Ben? Graham Linehan has been doing the same thing on Twitter for a while.
    http://whythatsdelightful.wordpress.com/2009/02/13/and-so-it-begins/

Dave
    Participant

>Sorry, I?m shit with techno stuff – what?s Skype?

I’m with you there. Aerial Physical Education?

G + T themed films, that I haven’t seen but no one seems to have a good thing to say about:
    The Rape Of Ganymede & Titan AE

Phil
    Participant

>Graham Linehan has been doing the same thing on Twitter for a while.

Also known as “once, last month.”

James
    Participant

Also known as an on going project. Once G&T have it running full tilt, I’m sure you’ll have enough for a fruit salad at the end of the month.

Phil
    Participant

>Also known as an on going project.

Nope. He specifically commented afterward that if anyone were to host another event like this, it wouldn’t be him.

James
    Participant

Yes you’re right as usual, how could I have been so stupid, as usual. Yes I know. It is run by The Bad Movie Club. They contacted Graham to get people involved, he did. It’s a very fine idea, I like the idea, it wasn’t Ben’s idea. That is awwwlll.

Phil
    Participant

Addendum to the above: I haven’t bothered to dig too far, but I can’t seem the find the comment where Graham said he wouldn’t helm it again. I may have dreamed/hallucinated it.

Paul Muller
    Participant

I NOMINATE THIS THREAD FOR RAPIDLY GOING DOWNHILL STATUS.

hummingbird
    Participant

And how exactly would that make it different from any other thread?

I like the movie club idea. But not skype. Please.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

>I?ve got a plan. And it?s as hot as my pants.

I love you, Ben.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.