Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Listings Mags…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    si
    Participant

So, We know RD didn’t make the main cover of RT. But! It’s got the cover of Total TV Guide AND TV & Satellite Week, and there’s a small (half page) feature in What’s on TV.

We’re not doing too bad…

si
    Participant

Oh, and there’s also an *ahem* exclusive in The Mirror (Craig’s favourite paper) today, telling us that “Corrie star Craig Charles has turned stuntman for the return of TV comedy Red Dwarf.”

The cult sci-fi show, watched by eight million fans in its 90s heyday, is back with a three-part series.

Charles, 44, who plays human survivor Dave Lister, said: “The show is called Back to Earth and it is about Lister and Rimmer and Kryten and Cat finding their way back to the planet in the early 21st century.

“The first week of filming was quite gruelling. We did a lot of flying on wires

“A lot of the time these days they get a stuntman in but I like crashing through windows and banging into walls.”

The new series, also starring Chris Barrie, starts on April 10 on channel Dave.

So there.

clem
    Participant

Saw the cover of TV & Satellite Week today when I was buying the Reverend Timms. I love that photo. Craig’s hands are lush.

hummingbird
    Participant

Can we maybe post scans of the articles for those people who won’t be buying all the mags?

Ilinga
    Participant

Yes, scans please! If I could stroll down to the shops and buy them I would, but I’m in the wrong country. :(

si
    Participant

I really must get a life. This week I have 9 listings mags – TV Times (?1.05), What’s On TV (47p), Radio Times (?1.10), TV & Satellite Week (Dwarf Cover – ?1.20), TV Easy (47p), TV Quick (80p), TV Choice (40p), Total TV Guide (Dwarf Cover – ?1.00) and We Love Telly (Free from Daily Mirror), as well as the April issue of What Satellite & Digital TV (?3.99, with four page feature).

That’s ?10.48. And I cancelled a ?2.99 Aerosmith CD this week from Play.com as I start to save for DJ. Get a grip, Si, get a grip…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Other listings magazines are available.

si
    Participant

Are they? I don’t think so!

Ilinga
    Participant

That’s it. I’m giving in. I doubt there will be much mention over here whenever it gets shown, so I’m just going to have to grab what I can from over there.

Can someone pick me up some of these tv magazines please? I’m afraid the Aussie dollar is worth diddly at the moment, so I need a kind soul who will do it for cost. I can Paypal the money over to cover the mags and postage. I’d love Total TV guide and TV & Satellite Week. Any others that have something decent in them would be great too, not just a line or two and a thumbnail photo for example.

They are still available, right? Please drop me a line at bindi_342@fastmail.com.au if you can help. :)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You might be unlucky – a fresh batch of listings magazines will be released on Tuesday morning, and it’s 7:40pm on Monday now…

Ilinga
    Participant

Yep, you’re probably right. I always forget what time it is over there, thought it was earlier. Oh well, I suppose it serves me right for trying to rein in my inner fangirl and not just giving in straight away. *sigh*

Can someone at least point me towards some scans then? Please?

si
    Participant

I’d love to…

I’ll see what I can do in the next day or two.

Jo
    Participant

I’ve scanned the covers…

TV & Satellite Week – http://tinyurl.com/debqf2
    Radio Times – http://tinyurl.com/cs6xx3
    Total TV Guide – http://tinyurl.com/d6nxx7

I’ll also try and get the articles done in some kind of readable fashion :)

Jo
    Participant

Forget my previous post. Covers and articles scanner here: http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Theofficialreddwarffanclub/Media%20Coverage/?

si
    Participant

Cool. Still got a few(!) more myself. I’ll try and get them done before friday.

si
    Participant

Just bought today’s new (new-look) Radio Times. Saturday’s listing is one of the day’s choices, is accompanied by the picture of Sophie Winkleman as Katerina that we’re all familiar with, and reads:

The boys are back in town! The middle part of the new trilogy that’s sent sci-fi message boards into a frenzy sees Arnold Rimmer’s holographic replacement Katerina (played by Claudia Winkleman’s half-sister Sophie) determined to take Lister back home. Needless to say the crew are in for a big surprise on the Earth of 2009. And Rimmer has no intention of being replaced… The episode is followed by a collection of out-takes, or “Smeg-Ups” in Dwarfian parlance (9.35pm), and tomorrow sees the finale of Back to Earth, plus a documentary.

