Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf Animated – First Footage BRAND NEW

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Carlito
    Participant

New thread! Well, what we have here is a kind of extended test/ mini-pilot… just for promotional/feedback purposes. No major plot, pretty short at 6 mins… just a chance for us to test the animation methods, voice performances etc.

So here it is: Red Dwarf Animated’s extended test animation / pilot, Timehole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKl0CFzXj68&feature=sub

All feedback, suggestions, critique be it good (we want to know what we did right) or bad (we want to know where we can improve and where we totally fucked it lol)

Please note, as per GNP’s request, we do not use the official logo or theme tune, if you were wondering why. A brand new Red Dwarf Animated website is due to launch within a week. If you enjoy and wish to follow the progress, keep your eye on this thread… I’ll be posting the new address as soon as it goes live!

Cheers dudes!

Carlito
    Participant

I should quickly add…

PLEASE NOTE! Red Dwarf Animated is an entirely non-commercial fan project/homage and is not endorsed by nor affiliated with Grant Naylor Productions

Kris Carter
    Participant

Okay, here’s my critique of the whole shebang. This is your judgement day bud. I gotta be cruel… there can’t be no favours. You guys have all obviously put a LOT of effort and time into this, so I feel you deserve a full and honest review. Figure I’ll go with the negative stuff first, so I can end with the positives…

So, the bad:

? Sound quality – highly variable. Some bits sounded good – the music quality was good, as was the recording for Lister – but Kryten and Cat’s (and to a lesser extent Rimmer) was very, very poor indeed. Definitely something to improve upon in later efforts.

? Animation – ah, now this is going to be a bit of thorny one, and I don’t mean to offend (I did my degree in 2D animation, so believe me, I know how much work goes into it), but there’s not a great deal of actual animation in it. Is it done in ToonBoom? There’s a lot of just… floaty movements of limbs, if you get me. As I say, I know it can be a HUGE undertaking, but get some key frames and some inbetweens in there, would just give the visuals more life. Or at least tone down the floatiness… not every motion needs to be eased in or out. But I’ve more to say about the animation in the ‘good’ bit, so hang in there…

? Pacing – at just under 7 minutes, the length is good – but even at that, there are bits of this that seemed to drag, and I don’t think I’d sit through 28 minutes of this, and certainly not feature length. It doesn’t need MTV style, Michael Bay cutting – but it could do with being a bit quicker of the mark. This applies to some of the line delivery too – Lister and Holly, although nicely in character, do rather sound like they’re Paul Robeson on dope….

? Visual style – The CG backdrops are quite basic, and dull. They detract from the hand-drawn characters. Also, the colours of the backdrops don’t help matters. I’m not saying they need to be so bright and vibrant that the characters don’t ‘pop’ out, but there is room there to play with that aspect. Can you render the CG in a way that makes it look drawn? Sort of like the effect on the Iron Giant in that film, for example? If the backdrops also looked traditionally hand-drawn, it would help the look gel more.

On a related note, some of the colour choices for the characters don’t help – Rimmer’s suit is a horribly garish green, and Kryten’s grey is too close to Listers, and doesn’t help when combined with the backgrounds.

Basically, if you’re going to animate, USE the medium, I think is what I’m saying… make the characters move, make it pop, make it colourful… As it stands, it’s more motion comic than cartoon, if you get my drift.

? Writing – Okay, so this is just a test and a teaser, and basically a souped up jab at Red Dwarf USA, so story’s not going to be paramount and that’s fine. However some of the gags do fall a bit flat, and some of Rimmer’s and Cat’s lines just feel really… out of character I guess. There’s also elements that just feel lazy – swirly thing alert and so on, just lifted wholesale from the show. I hope the full on series is better, and sharper than that. But again, there’s more in the ‘good’ bit here, so read on…

Okay the good stuff:

? Writing – There’s some great bits here. Although the pacing is a bit glacial, the hot dog bit works well (although as I say, could be pacier), and the Holly ‘beauty spot’ gag is actually pretty inspired for a pun. The characters feel right for the most part, although Cat and Rimmer tend to be more caricatured versions of the real thing. Holly is Series VIII bang on, and the writing for Lister is strong.

? Visual style – Fun likenesses of the cast all around (perhaps Cat and Kryten could be better, especially Cat’s hair, but still you can recognise ’em), and the hand-drawn stuff has it’s own unique look. And YAY! You guys have abandoned the ‘pencil’ behind the logo, which can only be a good thing, because quite frankly… it looked like a diagonal line behind the title. Which was a bit naff.

