Why was my topic removed?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Why was my topic removed?

This topic contains 40 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Katydid 2 days ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

I just posted a topic. Why was it removed? Why can I not post it again?

Dave

Don’t mention topics, they’re food.

bloodteller

what was the topic?

bloodteller

also i distinctly remember there being a bit in Red Dwarf where Rimmer goes “I bet you I’m the only person who bought a Topic bar and it didn’t have a single hazelnut in it’ but for the life of me i can’t remember what its from

Dave

Stasis Leak.

Jawscvmcdia

Red Dwarf as a television series has brought great joy to many people over the years, including its legions of fans from around the world. The show has not always been plain sailing however, and in fact has resulted in several difficult experiences for its cast and crew. Let’s summarise these below:

CRAIG CHARLES: Joined the show in 1987 as a novice actor with little experience. Was arguably thrust into the limelight and became very successful, but his inexperience and immaturity resulted in him pursuing questionable life choices. Became embroiled in a rape trial in 1994 that was to last almost a year, before being cleared in 1995. Throughout the 2000s had an extensive and costly drug addition that resulted in him almost losing his job.

CHRIS BARRIE: Was a successful voiceover artist and impressionist prior to joining the show. Had a bitter relationship with his fellow cast members before leaving in 1994 after suffering from a breakdown. He briefly rejoined the show’s cast in 1996 before returning full time in 1998. Has done little, if any, comedy work since.

DANNY JOHN-JULES: Not much to report, other than he once attacked two bin workers and threatened them with a 16-inch knife in 2008.

NORMAN LOVETT: Joined the show in 1987 but left in 1989 following a bitter dispute. He rejoined in 1998 but again vowed never to return in 2008 following another bitter dispute. After several years of deadlock he rejoined the show once again in 2016 for a brief cameo appearance.

ROBERT LLEWELLYN: Has played mechanoid Kryten since Series 3 in 1989. Extensive prosthetics work have arguably resulted in the premature aging of his skin. Robert also suggested that playing the character for so long had caused him to suffer with claustrophobia.

DOUG NAYLOR: Creator of and head writer of the show alongside his writing partner and childhood friend, Rob Grant. Went to America in 1991 with his writing partner to pursue an American version of Red Dwarf, but came back unsuccessful and arguably ruined. In 1994, the show arguably resulted in the breakdown of their decades long relationship. Doug was forced by the BBC to write two more series in the late-1990s (despite his heart not being in it) which many fans argue are the show’s worst ever. Fruitlessly wasted ten years pursuing a Red Dwarf movie that did not happen.

ROB GRANT: Was the creator of and head writer of the show alongside his writing partner and childhood friend, Doug Naylor. Went to America in 1991 with his writing partner to pursue an American version of Red Dwarf, but came back unsuccessful and arguably ruined. He left the show in 1995 following a bitter dispute with Doug that would see him never to return.

CHLOE ANNETT: Joined the show in 1996 following the departure of Chris Barrie. Many fans hated her character and used her as a scapegoat as the point when Red Dwarf started to decline in quality. Understandably, Chloe found it very difficult to deal with such a negative reaction towards her character. She has also admitted to finding it difficult to work in what she described as a very male dominated environment.

Many of the show’s cast have also complained of being “typecast”, and have found it difficult to rid themselves of this. This typecasting has arguably resulted in the main cast members encountering issues when finding work playing other characters.

I’m sure that there’s more but this is just a brief overview of the problems that Red Dwarf has caused.

Timewave Part Two

What is this bullshit

bloodteller

>Fruitlessly wasted ten years pursuing a Red Dwarf movie

Bit harsh to say he wasted a decade of his life, isn’t it? I mean sure the movie never happened, but it wasn’t as if that was all he was doing from 1999-2008. He probably, you know, went on holiday and stuff. And had a lovely time with his family, and went down to TESCO’s to do the shopping a couple of hundred times. He wasn’t just sat at his desk trying to get the movie done 24/7, presumably

Dave

Oh, so it’s basically a sort of muckraking/character assassination thread topic? I can see why it was removed.

