Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Remastering Series IV-VI

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rad
    Participant

Obviously the original episodes are better than the remastered ones done in 1998. But it’s interesting to wonder what particular changes they would have made had they gone ahead with the rest of the series.

I was thinking this after watching Justice last night and would love to have seen what everyone was looking at in the courtroom. We know there is something because Rimmer stares at one particular place when he is sentenced and a red light is shined on him from above. Would have been lovely to see a Justice Computer and given Doug’s disappointment with the set, I’m sure it was something he would have tried to change if the remastering had gone ahead.

I’m sure they would have tried to change the planet collisions in White Hole. Thank God they didn’t though because I don’t think you can ever do that convincingly on a sitcom budget and although I think the model guys were disappointed with it, it works fine for the show.

Any other ideas?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

* A skutter whizzing past the bottom of the scene during the “It’s a Banana” scene in Camille. You know, just to detract attention from the dialogue.

* Cut Kryten’s “It does mean changing the bulb” line from Legion, to show an extra bit of CGI.

* Get Hattie to re-record all her lines for White Hole so they all begin with “Bing Bong”, even the ones where Holly is short on runtime.

* Add some CGI heads to the bottom of the screen during Langstrom’s sequences in Quarantine to indicate that the base is not as deserted as it seems…(mystery!)

* Just generally fuck everything up.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster
    Dave
    Participant

I’d rather see VII, VIII & BTE De-Mastered

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

In Psirens, replace Clare Grogan with an actress.

ChrisM
    Participant

I dunno, I quite liked her getting all shooty like.

I’m easily pleased.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

GE’ OWT THE BELT WHILE YOU CAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

IS THAT MOYT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rad
    Participant

Yeah, she’s poor but it’s one of my favourite moments on the commentaries.

Danny: Oh dear, oh dear…
    Chris: We’re stunned into silence.

That and the bit where Chris asks why Hollister’s pile of dust is the same as Rimmer’s in ‘The End’.

Danny: Yeah, his should have been a bucketload!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.