Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum WIKI???…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    cliff
    Participant

Bring Wiki back!…..we miss Wiki!…

Paul Muller
    Participant

cliff
    Participant

God No…..i didn’t mean that!!..

John Hoare
    Participant

The Wiki is a bit of a shame, actually. It started off really well, but we ran out of time to contribute and – most importantly – police it. Then we started getting spam problems, and took it offline to sort it out… and it never returned.

We’ve just decided to give up on it entirely, and spend our resources elsewhere. It’s a huge shame, and I’m sorry that the work some people here contributed to it has gone to waste. But getting rid of it is really the best thing to do.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

:-(

Phil
    Participant

JohnnyW is not going to like this.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

:(

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

You folks know it’s been down for months and months – if not a year or more – right?

I mean, the fact that people are only commenting now that it’s disappeared from the navbar is quite an indictment of how much people cared… ;-)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Has “Forum” moved on the navbar, or am I imagining things?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

We’ve had a little re-shuffling of the Site to accommodate for the Article Archive and for Productions to be placed into the Download Section, purely because that’s what they are… The Wiki link has been removed as it’s redundant.

So. Yeah.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats a shame fellas but it could be worse.

Imagine having an entry here:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just in case you’re WTFing about my last, Conservapedia is an American Neo-Christian take on Wikipedia.

If you’re a reasonable sort like me and want to be truly horrified about what some ‘educated’ people think, then take a look.

Very scary. And the dude who started it is (and still is) a teacher.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

What ignorant tripe that is. Shame that such idiots exist in the world.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> If you?re a reasonable sort like me and want to be truly horrified about what some ?educated? people think, then take a look.

And to think some of these people have been to University.

Dave
    Participant

>Conservapedia is an American Neo-Christian take on Wikipedia.

Wow.

Compare and contrast all the speculation on Obama’s unamerican nature with the complete and concrete ignorance of Bush’s 2000 electoral scandals.

Phil is going to bloody love this site.

Jo
    Participant

>>Has ?Forum? moved on the navbar, or am I imagining things?

>We?ve had a little re-shuffling of the Site to accommodate for the Article Archive >and for Productions to be placed into the Download Section, purely because that?s >what they are? The Wiki link has been removed as it?s redundant.

>So. Yeah.

Ah! not just me then! I personally think it’s a trick to get more people looking at the articles – which I keep nearly clicking on when I want the forum.

I DO NOT LIKE CHANGE!!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

We don’t even give change.

Dave
    Participant

>We don?t even give change.

We have a winner

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Phil is going to bloody love this site.” – Dave

Oh just you wait to you get into the really good stuff. Try homosexuality or atheism as a search for example. Utterly incredible. I don?t think I?d do too well in their version of the world.

An American friend of mine pointed Conservapedia out to me some time ago. He apologised for it and the American pilot.

Blisschick
    Participant

I like how it’s claiming that it’s the “Trustworthy Encyclopedia”. [insert sarcasm here] If it’s printed on the Internet, then it must be true, yes?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I had been working on a Dwarf version of the Doctor Who Reference Guide some years ago, but gave up on it because of the launch of the wiki.

I may well revisit the idea.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

You launch it, we’ll plug the fuck out of it.

Er, so to speak.

TheLeen
    Participant

> I mean, the fact that people are only commenting now that it?s disappeared from the navbar is quite an indictment of how much people cared? ;-)

LIES.

I have complained about it right when I joined G&T which was something like 14 months ago which was something like 13.9 months BEFORE the wiki “link” disappeared from the menu.

… !

TheLeen
    Participant

And also, every time I want to go to the forum now, I click “articles”. Argh.

Jo
    Participant

>And also, every time I want to go to the forum now, I click ?articles?. Argh.

See! It’s not just me!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I do it, too! Muscle memory is a bitch.

TheLeen
    Participant

The website is now haptically challenging.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

We did it to keep you guys on your toes.

ChrisM
    Participant

A German lady just wrote a word in my first language that I’ve never come across before.

Adv. 1. haptically – by touch; “he perceives shapes tactually”

Saucy minx!
    ;)

My Browser error checker is still complaining with the words ‘haptically’ and ‘tactually’ though, and that was a copy and paste job from here:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/haptically

(Actually I haven’t heard of tactually either although I know the word ‘tactile’, and it means the same thing.)

pfm
    Participant

> Muscle memory is a bitch.

It’s also a godsend, especially during pissed-up sex.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

pissed-up sex

I think John can provide you with some videos of that.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Seb Patrick can type at almost six letters per minute…
    You launch it, we?ll plug the fuck out of it.

Er, so to speak.

Promises, promises.

You’re always so nice to me. Sometimes I feel guilty about naming a character in one of the sitcoms I’m developing after you.

Phil
    Participant

Ben named something after me, too, but the doctors had to cut it off.

pfm
    Participant

The main character in my in-development novel (‘in-development’ as in ‘some ideas have been written down on a Pukka Pad’) is called ‘Jonathan’. Not ‘Capps’ though. Why would I name a character after a Merlin and Demons producer? That would clearly be mental. Demons is shit.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Sometimes I feel guilty about naming a character in one of the sitcoms I?m developing after you.

It’s alright, one of the lead characters in my sitcom is John Hoare.

That’s not just his name.

He is, actually, John Hoare.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Didn’t Graham Linehan already beat you to that?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.