Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Final, definitive proof that Americans are rubbish…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    pfm
    Participant

They pronounce the word ‘houses’ as ‘house-es’.

Oh, and they opened some Taco Bells over here but they were crap so they closed.

Alex
    Participant
    ChrisM
    Participant

Hmm. I didn’t find that all that bad… although not nearly as good as the British original. Obviously. I’m glad it didn’t get made though.

Liked the cloaking tram/trolley bus. Heh.

pfm
    Participant

I like the girl in it. Though, come on, she’s got red hair, you know that’s all that matters to me. :) That and no tongue-piercings…

Ofc it is still rubbish.

redhead85
    Participant

Well you’ve finally encouraged me to watch it (I’ve been avoiding it for ages) and it was a lot less painful than I thought it was going to be. I did find the gun bit in the cream puff store quite a giggle. ‘That’s the safety!’ But where’s the kooky music and edits?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Liked the cloaking tram/trolley bus.

Really? Really?

Are you able to tell me what the point was, beyond “LOOK AT US, WE’RE A WACKY SHOW!” then? ‘Cos I can’t figure it out.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I actually think that version of Brian could have worked. I mean yeah, the different dialogue was absolutely fetid, but that interpretation of the character, I think, is something that has some meat on it.

Overall though, it feels like “Malcolm in the Middle” by way of “Scrubs”, and it’s terrible. The replacement Mike is scarcely a Mike at all. Like Tim’s new name, though.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Eeeee…… although I did like the ‘safety’ bit.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Short review: Shit.
    Long review : It was really shit.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Liked the cloaking tram/trolley bus.

Really? Really?

Are you able to tell me what the point was, beyond ?LOOK AT US, WE?RE A WACKY SHOW!? then? ?Cos I can?t figure it out.

No, I think that was the point. Don’t get me wrong, it was out of place, and I’m glad our Spaced didn’t have such a thing.

I just found the thing taken by itself amusing is all.

hummingbird
    Participant

That clip is now bookmarked for the next time I have insomnia.

Carlito
    Participant

The female lead was quite likable in a way. If she were a new character in an original show, people would probably be a lot kinder to her.

The Tim guy looks like the bastard love child of Conan O’Brien and Ryan Stiles.

Hmmm, that “bastard love child” has become quite the cliche now hasn’t it?

The Mike guy looks (without checking) like Will Sasso, who does a great Tony Soprano impression on Mad TV. I only think it’s him because at a glance I just thought it was actually James Gandolfino and wondered what the fuck he was doing in a shitfest Spaced pilot.

Blisschick
    Participant

We can’t be all that bad…at least we realized before it actually aired that it was crap and spared a lot of people the torture of watching it.

Antipodean
    Participant

That was… mediocre. It was Spaced with almost all the funny removed. Not actually terrible — i.e. not awfully eye-clawingly bad — but just… meh.

karcreat
    Participant

Wow.

THATS your definitive proof that we Yanks are ‘rubbish’…and NOT the way we have butchered so many of your outstanding shows in pathetic attempts to ‘remake’ them?…;)

-K

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

My proof was the stupidity of Dempsey when compared to Makepeace!

pfm
    Participant

More proof – The Wizard of Oz, all new cuts of it have the wire used to move the Lion’s tail around digitally removed.

Futher proof – Washington DC and Washington state are opposite sides of the bloody country.

Extended proof – 9/11, how gay was that?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> My proof was the stupidity of Dempsey when compared to Makepeace!

Dempsey was sleeping with Makepeace so I’m not sure that counts.

Also a pound of fish to whoever can tell me in which Red Dwarf episode ‘Makepeace’ makes an appearance.

Carlito
    Participant

Polymorph ain’t it?

Carlito
    Participant

Okay, Stasis Leak, and God bless IMDB. Dunno who I was thinking of.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

….dashes off to IMDB….

[engage.lie.mode]Oh yeah. I knew that…..[/engage.lie.mode]

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Statis Leak is correct.

p.s Are Carl and Ori related?

Carlito
    Participant

I just got Glynis Barber confused with Frances Barber. Didn’t know (or at least remember) Glenda Mitchell had been in Red Dwarf!

Dave
    Participant

>Are Carl and Ori related?

Are Glynis Barber and Frances Barber related?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.