? Animation – the lip sync was very well done indeed (which I believe is one of the better features from ToonBoom, I think?). More like that please!

? Acting – pretty good all round for the most part, Kryten’s voice probably sounding the least like the real thing. Rimmer slips into David Mitchell style once or twice, but Holly and Lister are very well done – as I say, a bit lethargic, but still captured the characters well.

? Music – Shame you can’t use the actual music, but what you have used suits it pretty well. Could be a bit faster, a bit more rock, but it’s a good substitute.

? Sound quality – Recording on Lister and Holly was good quality. More like that please… again!

? Opening and closing titles – you avoided the trap so many web videos fall into, namely spending forever loitering on the opening and closing titles. They could still have been quicker, but they don’t overstay their welcome like so many others.

So overall… well, I liked it. It was pretty good. It wasn’t spectacular, but it wasn’t dreck either. I still think that if you’re going to go for the full series thing, the writing has to be stronger, the sound production in particular HAS to be improved, and the pace needs to be upped… I mean, I think 10 minutes max is good enough length for a solid web series… but that’s by the by. Still a solid effort, and you guys and gals deserve kudos for getting so far with it – as I say, I know animation takes a lot of time.

Hope that’s helpful – I’m looking forward to seeing where you take this next.

Carlito
    Participant

Wow. Cheers Kris, you really spent some time on that review, its much appreciated. Some of the issues you point out we’re already fully aware of, and to reiterate this is still pretty much an extended test. Some of that is on our ‘to do’ list, but some isn’t and will be taken on board. Appreciate the compliments too. :)

TheLeen
    Participant

I enjoyed it.

A bit tighter editing would improve it. Like, on proper telly, not everytime a chracter speaks you actually see their face on screen for the whole duration. These things overlap which makes viewing the cuts a little more interesting. I also would have liked more half totals. The effect with the spinning room in the end was good.

Didn’t mind the cg backgrounds. The writing was good, certainly better than anything I could have managed. I’m *very* impressed by the voices (sound quality spoiled it a little though).

So, yeah, if there’s only one thing I would change, it would be the editing / more interesting storyboarding.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Well. Perhaps one day you might be interested in turning my script, “Parents” (the missing one between Parallel Universe and Backwards) into one of these. It’s probably the closest thing I’ll get. But not yet, I’d like to see your work blossom and grow first!

Trena
    Participant

Gwyn, I wouldn’t mind reading the script.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Well, I may well post it somewhere sometime. I wrote it when I was 16 so it could probably be better :)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Kryten looked angry at the beginning when discussing hotdogs to bun ratio’s…and never seemed to calm down. By the end he was scaring me!! :)

Phil
    Participant

>Kryten looked angry at the beginning when discussing hotdogs to bun ratio?s?and never seemed to calm down. By the end he was scaring me!! :)

It’s a subtle character arc. He gets angrier and angrier until, in episode six, he shoves a humanoid female into moving traffic.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> my script, ?Parents? (

This wasn’t the slash one was it?

Trena
    Participant

Oh lord…

Carlito
    Participant

Some real good points raised so far, lots for us to look at and work on, cheers dudes and dudettes.

Dessie
    Participant

I liked it. The Hot dog part could be tightened up a bit and some of Rimmer’s lines seem a little bit out of character. I really like the voices and the music. The part in the opening credits where Rimmer does the Star Trek salute is great.

Gwynnie
    Participant

Karl, I haven’t written slash!! Although I loved that someone at DJ asked Chris Barrie about it… and I still haven’t remembered to look for it! Hmm. Maybe for my next piece of writing…

Phil
    Participant

Did get the chance to watch this last night. I don’t remember enough in terms of specifics to be as helpful as Kris was (and I probably wouldn’t have been anyway) but I figured I’d write up my uncollected thoughts on it.

Frankly, it’s better than I expected it to be. And that applies to writing as well as the production. And the voice acting, now that I think about it. Not only was all of that better than I could ever have hoped to produce myself, it was better than most folks who would embark on a project like this could have hoped to produce themselves.

Overall there weren’t many laugh out loud moments for me. In fact, I may have only laughed once, toward the end. (Don’t want to spoil it for anyone else.) That said, I don’t necessarily NEED to laugh to find something funny, as I thought the stuff with Holly’s corrupted image was quite good, but it’s probably worth pointing out anyway.

