Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What if Red Dwarf Series 4 and 5 were remastered?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jawscvmcdia
    Blocked

GNP were commissioned to remaster Red Dwarf Series 4 and 5 in 1999, but decided to shelve the project until the technology caught up with their ambitions. Had they of gone ahead with the project, what do you think Red Dwarf Series 4 and 5 would have been like if they were remastered?

Dave
    Participant

Not quite as good as the originals?

What if Series IV & V were remastered?

What if cats and dogs formed an alliance?

What if Jimmy Savile came back to life?

Many things in life are neither wanted or needed.

si
    Participant

what do you think Red Dwarf Series 4 and 5 would have been like if they were remastered?

Shit.

Next?

Chris Stokes
    Participant

The pencil version blowing up in ‘Demons and Angels’ would have made a great gif though

Moonlight
    Participant

Poorly paste a shitton of CGI maggots over the low strawberry.

Looks like I’m not the only one rewatching the Bodysnatcher DVDs at the minute then…

Unhappy with Robert Llewellyn’s face, Doug and Ed decided to replace him in DNA with a CG human with more traditionally ‘attractive’ face in hope of gaining global approval and helping to secure funding for the movie.

The ‘So what is it?’ scene was removed from White Hole to make space for shots of the pencil being distorted by close proximity of the titular hole, and an extended ‘pool with planets’ sequence that lasts close to eight minutes.

Dave
    Participant

No, I think the “so what is it” scene would be kept, but would be re-edited into chronological order so that it finally makes sense.

Dave
    Participant

Oh and a CGI Skutter crosses the bottom of the screen at the beginning of Camille.

cwickham
    Participant

There would’ve been two extra discs on the Bodysnatcher Collection and Andrew Ellard would have spent even longer on the “What’s Different?” text track.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I think that might be the only case I’ve ever known where an April Fool is actually too bleak to to be funny. I keep imagining it’s real.

I’m tempted to change Back To Reality to conform to Remastered video specifications, edit here and there and dub in some whacky modern videogame sounds as it progresses. Then question the futility of it all and go on a four day bender culminating with crashing the stage at Dimension Jump.

Dax101
    Participant

“The pencil version blowing up in ‘Demons and Angels’ would have made a great gif though”

Honestly they couldn’t even have the CGI ships crash let along explode, so i wonder how they would have done it.

Dax101
    Participant

I wonder if Rimmers mother would be dubbed over again.

Kinky.

flanl3
    Participant

I honestly don’t care what would happen so long as Series VI and VII got a Starbug flyover for the credits the way RD got one in some other series

Moonlight
    Participant

Imagine how terrible the underwater stuff in Back to Reality would look, especially with an all-new CGI Despair Squid.

I can’t even make a joke, it’s too depressing for words.

A Bailey
    Participant

Although it would be apt if someone necked themselves after getting depressed over Back To Reality.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.