Timewave Part Two

HATTIE HAYRIDGE: Forever typecast as a floating-head

BOB THE SKUTTER: Upstart career ruined by ‘Pete Parts I & II’, now addicted to anti-depressants and a raging alcoholic

DAVID ROSS: Forever typecast as a toaster

JAWSCVMCDIA: Condemned to make shit threads on Ganymede & Titan for all eternity, usually revolving around subjects such as ‘Which cast member has the biggest cock’

bloodteller

>DANNY JOHN-JULES: Not much to report, other than he once attacked two bin workers and threatened them with a 16-inch knife in 2008

That’s totally unrelated to Red Dwarf, though. Although it does remind me of how funny the comments on this thread were-
    https://www.ganymede.tv/2008/02/er-right/

Lily

Are those your opinions Jawscvmcdia, or have you just plagiarised them from somewhere else? I don’t see “discuss” anywhere, so I’m presuming the latter.

Timewave Part Two

This has always been my favorite comment I’ve ever seen on Ganymede & Titan

“Craig Charles: crack addiction.
    Robert Llewellyn: fat slur.
    Danny John Jules: binmen knife attack (allegedly).
    Chris Barrie: racist.

Whatever next?”

https://www.ganymede.tv/2008/02/my-media-chris-barrie/

Timewave Part Two

I just like how it has allegedly next to Danny’s and just flat racist next to Chris’s lol

Pete Part Three

the fuck is this.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Your topic got caught in the spam filter for some reason – nothing was deleted or removed, we wouldn’t do that without saying something.

Perhaps the spam filter has become sentient and has spilled over into quality control. If so, it’s got a lot of work still to do.

quinn_drummer

The spam filter only has an IQ of 6, leave it alone.

Pete Part Three

Well, that’s 5 more than Jawscvmcdia.

Jo TORDFC

Jawscvmcdia – At what point did you decide that we absolutely *had* to read this word salad?

bloodteller

i had a salad for lunch today (with some rice! not in the salad but as a separate thing) and i must confess it was more enjoyable than Jawscvmcdia’s word salad

Dave

What would Red Dwarf look like if it was a salad? Discuss.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Just a fuckload of tomatoes.

Ben Paddon

nice-neighborhood.mp4

Jawscvmcdia

>Jawscvmcdia – At what point did you decide that we absolutely *had* to read this word salad?

The moment I pressed submit.

flanl3

HATTIE HAYRIDGE: Arrested for allegedly setting fire to DJXXI, eating Doug Naylor, wearing a black turtleneck, and spray-painting “i fucked your mum” on Norman Lovett’s window.

tombow

” Chloe…admitted to finding it difficult to work in what she described as a very male dominated environment”

what did she expect, she didn’t even learn what offside was properly.

Hamish

Oh dear.

Warbodog

This thread’s a bit like Timewave in its meta-commentary. And in another respect.

Dollar Pound

edgy

Katydid

Personally I feel we can still save this shambles by developing a new injoke and then running it into the ground for 200 posts.

bloodteller

CHARLES AUGINS- Arrested for dressing like an alien twat during season 4 of Blakes 7, as well as choreographing the universally-despised Blue Midget dance. Let out on good behaviour for having a soothing voice though

Dollar Pound

CRAIG FERGUSON – gave up drink, smegged off to america and became the sexiest person anyone has ever seen in their lives in the whole world ever

Plastic Percy

MAC MCDONALD: Became so fat his shadow killed a dog.

Pete Part Three

PIERS MORGAN : Never appeared in Red Dwarf. Is a cunt.

Ridley

bloodteller

ADOLF HITLER- Killed himself.

Flap Jack

TONY HAWKS: Failed to denounce Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5, the first and only game in the series which made the player feel like they had the skateboarding skills of Tony Hawks.

Katydid

CHARLES ARMITAGE – Responsible for the existence of Series 8. Tried to get Doug to replace Rimmer’s H in Back to Earth with a D for “dead” to avoid confusing new viewers. Spent the Series 10 audience money on a bet that Doug couldn’t throw out half the scripts and write new ones over a weekend, but embezzled the money and had to pay out the bet with the OB budget.

Katydid

CHRIS BARRIE – His stereotypical portrayal of a dead man as a neurotic gimp was directly responsible for the 1992 mob lynching of six dead men in broad daylight.

Katydid

ANDREW ELLARD – Laughed really really hard at Series 8 and was immediately hired to judge whether or not future scripts were working. Signed off on Taiwan Tony. Once argued with me on TOS about the exact technical nature of certain terrible-in-execution-and-concept effects in The End Remastered when I was 12 or 13.

Katydid

CRAIG CHARLES – Almost immolated and drowned Robery Llewelyn for a light. Wasted the legal system tens of thousands by being falsely accused of rape, something he should have known was a poor career choice. Never responded to any of my marriage proposal tweets. Git.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.