Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Unanswered Questions

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 720 total)
  • Author

He’s a catering officer, maybe it was his duty to bring Hollister his lunch.

The “flashback” is a re-creation of Rimmer’s death made by Holly. He probably just left them out.

Jenuall
    Participant

Isn’t it implied that Holly just recorded the event rather than re-created it? Although the latter would make more sense given the dramatic camera angles we get which wouldn’t work if it was just put together from CCTV footage!

I guess it wouldn’t be beyond Rimmer to request that his death video be edited to remove unwanted elements like a certain “Danish moron”

He says “Holly made if for me”. Now, it could be CCTV footage but that fact it is dramatised in the way it is lends itself to the idea he re-created it digitally.

Flap Jack
    Participant

My personal theory regarding Petersen’s remains is that while Lister was in stasis, he took it upon himself to take over Lister’s apparent habit of randomly going up to the drive room and flirting with harassing Kochanski. And he just happened to be there when the cadmium hit the fan.

Or, a more wholesome variation: both Petersen and Kochanski had hidden layers and were secretly very good friends who would often visit each other at their workstations.

Dave
    Participant

Maybe he was just coming to restock the vending machine next to Hollister’s office.

Maybe none of the piles of dust were the crew at all, but the first of many practical jokes Holly played on Lister.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Soft southern bastard here: it was always the 10 second rule around our way. And lets face it nobody ever really paid that much attention to it either way!

On topic: What was Petersen doing in the drive room when the accident happened? Lister licks his dust in The End but nobody questions what he was doing there! Also on that note, if him and Kochanski both also died in the drive room then why don’t we see them in the flashback sequence in Me²?

He was a catering officer so maybe he was delivering the Hollister’s dinner.

Dave
    Participant

He’s a catering officer, so maybe it was his duty to bring Hollister his breakfast.

There, I think we’ve covered all the possibilities now.

Jenuall
    Participant

Haha :)

I guess Mr Fat Bastard 2044 might have regular visits from a catering officer so I’ll accept that head canon

clem
    Participant

He’s a catering officer, so maybe it was his duty to bring Hollister his breakfast.

There, I think we’ve covered all the possibilities now.

Dave
    Participant

Maybe Petersen had to permanently stand in the drive room just in case Hollister wanted something to eat, and that’s what Catering Officer means. He was technically second in command of the whole ship.

As second in command, he was able to order Rimmer to fix the drive plate, knowing it was cause a radiation leak thus fulling his promise that Lister “will die for this” for embarrassing him in front of two beautiful ladies.

What he wasn’t aware of was that Lister had just been sent to stasis and that radiation leaks have a nasty habit of killing everyone.

Dave
    Participant

Maybe Petersen is actually Lewis Pemberton’s evil twin and turns everything to shit.

If Petersen were the bridge catering officer, then it would explain how he knew how Rimmer performed in an exam and was able to rely it to Lister.

Jenuall
    Participant

It’s all adding up now!

He could have been on the bridge for a meeting to discuss catering issues with the Captain. The more important question is how did someone like Petersen end up as an officer at all?

Dave
    Participant

Pass the chef’s exam?

It is quite amusing how even the catering staff are office grade yet the techies aren’t!

Jenuall
    Participant

I always assumed there were other types of technician or engineering crew who were officer class and it was just the lower level maintenance type techies like Rimmer who don’t make the cut

Dave
    Participant

Maybe Petersen was posthumously promoted to officer for heroically jumping in to prevent a nuclear explosion hitting Hollister in the face.

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 720 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.