Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What if Channel 5 produced Red Dwarf?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

Would it be called Red Dwarf or ‘Benefits Britain: In Space’? Synopsis: The tale of one man, Dave Lister, the last human being alive and his life being unemployed and on the dole, whilst being stranded three million years into the future, in space.?

Episode 1: Lister must navigate his way using Starbug to the nearest Jobcentre to sign on, but is too drunk to drive.

Ridley
    Participant

Why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

Dave
    Participant

Hitler would be in it more regularly.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

Largely the same, but with a naked Keith Chegwin.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I’d be reading out tweets about it.

pfm
    Participant

It’d be better than VII and VIII.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Isn’t that more of a Channel 4 stereotype, though?

If Channel 5 made Red Dwarf, nobody would have seen it

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Lister isn’t unemployed, he’s a third technician for the Jupiter Mining Corporation with a commission on their mining ship Red Dwarf.

Dave
    Participant

Lister isn’t unemployed, he’s a third technician for the Jupiter Mining Corporation with a commission on their mining ship Red Dwarf.

Not in this imaginary Channel 5 version, it seems.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Who lets a few facts get in the way of such biting social satire?

John Hoare
    Participant

i am going to use this thread as an excuse to plug my article about working in Channel 5 TX.

http://www.dirtyfeed.org/2015/08/24-hours-in-channel-5-tx/

I have now used this thread as an excuse to plug my article about working in Channel 5 TX.

pfm
    Participant

That is seriously one of the most interesting articles, and I’m not sure why I didn’t read it originally. I’ve often wondered what it must be like in the offices of any channel when ‘Normal service will resume shortly’ or equivalent title card has to be displayed, and also have the image of someone screaming ‘put the fucking tape in! The other one!’ and various obscenities and hair-pulling…

John Hoare
    Participant

If you’re good, you calmly assess the situation and get the channel back on air as quickly as possible.

If you’re bad, you yell FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK and wait for someone to rush in and save you.

I hopefully do the former… these days.

John, that was a fascinating read. Thank you for using this thread as an excuse for plugging your article about working in Channel 5 TX

John Hoare
    Participant

Ah, thank you!

I am glad I used this thread as an excuse to plug my article about working in Channel 5 TX.

RickLee84
    Participant

Inevitably, there will be a knock on the air lock door some day from a guy with a high court writ who’ll be looking payment or they will be seizing Kryten as a valuable asset to cover the debt owed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.