Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What is going on? The (RD) internet is broken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TheLeen
    Participant

There I am, all hyped up from last weekend, trying to order it2i2 from Robert Llewellyn’s website http://www.it2i2.com/ like he told me to, and it’s expired! Okay, so when I can’t have it2i2, I’ll at least have a look at Chris Barrie’s picture page. Alas, http://www.chrisbarrie.co.uk/ is in what they call “suspended hosting”.

Sad that this is the biggest update Chris’s site has had in well over a year. (Update already, dammit! Why even have a site if you don’t bother to update it in over a year? My weblog doesn’t count ‘cos it’s never gone that long without an update, so there =P .)

TheLeen
    Participant

“Why even have a site if you don?t bother to update it in over a year”

… or pay for it, apparently…

John Hoare
    Participant

Christ. That’s just embarassing, for both sites. If you’re down due to server problems, that’s one thing – but letting a domain expire for a commercial project, or not paying your bills, just makes you look really silly.

TheLeen
    Participant

I was really looking forward to watching it2i2. I wanted to grab a DVD there and then, but by the time visitor #96 (me) in the queue got to bobbyllew, it2i2 was sold out.

As for Chris Barrie, well if there was no update then I didn’t miss anything, at least. Was heading there mainly to see if there was any mention of his DJ appearance there.

>Christ. That?s just embarassing, for both sites. If you?re down due to server problems, that?s one thing – but letting a domain expire for a commercial project, or not paying your bills, just makes you look really silly.

Shit. Didn’t notice that about Chris’s site. Yes, that is worse.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I was really looking forward to watching it2i2. I wanted to grab a DVD there and then, but by the time visitor #96 (me) in the queue got to bobbyllew, it2i2 was sold out.

Probably due to the fact that most people are selfish cunts who don’t abide by the entirely fair and simple staggered system.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I wonder if your man Robert knows.

John Hoare
    Participant

it2i2 is now back up – but Chris Barrie’s is still offline…

TheLeen
    Participant

Oh yay, thanks for the notification.

John Hoare
    Participant

And Chris’s site is back up.

But still not updated…

Actually, I think his “Massive Series” page has undergone a small overhaul. It used to be a short piece about just one of the machines he’d gotten to play with (some kind of, I dunno, combine thingy). Now it’s a sort of thumbnail summary of all three series. It’d of been nice, tho’, if it had been acknowledged, like on the home or news page or something.

Wayne
    Participant

maybe he needs to be held at at gunpoint at the next DJ till he updates it? lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.