Sadly, Doctor Who Confidential on BBC3 is on 8.30-9.20pm, so you can’t watch *that*. It is repeated in it’s entirety at 4.10am though, so that’s alright.

Another interesting thing is that RT list the complete repeat on Monday night as “series nine”…

Ilinga
    Participant

Brilliant! Thanks for the links!

si, if you get the chance to scan the others, I’d be very grateful. :)

Oh, and is it just me, or is Mr. Barrie channeling Dr. Smith in this photo?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Good one, si!

> Another interesting thing is that RT list the complete repeat on Monday night as ?series nine??

This is really interesting. I wonder if this is their presumption or whether it actually *is* technically series IX…

Andrew
    Participant

> I wonder if this is their presumption or whether it actually *is* technically series IX?

Internally, it’s never, ever been ‘Series IX’, though I suppose there’s an argument that it IS the ‘ninth series’. So far as we’re concerned the series title is ‘Red Dwarf: Back to Earth’. It’s a single story with a single title that functions much as, say, ‘Red Dwarf VI’ does, as the name under which all the episodes unite.

si
    Participant

Yeah, but I remember when Series VII came back after the *gasp!* massive gap of over three years (!), it was unofficially known as ‘Back From The Dead’. Indeed, this is what I put on the cover of my video (the video sleeves of my recordings always were good…)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Back From The Dead was just a tagline – Back To Earth is your actual title. But the series numbering thing is very interesting. For now, I see it as Series I-VIII and BtE; it’s not Series IX in my head, in the same way that this year’s Doctor Who specials won’t be Series 5. What will make it more difficult is if and when a full series is commissioned in the future. Will that be IX or X?

ChrisM
    Participant

Or maybe they’ll just go with another title to avoid confusion.

si
    Participant

What Ian said.

It’s like you have Doctor Who series one, then The Christmas Invasion, then series two etc. It stands alone.

locusceruleus
    Participant

>What will make it more difficult is if and when a full series is commissioned in the future. Will that be IX or X?

IX. These are three specials. I don’t get where all the confusion comes from. You get it a lot on Wikipedia – people counting one or two part episodes of Frost and Fools and Horses as a series.

It angrys up my blood. Bah, the fuckers.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Not that IMDb is the most reliable of sources, but they’ve classed Back To Earth as Series 9 as well.

It’s Wrong, but that’s what it says.

JamesTC
    Participant

>It?s like you have Doctor Who series one, then The Christmas Invasion, then series two etc. It stands alone.

‘The Christmas Invasion’ was given the code 2X so it is part of Series 2, plus it is on the boxset with ‘New Earth’ on the same disc.

John Hoare
    Participant

I STILL don’t like the fact that the Who specials this year are technically part of Series 4…

Rad
    Participant

Series Nine in the new Radiotimes today as well.

When do we think Series 5 of Doctor Who will start shooting?

si
    Participant

Here we are then – I’ve scanned about half of the mags I bought last week, including the four page article in ‘What Satellite & Digital TV’ Magazine. I’ll try and add the others tomorrow.

http://photobucket.com/sistvmags

I know Jo’s already scanned some (and from the look of things, her pages are bigger as well – I may work on that), but they’re here if you want them. ;)

JamesTC
    Participant

> When do we think Series 5 of Doctor Who will start shooting?
    I think it is going straight into production once the last special is filmed which should be 2 or 3 weeks.

Rad
    Participant

Cheers man.

Ridley
    Participant

Virgin Media’s TV Guide shows the original Dave episode synopses.

locusceruleus
    Participant

tvguide.co.uk is listing the Friday episode as half an hour, and Saturday and Sunday’s as 35 minutes each. Weird.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.