Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Who has has a Red Dwarf dream?

Viewing 35 posts - 301 through 335 (of 335 total)
  • Author
    si
    Participant

Oh fuck, this didn’t work.

Ignore this, I’ve been away from here a few days. As you were.

Moonlight
    Participant

Now we’ll never know the si-xy details.

Warbodog
    Participant

Some kind of alternate ending to Tikka to Ride. The guys arrive back at their country house hideaway, all helpfully carrying Lister’s takeaway boxes apart from Lister himself. Lister expresses his excitement to finally tuck in to some curry, and opens Cat’s box… only to find that it doesn’t have curry in it, after all, but different food, instead!

I (Rimmer?) lean over to International Debris (Kryten?) and whisper about how shit this bit is, abandoning the scene and going inside the house, where my brother’s pointing out inaccuracies in the Official Red Dwarf Companion to a confused bystander.

Fame at last.

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

I had a dream about an episode of Red Dwarf called Extermisher II and it was really dark, very horror driven and surreal. I was in the episode, but didn’t realise it was an episode of Red Dwarf until right at the end.

The details are really fuzzy as it was one of those really nonsensical dreams where things just seemed to move from place to place and people become different people right before your eyes, and you don’t even seem to bat an eyelid until you wake up and realise how dumb the whole thing was.

I do recall a killer simulant locked in a stasis pod (very original of course and definitely not just a Justice ripoff). We had to try to lead him to an airlock to flush him out into space. Various friends, family and acquaintances were there with me, coming and going at random.

If you made eye contact with him (The Extermisher I suppose??), he had the ability to completely lock your entire body in place, frozen and at his mercy. Unless someone was willing to turn you away and break the eye contact. We lost him somewhere on the ship and locked doors and hid in the sleeping quarters. If he finds us however, he does have the ability to cut his way through doors with laser-tipped fingers.

We had to sneak out and find this weird pink blob guy with no eyes but vision in some other regard and convince him to help us take out the Extermisher. I can’t remember what the Blob did to me but just thinking about the dream now makes my heart beat fast so somewhere in my subconscious he did something horrible to me. Next thing I remember, the Extermisher is in a laser cage (bit like the Hologram Projection Cage from Thanks for the Memory) looking all sad and defeated and then I realise Lister and Kryten are there, this is the drive room, I now recognise that I’m on Red Dwarf, and the words “EXTERMISHER II” appear in bold red on the screen(?). It’s not a screen really, it’s my vision, but the words are there and I realise for the first time I’m in an episode of Red Dwarf.

The first Extermisher was fine, but the second really jumped the shark – the laser fingers were attached to the first one as a major part of the plot, but the second one just happens to have them too with no explanation. Typical lazy writing from solo Doug. 

Warbodog
    Participant

Extermisher is future Kryten before he’s Inquisitor.

clem
    Participant

RunawayTrain
    Participant

A portmanteau of exterminate/extinguish, silly  :p

Flap Jack
    Participant

The Extermisher and Extermisher II are not Many Ampersand Symbols’ best episodes, but I did appreciate the feminist twist she brought to the old Medusa myth, and they did contain her signature gags, like Cat’s “Sorry I can’t help you right now, I need to go clean my asshole” catchphrase.

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

I am of course well aware that “Extermish” is not a word but that is what he was called so blame my subconscious

The Extermisher and Extermisher II are not Many Ampersand Symbols’ best episodes, but I did appreciate the feminist twist she brought to the old Medusa myth, and they did contain her signature gags, like Cat’s “Sorry I can’t help you right now, I need to go clean my asshole” catchphrase.

Honestly, it was probably fairly radical for the time, but a man with hundreds of wriggling penises for hair doesn’t feel like the most subtle or imaginative portrayal of male sexual dominance. Nor does the use of the sexual magnetism virus as a kind of deus ex machina in the second story. As for Cat’s “hey, I needed some hair gel” punchline, it’s not even original. 

Captain Bollocks
    Participant

I know I’ve had a few, although I don’t remember any specifics off-hand, but how about a tangential one? 

