Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum When is it best to get drunk alone?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    penny
    Participant

Just wondering seeing as it seems that that is what I’m doing with my mulled wine as I may not get the chance to drink it as it would go off after 2 days.

So…what…urm…that question in topic thing please answer…

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I always have to finish a bottle of vodka once it’s been opened, as mum says it’ll do bad after a few hours.

In answer to your question: get drunk as often as possible, regardless of company or lack there-of.

Al
    Participant

I’m on my own tonight watching the travesty that is bad santa…. so when you’re in my situation is the time to get drunk alone I would say!

penny
    Participant

Never watched Bad Santa…but having the feeling I would have to be pissed to watch it or sleeping and therefore not watching really. But I could be better than Youth without Youth where we had all a screen walk out before getting halfway though the film today.

pfm
    Participant

When you’re writing your Christmas cards. Get drunk. It helps.

Also, if your girlfriend goes to a work’s do that you’re strangely not invited to (‘no-one’s partners are going!’ ‘I don’t believe you.’ ‘Well don’t then, but I’m going whether you like it or not!’) get pissed on your own so when she comes home you can have a drunken row.

Phil
    Participant

Never get drunk alone. Always get drunk with Phil. And never ask questions about where his hands are going. Just enjoy the ride.

mick
    Participant

Drinking alone is supposedly a sure sign of depression, as someone who mainly drinks alone I concur.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I don’t drink, so the answer here is, “What the Hell am I doing naked and handcuffed to a lamppost in San Diego?”

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

There is far too much stigma attached to having a nice drink on your own.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

Quite. As always, moderation in everything is fine.

Andrew
    Participant

The best time to drink alone is when you don’t have access to the internet…

Nakrophile
    Participant

The masterpiece that is Jingle All the Way is on channel 4 at ten to five today, so if you’ve anything left may I suggest saving it for that?

Phil
    Participant

While I agree that there’s an unfair stigma attached to having a drink on your own, it’s almost rendered irrelevant by the fact that, by its own nature, nobody will even know you’ve done it.

John Hoare
    Participant

There are reasons why I don’t, in general, drink alone – the fact that I have a slightly addictive personality, the fact that there’s a history of alcoholism in certain members of my family, the fact that I don’t really know when to stop so I need someone else to tell me – it all means it’s probably not a very sensible route to go down.

But that’s just me. Loads of people drink alone perfectly sensibly.

Phil
    Participant

Sometimes I’ll desire a drink if I’m planning to write something that I feel is going to be particularly emotional. Alcohol sort of lowers your resistance to emotional responses, and I find–or seem to find, I should say–that a good strong drink or two allows me to tap into the mood of the piece I’m working a little more easily.

Also, if I intend to watch a sad movie just for the sake of wallowing in it. This time of year tends to find me watching It’s a Wonderful Life on television with a few beers.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

> There are reasons why I don?t, in general, drink alone – the fact that I have a slightly addictive personality, the fact that there?s a history of alcoholism in certain members of my family, the fact that I don?t really know when to stop so I need someone else to tell me – it all means it?s probably not a very sensible route to go down.

Plus, you get pissed after a half of cider.

John Hoare
    Participant

I’m getting better at that! Although unfortunately, the better I get, the more expensive it gets…

I found out recently from a friend that when I was 17, she and her friend used to pour vodka into my cider, because “it was funny”. I wasn’t sure whether to be outraged at the physical attack upon my person, or grateful that I got a load of free booze.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You’d have killed for a physical “attack” upon your “person” when you were seventeen, and you know it.

John Hoare
    Participant

Yes, I wanted her to lick my willy until I spunked all over her face and tits.

penny
    Participant

>The best time to drink alone is when you don?t have access to >the internet?

I think you have struck upon a good idea, but sometimes it’s quite interesting the things people post and/or blog about when drunk…I decided to privatise my ones or delete from my blogs. Luckily no one read them except one of them which I don’t use my name on, so left it.

>When you?re writing your Christmas cards. Get drunk. It >helps.

Tried it one year and it really didn’t…I forgot to put the card in the envelope and posted it.

Dave
    Participant

>When is it best to get drunk alone?

When there is no one else around?

mick
    Participant

>Yes, I wanted her to lick my willy until I spunked all over her face and tits.

I’ve been emailing Ally Sheedy and Elizabeth Shue the same thing for years, alas no replies.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> I?ve been emailing Ally Sheedy and Elizabeth Shue the same thing for years, alas no replies.

Oh come on you whore, I want you to lick my willy until I spunk all over your face and tits! You know you want it, you filthy jezebel!

Yours Faithfully,
    Sir Anthony Hopkins.

P.S. I am wanking as I write this.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Not wiggling your arse?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Not wiggling your arse?

The arse wiggling line was itself a steal of the wanking one. I’ll give you one guess who I stole it from.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Hey, I thought I stole that one.

mick
    Participant

>P.S. I am wanking as I write this.

Been there, and quite literally brought the t shirt ;)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.