Lister and Holly sounded great; well done to those actors. However, Lister does seem a bit doped up in terms of the performance. Way too slow and spacey, as though he really has been hitting the marijuana gin again. Actually, he reminded me of how I end up speaking when I’ve spent all morning doping myself with extra-strength cough medicine. I’d imagine the actor will settle into a more comfortable groove with time, but the sooner the better…especially since I otherwise like his performance as Lister.

Kryten was good, but every time he spoke I could hear a high-pitched whine. No, not the one from series VII. Some kind of mechanical whine that I guess was produced by the actor’s microphone. I didn’t notice it anywhere else. There was definitely some more-noticeable static behind Cat.

I agree with everything the others have said so far about tightening up the pace, cutting the scenes differently (Marleen is correct about not always having the camera centered on the person speaking for the entire duration of their speech) and otherwise ironing out the wrinkles, but it’s a brief pilot, and that’s probably what you were doing anyway…letting all the problems surface so that you’d figure out what you needed to work on.

I wish you luck with it. It could have been a train wreck. At worse, it’s a stubbed toe. I’d watch another one.

Ridley
    Participant

What was wrong with this version of the scene? It was the right pace and everything.

For all my dislike of fan fiction, thought it was good quality. I like the laurels particularly. Probably would have appreciated it more if I hadn’t read the script on here already but that’s my fault.

Pretty much agree with what was said already: make it tighter (like before); fewer static characters; non-luminous Rimmer – I request dark orange ;) – and lines a little more in character (for exmaple something about preserving himself or encouraging Lister to bring it aboard to see how he died); avoid just lifting parts straight from the series (and others *cough*Duff*cough*).

Already said it before, but it might better to lose the opening sequence and replace it with a sting like the mobisodes/series I-II so you, namely me, can’t dwell on it not being the theme tune with a big flashy fan fiction sign.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Some suggestions.

Drop the opening titles. Just drop ’em. Go for something like the Red Dwarf DVD documentaries instead. I spun on, but if I weren’t interested in giving critique I would have just closed the window. Remember, if the first 30 seconds of a web video doesn’t grab the viewer they’ll find something else that does.

If you’re not going to drop the opening titles (because, let’s face it, since when has anyone on the Red Dwarf Animated project ever listened to my advice?) At least change the theme. The replacement theme sounds horrible. I’d rather have silence, to be honest with you. My feeling is if you can’t do what you wanted to do with it, do something else entirely – a shorter, simpler title sequence would do the trick nicely.

Get the audio quality and volume levels sorted out. As Kris rightly mentioned, the audio is all over the place. Cat is virtually inaudible. Kryten sounds like he’s saying his lines into vibrating toothbrush.

Find someone else to voice Lister. The voice you’re using now is the farthest away from Lister you’ve used yet. It’s more a caricature of the accent than an impression of Craig Charles.

The writing is good, although it feels like padding sometimes (a baaad thing for a six minute video), the animation feels like a wiggle-free Dr. Katz and I kind of like it. I have a lot more faith in this project than I did a few weeks ago, but it still feels a little off.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yeah, I’ll echo some of the comments above:

* Sound is ropey. Presumably your performers haven’t sat in the same room for recording? Certainly doesn’t sound like it. If you’re serious about this, this is the first thing to rectify.

* Voices are ok. I don’t mind The Cat, or Rimmer to an extent. Kryten starts off ok, but sounds crap when the action moves to the cockpit, and not just due the audio issues. The Holly impression is great. Lister sounds stoned and too “hollow”. Even a squeaky scouse piss-take would be preferable.

* Character designs are mostly fine. Rimmer’s costume. Too green! The Cat’s hair should not be brown, either.

* TOO slow. There’s too much standing around, chatting. This is fine when the jokes are to the standard of Rob and Doug, but this isn’t the script for Marooned. Keep things moving faster.

* HATE the ending with the RDUSA reveal. I know this is just a test, but if this the kind of stories you’ll be doing, I won’t be a regular viewer. It’s a cheap joke and makes no sense within the reality of the show. A shame, as it wasn’t too bad before that.

* Credits, both opening and ending, are too long. If you expect people to watch these bits, you’re sadly mistaken. I don’t mind the theme that much, but don’t need to hear it for over 90 seconds of a 7 minute show.

