What will happen if one of the cast dies?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What will happen if one of the cast dies?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 3 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

I know it’s a very sensitive topic to write about, but I am concerned about the aging nature of the cast, and what will happen to the show when one of them inevitably dies. Will it carry on without that character or would a new one replace it ala Series 7?

Discuss.

Dollar Pound

holograms

Dave

Will it carry on without that character or would a new one replace it

Why is this phrased as an either/or question?

bloodteller

i think the show would end. no point carrying on without all four of them there

SoundableObject

I hope they try to do it like Series VII. Have the dead cast member appear in just half the episodes to ease the transition.

Katydid

I thought Chris Barrie was already dead.

Katydid

SMOKE ME A LISTER

Series XVI begin with Rimmer explaining that Lister went off to become Ace Lister – offscreen. He is replaced with a parallel universe Yvonne McGruder, who acts permanently concussed and wears glasses upside down. Rimmer constantly tries to trick her into sex, with Kryten readying the chloroform in case she refuses.

tombow

they would do a very serious episode without any laughter, like 8 Simple Rules did when John Ritter died. Hold on, that was BTE

Dave

They could just write around it, keep using footage from old episodes featuring the dead actor, and make their lines fit. They could keep the show going for years like that.

Warbodog

Hopefully their death would be recorded so you could include the footage in a sensitive tribute video and share it with us.

Taiwan Tony

What about when Grandad died in Only Fools and Horses. They brought in Uncle Albert and started a whole new era of comedic delight.
    Perhaps Buster Merryfield could play the dead actor’s relative. “Ala” Only Fools and Horses.
    During the war, he’d say!

Taiwan Tony

Would people prefer if a member of the cast died, or if Doug Naylor died and the writing was taken on by his son? “Ala” The Green Green Grass.
    Or, say his son died at the same time in e.g. a double suicide, who would the best writer to continue it?

Dave

What will happen if one of the characters dies unexpectedly? Will the actor just be told not to turn up for work next week?

bloodteller

maybe they’ll do it like Bruce Lee’s Game Of Death and use footage of the actor’s actual funeral in it, claiming the character is “faking his death” and then have them wander around in face-obscuring disguises for the rest of the runtime so that the audience can’t tell it’s just a bad stunt double

GlenTokyo

What would happen if I died? Would Red Dwarf continue without me being around to watch?

More seriously, I’d hope the show would have ended long before any of the cast should be carking it from (hopefully) very old age and they all have a nice retirement.

flanl3

“Ala”

A la, even.

clem

The obvious solution would be for Doug’s wife’s chiropractor to take over the role, obscuring the lower half of his face with a cape at all times.

Plastic Percy

Most likely there’d be a funeral, everyone would have a cup of tea and a chat and then go home.

Warbodog

Too-soon disrespectful headlines could include ‘You’re Dead Dave,’ ‘I’m Dead Dave,’ ‘He’s Deader Than Tank Tops’ etc.

I’ll find out about the sad event from Jawscvmcdia.

bloodteller

the cast can’t die as they have mastered the art of kicking the Grim Reaper in the bollocks and then running off

Paul Muller

I nominate this thread for Hall of Shame status

Taiwan Tony

A la, even.<\blockquote>

See: original post. See: quotation marks. See: smack on head.

Taiwan Tony

*/, obvs

Flap Jack

I will be very sad.

Katydid

The show switches to radio with Chris doing the missing voice(s).

Or if we’re really unlucky, Craig has to play everyone.

flanl3

I nominate this thread for Hall of Shame status

I believe that’s called the Hall of Fame.

bloodteller

actually it’s the Hall Of Duane

Pete Part Three

I’d prefer chicken.

Unrumble

It’s party time for all the little worms

quinn_drummer

Time travel back to the year 2000 and kidnap the younger version of the dead cast member and bring them to the present. Then, after 9 years of filming new Red Dwarf return them to 2009 just in time for BTE.

Warbodog

Good idea, put those

Fruitlessly wasted ten years

to use.

bloodteller

What will happen if one of the cast dyes?

Hamish

They’d be dead, sir! But there may be…

quinn_drummer

a new series, is that what you were going to say, sp speak Hamish … how can we continue the show?

Hamish

They were no match; time killed them, and destroyed everyone else around the same age, including the fanbase, which meant there was no fanbase to offend in the future, by retconning the past, so Dave commissioned a new series of Red Dwarf with a different cast, in order that Grant Naylor could generate more money in the present.

Ben Saunders

What will happen if one of my cats dies?

Dave

They were no match; time killed them, and destroyed everyone else around the same age, including the fanbase, which meant there was no fanbase to offend in the future, by retconning the past, so Dave commissioned a new series of Red Dwarf with a different cast, in order that Grant Naylor could generate more money in the present.

Garbled, confusing, and quite frankly duller than a joke about dentists standing next to X-Ray machines.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.