Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The new specials will be recorded infront of an audience

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    JamesTC
    Participant

Over on Robert Llewellyns Twitter page he confirmed that two of the episodes were confirmed to be recorded infront of an audience. You can find it on this link – http://twitter.com/bobbyllew.
    Here is the quote – “We are making 4 new episodes of Red Dwarf, with original main cast, 2 eps recorded in front of audience. Not seen scripts yet.”

I get exited at the smallest of news on the new Red Dwarf, they put up Craig Charles eats crisps on set and I might explode from excitement.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Yes, I had a link to the actual Tweet in question – http://twitter.com/bobbyllew/status/1106804217 – primed and ready to post on the news page. SOME OF US HAVE JOBS, THOUGH.

Oh well, you don’t get some kind of witty commentary from us on it now. Your loss.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

(that sounds unnecessarily arsey, sorry. Of course it’s good when people find news. It’s just that before we had a forum, people had to email it to us, and it made us look good, instead of slow!)

James
    Participant

G&T outdone by a penguin shocker.

performingmonkey
    Participant

So it’s something like 11 days (i.e. week next Monday) ’til production gets going. I’m assuming audience recordings aren’t taking place ’til later in production, otherwise surely we would know more about them by now? 6th and 13th Feb maybe?

At least there IS an audience! It’s actually fairly momentous that we know that for sure now. They’re gonna feel like proper episodes and everything! Can’t wait to see what set and costumes they use. Will the cast look like their OoT-selves now??

JamesTC
    Participant

They?re gonna feel like proper episodes and everything!

They are proper episodes. I think filming will take about 4 weeks at most, it is only 2 episodes and a clip show to film with the behind the scenes filming through all 3.
    It starts the same day filming as Doctor Who I think, good day for TV filming, bad day for me as I have an A-Level Statistics exam!
    Rob also said in his Tweet that filming was in Manchester and London if that is of intrest to anyone.
    I can’t wait to see the new and improved Kryten!

hummingbird
    Participant

Good old Bobby. It seems like he’s the only way we get any news of what’s going on.
    It makes me very happy to know they’re going to be audience recordings.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

“original main cast”

Um, is Bobby in it?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Didn’t we have this discussion weeks ago?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Well, it probably is de ja vu. It sounds like it.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m probably the only person here who’s disappointed that they’re using a studio audience.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Coincidentally you’re also the only person here I’m now going to KILL WITH A ICE PICK.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

You may find your plan to have a slight Geography-based hiccup, there.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I AM BEHIND YOUR AMERICAN ‘COUCH’.

Andrew
    Participant

“Waa, I don’t understand. If Robert says this why can’t all the news appear on the Red Dwarf site first? We’re entitled, Grant Naylor don’t know what they’re doing and my life is being ruined by finding things out this way…”

Phil
    Participant

?

Andrew
    Participant

Must you question everything I do? :-)

hummingbird
    Participant

must you answer every question with a question?

Andrew
    Participant

Must you?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Is your name Holly?

Phil
    Participant

What’s? An? IGUANA?

performingmonkey
    Participant

Oh it’s just a big bloody joke to you, innit? Innit??

Carlito
    Participant

Will they?

Release the hounds.

Dave
    Participant

The new specials will be recorded in front of an audience of hounds

Carlito
    Participant

How apt. The show went to the dogs two series ago.

Boom boom.

Carlito
    Participant

To clarify, I was only joking, based on the popular opinion of VII and VIII. I actually really liked a lot of VII and most of VIII so I was just going for the cheap laugh.

So you know.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>I actually really liked a lot of VII and most of VIII so I was just going for the cheap laugh.

That’s all right. So did they.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I?m probably the only person here who?s disappointed that they?re using a studio audience.

I’m not dissapointed, but having been at one of the Series 8 recordings (Have I ever mentioned that?) things appeared a lot funnier than when they reached the screen. Myself and friends were all in agreement that the Dwarf we loved was back… oh boy were we suckered.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I guess the only problem with the shows being in front of an audience these days, is that so much will be leaked out by audience members on the interweb prior to the screening.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

True but there’s always pick-ups that alter things. I was most confused at the end of Only the Good when Death turned up – “THIS IS NOT THE ENDI….oh.”

Andrew
    Participant

> having been at one of the Series 8 recordings (Have I ever mentioned that?)

Which one?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Well there’s a blatant clue in one of my posts above ;-)

Andrew
    Participant

Ah. Oh. Right.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

A blatant clue to what?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

-Bananas.

Carlito
    Participant

A blatant clue to the truth about Rimmer.

Paul Muller
    Participant

So what is it?

James
    Participant

It’s a place where every thread turns into a VII VIII rant.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster
    Somebody
    Participant

True but there?s always pick-ups that alter things. I was most confused at the end of Only the Good when Death turned up – ?THIS IS NOT THE ENDI?.oh.?

Except For Viewers In Scotland, where BBC Scotland cut away immediately after “The End”.

performingmonkey
    Participant

That’s because the BBC Scotland version ended with ‘The Cunt It Is…’ so they had to cut it.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.