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

That was brilliant overall. I’ll do what others have said and start with the negative and end with the positive:

1. Firstly, the recording quality as has been said was a bit ropey in places. No matter how good the lines are, that will always distract from the scene, because in your mind you know that these people aren’t even in the same room together.

2. The Lister lines and perhaps maybe the Kryten ones drag on for too long. Listers especially though. Kryten and Cat seem to get all the gags. In real life Craig Charles would hate that, ha. Where’s me gags eh kid ?

3. Rimmers costume is a little too green. I’d bring it down a few levels.

Now the good:

1. Some really good lines in there. Most fan productions tend to steal Rob and Dougs lines and slot them in badly. You’ve used the Rob and Doug style, but put your own slant on it, and while very occasionally it falls flat, overall i think it worked quite well.

2. Voice acting from Rimmer, Cat and especially Holly was spot on. Holly was the best. Alwight dudes….

3. The animation was good. Yes it wasn’t Futurama quality, but it worked for me. A little more movement in future episodes would be better, but overall good.

4. I actually liked the gag at the end, i laughed. But perhaps leave the fourth wall stuff after this pilot. As we’ve seem from ‘Back to Earth’ it tends to split the audience in two. If you want to make a full series, leave it out :)

5. I preferred it to the ‘Mobisodes’ !

Dave
    Participant

I don’t disagree with any of the above.

Carlito
    Participant

Just to respond to some of the comments above.

> Sound is ropey. Presumably your performers haven?t sat in the same room for recording? Certainly doesn?t sound like it. If you?re serious about this, this is the first thing to rectify.
    >> Cat is virtually inaudible. Kryten sounds like he?s saying his lines into vibrating toothbrush.

It’s not possible for all the voices to record in the same room, as we are so scattered across the UK and the US. To those saying the Cat and Kryten voices are poor quality, they are both voiced by the same guy and therefore any issues with those recordings were always going to be shared between the two characters. We acknowledge the sound issues and as it should be one of the easiest things to rectify, these should not persist across future videos.

> Find someone else to voice Lister. The voice you?re using now is the farthest away from Lister you?ve used yet. It?s more a caricature of the accent than an impression of Craig Charles.

Well, we’ve had the same Lister actor since day one. In fact the opening scene is the exact same audio recording (I believe) as the very first footage ever posted online. Also with regards to the ‘caricature of the accent’, the actor Pete is from the same area as Craig Charles, so the accent is real.

To defend Pete here, I said from scratch the Lister voice was a little droll in this, and I’ve heard some recordings of newer scripts where he has made a massive improvement in the time since.

The way I see it is, we dont want RDA to simply turn into a bad impressions reel; we’re not tryin to do impressions of the cast as much as encapsulate the characters. We need to somewhat put aside our concerns about not sounding like Craig Charles or Robert Llewellyn, because it isn’t them…. just like it wasn’t Bill Murray and co. in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, as an example. Those voices are the voices of the animated versions of the characters, and people will get used to that as long as we do a good job of putting the right words in their mouths and getting the characters right.

> If you?re not going to drop the opening titles (because, let?s face it, since when has anyone on the Red Dwarf Animated project ever listened to my advice?) At least change the theme

The comment in parentheses is a bit harsh. Don’t paint us all with the same brush because you’ve had issues with Karcreat in the past. We listen and take on board comments from anybody and everybody who takes time out of their day to provide feedback. It’s much appreciated. As for the theme, I respect your opinion, but I was pleasantly surprised to find mainly positive comments re: the new tune. It’s always going to be hard to replace an existing and iconic theme with a brand new original home-made recording, and I fully anticipated a backlash – as it were, it has received an overwhelmingly good response. As for dropping the opening titles, it’s not my call at all but I’m sure Pete will take the idea under consideration. You make a good point about hooking ’em early.

> Rimmer?s costume. Too green!

Lol. I think I agree with that. Thinking maybe a more traditional Rimmer colour for the next one?

> HATE the ending with the RDUSA reveal. I know this is just a test, but if this the kind of stories you?ll be doing, I won?t be a regular viewer. It?s a cheap joke and makes no sense within the reality of the show. A shame, as it wasn?t too bad before that.
    >> But perhaps leave the fourth wall stuff after this pilot.