Last night, I dreamt I had been selected to appear on a special edition of Taskmaster, alongside Ian “Ian” Symes, of this very parish. At one point he had to climb up a ladder in pink flip flops, while I boarded a ferry to Ireland. 

Yes, I am delirious with flu right now, why do you ask? 

Dave
    Participant

Last night, I dreamt I had been selected to appear on a special edition of Taskmaster, alongside Ian “Ian” Symes

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Excellent.

Flap Jack
    Participant

I’ve seen folks suggest Craig Charles as a potential future Taskmaster contestant, and I would be elated if it happened. Out of the main cast I feel strongly he would be the best option, or it would be between him and Hattie.

If we lived in a more enlightened timeline, then UKTV would have got their shit together and done a Red Dwarf Night 2 to celebrate the 30th anniversary in 2018 – Smegmeister could have been the Universe Challenge equivalent! Sadly that opportunity has now passed.

Of course Ian Symes would be great on Taskmaster too, but there’d be 2 major issues. 1, the fee he’d demand would be way outside Avalon and Channel 4’s budget, and 2, he’d want the show to be only about him. He’s just not comfortable sharing the limelight. That’s why his name starts with “I” and has “me” near the end.

Dave
    Participant

He’s just not comfortable sharing the limelight. That’s why his name starts with “I” and has “me” near the end.

On the contrary, I think he’d be totally compliant – because his name is an anagram of “Is Yes Man”.

What about the time he murdered all those sailors? (“My Sea Sin”).

He did kill them, you know.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Ian needs to reveal if he has any middle names or if his other names are short for anything, so we can get to the bottom of this.

I assume it says Fabian Symesworth on his birth certificate, but I can only be 96% sure.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

My middle name is “Ian”.

In which case:

Asinine yams

or

Sin is a meany

Some Talons of Weng-Chiang vibes with that second one.

Dave
    Participant

Another slur against the poor dethroned Series V director, May Is Insane.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Much obliged!

And don’t jump to conclusions, Dave. Ian either has a distaste for spring, or he was just preordained to be furious about the Windrush scandal.

Dave
    Participant

Captain Bollocks
    Participant

Too smacked off my tits on honey and lemon cough syrup to know if this is even funny or not, but it’s you lot who have to scroll past it now, not me. So there. 

On a side note, I think “I did kill him, you know” may possibly at last be worthy of a Hall of Fame nomination.

Captain Bollocks
    Participant

Had a dream last night that I had begun using my bed to cultivate potatoes. When I began repurposing them into chips, I was proudly declared “the king of the potato people”.

I woke up shorty after, thinking “What a funny Red Dwarf reference!” (I’m still on painkillers and Benalyn, so who knows at this point). 

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Frank Smeghammer
    Participant

I had begun using my bed to cultivate potatoes.

Dave
    Participant

Warbodog
    Participant

A needlessly violent alternate version of the Out of Time ending is released where the two crews have seemingly agreed to face off in one-on-one showdowns aboard Starbug (maybe it’s the Rob Grant novel version). I’m spared blood and guts by not getting further than Kryten being bazookoided apart, getting distracted into analysing the unconvincing effect frame by frame as his head flies perfectly horizontally across the screen, but it still feels extreme and a bit disturbing.

I now realise it was basically the shot of Kryten exploding in White Hole, and that Demons and Angels is already an actual episode. My imagination is limited to the resources of a fan edit.

Warbodog
    Participant

A trailer for a new series, looking appropriately Dave era. Kryten tells Rimmer the sensors are on the alert level “Basically Hitler,” which some people in the comments take literally and think means we’re getting Hitler IV. Lister and Cat are in spacesuits handling a rock inside a nuclear glovebox, all so Cat can make an original complaint about the colour of the gloves. I don’t catch the series number.

Warbodog
    Participant

G&T is doing another rewatch and I start sending daily invoices to charge the site for making me watch Series VII.

Why not VIII?

Warbodog
    Participant

Why not VIII?

Because there aren’t currently forum posts about watching people watch VIII putting that in my mind when I’m doing my work timesheet before bed.

Viewing 35 posts - 301 through 335 (of 335 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.