Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Next Companion?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    pfm
    Participant

So, Hannah Murray, best known for playing Cassie in Skins, is now being rumoured as the 11th Doctor’s companion.

While this rumour may simply have come about due to her appearing in the same play as Matt Smith (they played brother and sister, with Lindsay Duncan (coincidentally in one of the specials…) as their mother), it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she had at least auditioned for the part. Personally I think she would be a fairly decent choice, though how she and Matt Smith would actually fit in the Tardis, what with them being so chubby, is anyone’s guess…

She’s 19 so that makes for a pretty young-looking Tardis crew. I know some people are convinced they’re gonna go for someone older to balance it out, but why should they? And I’m assuming she would be playing a more timid character, which at least would be different from the bold, mouthy Londoners that inhabited RTD’s reign (not that there was anything wrong with having strong female characters, and I’m sure Hannah’s companion would be strong in her own way).

pfm
    Participant

Interestingly enough, I’ve just read that she was also in a deleted scene in In Bruge with none other than…Matt Smith.

Dave
    Participant

I saw that play, although it was the understudy run and therefore neither of them were in it.

Neither of them came to see it either nor did Lindsay Duncan, which is considered very bad form.

I suspect that we’ll have two companions…

si
    Participant

I’ve never watched Skins, but on the evidence of that photo alone, she reminds me a little of someone… oh yes, Billie Piper.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Racist.

Dave
    Participant

Rapist.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Matt Smith was in In Bruges?

Rod Hull has a false arm?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

But the hair is real.

Jo
    Participant

>though how she and Matt Smith would actually fit in the Tardis, what with them being so chubby, is anyone?s guess?

What on earth are you talking about?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I think he’s trying to do a joke.

pfm
    Participant

> Matt Smith was in In Bruges?

Only in this deleted scene, apparently, the same one Hannah appears in.

Jo
    Participant

> I think he?s trying to do a joke.

Oh.

si
    Participant

Or *be* a joke. One or the other.

JamesTC
    Participant

Don’t mean to be pedantic, actually I do, she is not the next companion, we have two more to announce and 4 more to watch on screen before she arrives if she is infact a she.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.