Yes that is absolutely the intention. The fourth wall/meta joke at the end was simply a one-off for this extended test. The M.O. of RDA is to produce scripts and then episodes which fit into established post-BTE Red Dwarf continuity, generally employing the same style and canon as the show. It’s a shame you hated the ending but you haven’t got ‘more of the same’ to look forward to.

Cheers to you all for the feedback. :)

TheLeen
    Participant

I like the title sequence. I’d shorten it, maybe, but not drop it.

ChrisM
    Participant

>It?s not possible for all the voices to record in the same room, as we are so scattered across the UK and the US.

That’s understandable. Maybe the next best thing would be a conference call type recording if possible. There might still be problems with sound quality due to different people having variant quality phones/microphones* but it might bring out the best in the voice actors and they’re literally responding to each other as if they were in the room together, albeit the room is virtual.

I accept that might not be possible due to time-zones, or it could prove expensive** etc. Just an idea to consider like.

*I.e. if the conference call were software based like Skype for example.

**I know skype-to-type conversations are free but I don’t know about conference calling.

Carlito
    Participant

Yeah conference calling is free on Skype, it’s just the issue you mentioned of varying mic qualities. It’s something we need to look into, for definite.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Well, we?ve had the same Lister actor since day one. In fact the opening scene is the exact same audio recording (I believe) as the very first footage ever posted online.

I could be wrong/misremembering, but it doesn’t sound like it to me… I thought it was better in that first bit of test footage.

>Also with regards to the ?caricature of the accent?, the actor Pete is from the same area as Craig Charles, so the accent is real.

Scouse accents come from across a wide area and vary a lot, though. I have to say I agree with those that say, aside from being Scouse, it simply doesn’t sound like Lister. At all. It’s the delivery – but possibly also to an extent the writing, the dialogue he’s been given. I just don’t feel you’ve captured his speech patterns at all. I’m afraid I don’t think much to the Kryten voice, either – I know you say you’re not going for out-and-out impersonations, but the characters are so distinctive-sounding that you sort of need to.

Especially given that it’s done so well with the others – I think the Cat and Rimmer voices are particularly excellent. At times Rimmer slips, but it doesn’t really matter – the feel and tone is very Rimmerish. Likewise, Holly struggles a bit at times in terms of the pace of the lines (Norm may be droll, but he doesn’t speak slowly), but you’ve got the nasal intonation spot on.

Writing-wise I can only agree with the pacing issues, and a few bits of it were flat (and I still think you’ve got your hot dog/bun ratios wrong!), but importantly – there were good lines in there. It’s slightly lame but I did like the “it’s only half one”, and there’s another one that I can’t actually specifically remember from later on, I think it was a Holly line.

I’m not really qualified from an animation point of view to pass serious comment in the way Kris did, but I have to say I wasn’t hugely keen on that either. I think it’s just the style used, more than anything (rather than that style necessarily being badly executed) – it reminds me of a few things, but none of them I’m a particular fan of.

Oh, and I actually quite liked the theme music, but yeah, the titles could do with being chopped down for the episodes proper. It was alright for this if you treat the whole thing as a “teaser” for the series/movie, because you’re showing people what they’ll see if they keep watching – but in future I do think you should trim it. Also, did I spot Leonardo Leonardo in the opening titles?

lego7770
    Participant

Frankly, it?s better than I expected it to be. And that applies to writing as well as the production. And the voice acting, now that I think about it. Not only was all of that better than I could ever have hoped to produce myself, it was better than most folks who would embark on a project like this could have hoped to produce themselves.

This meant the world to me this statement. I am a self employed plasterer by trade and RDA is a hobby/interest, its been taking up a lot of my time, and the time of everyone on the team, and kind words like this make it all worthwhile. Thank you

Kris Carter. What can I say. A brilliant and fair review of our first effort, everything you have said will be taken onboard. Thank you for taking the time and effort to point us in the right direction. I am self taught in animation, and learning toon boom has been a 3 year uphill slog. Your input will always be valued

Kryten looked angry at the beginning when discussing hotdogs to bun ratio?s?and never seemed to calm down. By the end he was scaring me!! :)

To be honest, I hadn?t noticed this until you pointed it out. Now you have I can?t shake it. I didn?t give Kryten the range of expression that I gave to the rest of the cast, on account of him being a mecanoid, a mistake on my part I think.

Find someone else to voice Lister

Please if anyone wants to do this its cool with me, you can email me with mp3?s ,and I?ll give them all a listen. I feel very uncomfortable reading as Lister, and it takes me several beers to get into it, I didn?t think it showed.

Get the audio quality and volume levels sorted out

I agree, youtube has magnified some of our sound problems, it didn?t sound as bad with our recordings as it is on youtube, I cant explain why it did this. I used a hum and hiss removal effect on Qbase to sort this, and used a compressor to bring everyone?s lines up to level, then used a room reverb to try and make it sound as if everyone was in the same room. We need to look into the sound issues, and I am making this a priority

Rimmer?s costume. Too green!

Expect a Rimmer fashion show to come to this thread soon.. its up for the vote guys

If you?re not going to drop the opening titles, At least change the theme

Id be reluctant to change the theme, purely on a personal note. My son (17) put a great deal of effort into writing and recording the theme for me, and at a days notice. But I don?t mind shortening them.

Seb Patrick

Always fair and balanced what else can I say.

We have had a great deal of good feedback from youtube, but that doesn?t matter to us. We are trying to make something that ?real fans? will enjoy, and the fact that you guys have taken the time to provide feedback means a lot.. to everyone who has responded on this thread a BIG Thank you, all your opinions have been taken on board, and I hope we can meet your expectations next time

Cheers

Pete

Kris Carter
    Participant

Hey lego, glad you found the review helpful!

Personally, I don’t think you need to change the theme itself, just maybe use a shorter edit, say 10-15 seconds so it’s more of a hook, or sting – and edit-down/speed up the best clips in the title sequence, while removing some of the others (personally, I’d keep the ‘Lister jumping with guns’ bits, but remove ‘Kryten’s head exploding’, for example) to get it to fit. Nice’n’short’n’snappy!

spideydude
    Participant

hey long time lurker here, I basicly registered just to give some feedback on this (I also added you on deviant art but thought I would post this here instead)

love the idea and for a 1st test pilot its really good but imo you guys need to change quite a bit and shouldnt cling onto what you have done but go with suggestions to make it great

the animation is a bit lacking and i think the problem with this is the designs – they are simply too complicated they look more like comic book drawings than cartoon drawings and I think more simplistic designs would help with this(simpsons, clerks, family guy etc.. all have less detailed designs)

intro should be just the title and 5-10 seconds of a riff or something

lister sounds like he is on dope and very very slow – krytens voice also seems to be off – holly is perfect and rimmer is pretty darn good

writing for me is really really good and the strongest part of this so far

keep up the good work I cant wait to see where this goes next

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

>the animation is a bit lacking and i think the problem with this is the designs – they are simply too complicated they look more like comic book drawings than cartoon drawings and I think more simplistic designs would help with this(simpsons, clerks, family guy etc.. all have less detailed designs)

I seriously disagree with this Pete. I saw the “SouthPark” style ones you did and this is infinately better than those….and I liked those!

ChrisM
    Participant

I agree. (To disagree that it needs be simplistic I mean. I’m not judging the Soutpark animation though as I haven’t seen it.) I like simplistic cartoons, but I think for Dwarf you’ve got it right.

As for Lister’s voice, I didn’t mind the voice and accent, (it’s not quite Craig, but I think it works ok) but I agree with comments that it’s too slow.

Kryten’s voice sounds odd to me though. I can imagine that being one of the most difficult to pull off though. Rimmer’s voice (what little he says) is great though!

Gwynnie
    Participant

Yeah, Lister’s voice made me feel as if I’d just smoked a big bag o’ weed. And someone really needs better quality mics.

Kris Carter
    Participant

He sounds like Paul Robeson on dope. :)

Carlito
    Participant

> Rimmer?s voice (what little he says) is great though!

The first full episode is VERY Rimmer-y!

redhead85
    Participant

> The first full episode is VERY Rimmer-y!

If it’s anything written by me, it’s always focused on Rimmer and Lister ^__^

The movie has a strong Rimmer-focus too.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

The comic I wrote with Kris is very Rimmer/Lister centric, being as it is set during the show’s first series. I like the dynamic that they have.

Edit: It occurs to me that this was really more of a brainfart than a constructive addition to the thread. I shouldn’t really be allowed on the internet after 2am.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Rimmer and Lister have the best dynamic anyway, it’s the backbone of the show.

Also – Really must finish that comic…

redhead85
    Participant

> Also – Really must finish that comic?

Yes! Come on, I’m waiting for that comic… :-)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Me too!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.