Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum A NEW LOW in AMERICAN TELEVISION

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

A NEW LOW in AMERICAN TELEVISION

http://www.ifc.com/shows/whisker-wars

It doesn’t matter the world will end on Dec 21

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I bloody hope so. Then we won’t have to put up with any more of your prattle.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I find the idea of Whisker Wars 4,569 times more enjoyable than The Jeremy Kyle Show. At least these people have passion.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Benny the Blade are you enjoying the nice LA weather? Sunny high 70s

NoFro
    Participant

I like how I can just read the title of a thread and know whether or not it was authored by Pecospete.

takerdemon
    Participant

The sad thing is that I’m not even sure it is the lowest point. It’s low but I’m sure there’s something worse.

I know it’s not American but I seem to recall a Sky TV show about a female singer (I can’t remember who) on a quest to find the perfect pair of jeans. This is what the world has come to.

If any TV execs are reading, if you want a TV show about my quest to finding the perfect snack to accompany my days on the sofa, please get in touch. £10,000 per episode starting rate for a run of 12 episodes minimum. Said snacks must be brought to me, I’m not willing to travel.

Karnie
    Participant

I’d happily take it over Jersey Shore and Honey Boo-Boo anyday…….

Pecospete666
    Participant

Benny the Blade your Honey Bo Bo name is”Blessed Piggy”

http://www.facebook.com/HereComesHoneyBooBoo/app_274643699317380

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Well, now I know what I want on my gravestone.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Scary Santa

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

fozzibear1
    Participant

I’m going to suggest it is hard to go lower than anything involving the hatemongers from westboro baptist, pathetic excuse for a, church

How a group which, within hours, announces it is going to have protests celebrating gods judgement (in the form of more than a dozen pre-pubescent children being killed) can be classified as anything but scum is beyond me

sorry had to vent, specifically had to vent in a place where the average subscriber has a functioning brain and a human heart, sorry again

HelloMabel
    Participant

> Scary Santa

Oh my God, it’s Viv Stanshall!

HelloMabel
    Participant

> sorry had to vent, specifically had to vent in a place where the average subscriber has a functioning brain and a human heart, sorry again

The good news, if any can be gleaned from all this, is I hadn’t heard about the Westboro protest and none of my family had either. Looks like many media outlets are choosing not to give them any attention, at least so far.

Blisschick
    Participant

Anonymous has hacked their website and posted all the members’ personal information. You can call them yourself now if you want to tell them how you really feel about their hate group.

Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information

>Oh my God, it’s Viv Stanshall!

I spent all of last night listening to Sir Henry at Rawlinson End from the Peel Sessions. Then I spent dawn finishing off Doctor Who: Dark Eyes. See, sleepless nights can be productive! :D

>The good news, if any can be gleaned from all this, is I hadn’t heard about the Westboro protest and none of my family had either. Looks like many media outlets are choosing not to give them any attention, at least so far.

My parents had no idea who they are when I was venting and gesticulating about it. So yes.

anniescribe
    Participant

I wonder if the bikers will show up at these services to drown out the WBC protests again.

Honestly, at this point, WBC is a lot like Limbaugh – neither has any teeth, are generally regarded as pathetic attention whores, and so absurd as to be a joke even your old racist uncle’s got sick of telling. They shock nobody and just make you sad and irritated that you have to share a country/planet with them.

fozzibear1
    Participant

thanks blisschick, I am seriously tempted, unfortunately the thumper (from bambi) rule forbids me taking up that opportunity as much as i’d love to, the other one i thought of, using some webspace for a ‘hall of shame’ and posting their details would involve sinking to their lvl, russn fussn parents teaching me values lol

Blisschick
    Participant

Personally, I’m not gonna waste the money on phone time to tell them what losers they are. They aren’t even worth that. It would just be what those attention whores would want.

Sam Johnson
    Participant

I must confess that I don’t really understand the Westboro Baptist Chruch. Do they genuinely believe the things that they espouse, or are they just trolling attention seekers?

Or is it a bit of both?

Moonlight
    Participant

I love it when people say stuff along the lines of “hate groups should be killed” in the comments. Can they not see the rich, creamy irony dripping from their words?

anniescribe
    Participant

If WBC are trolls, they’re highly dedicated trolls. But it wouldn’t matter if they are, because there are any number of people who DO agree with their stated POV.

Blisschick
    Participant

I honestly think it’s a bit of both, Sam. They feed off the negativity, saying that it only proves their [twisted] point. They cause controversy because it gets them the attention they want to further their hate mongering. In that sense, I would consider them to be dedicated trolls, but with an actual point. Most trolls don’t have one, their just bored and like to stir the pot.

Smegerama, I don’t think they see the irony any more than WBC sees it when they call themselves Christians.

Moonlight
    Participant

So, what did they give as a reason (and I use the term loosely) for picketing the funeral of these poor children? I can’t possibly imagine what it is, and I’m not just saying that. Anything will surprise and infuriate me.

And coming from a Catholic family (though I’m agnostic myself), it really disgusts me to see people do such horrible things in the name of Christianity. I especially hate the stigma it applies to my loved ones.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Religion is a virus that is infected from parent to child and it continues on from one generation to another it’s like racism, It’s taught, you are not born with it. Science will eventually eradicate it,like smallpox,and the human race will evolve past it unless the infected destroy the planet. But I will never see that day it’s way past my allotted time.I have done my part in not spreading it, by not infecting my children with it.They are free to make their choices.I hope they see it for what it is.

I was a Altar Boy at one time.

Reece
    Participant

I honestly think WBC do anything controversial to make the front pages. They just enjoy the exposure, it makes them feel relevant.

Which of course they aren’t.

Religion is a virus that is infected from parent to child and it continues on from one generation to another it’s like racism, It’s taught, you are not born with it. Science will eventually eradicate it,like smallpox,and the human race will evolve past it unless the infected destroy the planet. But I will never see that day it’s way past my allotted time.I have done my part in not spreading it, by not infecting my children with it.They are free to make their choices.I hope they see it for what it is.

You are full of surprises, Pecos.

anniescribe
    Participant

I don’t know their reasoning in this case, but I’ve heard their excuses before, so any number of guesses would likely hit the right nail: lack of religion in schools to “protect” the victims; the sins the victim committed to bring this on themselves; the sins committed in the community; our growing laxness as a society toward permitting gay relationships; abortion; contraception; women using their brains to do more than marry and cook and give blowjobs; etc. etc.

My sister read me a passage from an editorial in The National Review last night (U.S. right-wing toilet paper material), about how this shooting wouldn’t have happened if there’d been a few more burley men or ambitious, non-coddled 12-year-old boys willing to tackle Lanza and protect them passive, docile wimminz. Because OBVIOUSLY Lanza wouldn’t have shot them, too, to get past and at the teachers and kids – and obviously, if the female staff members hadn’t been such little pussies (i.e., female), and been able to stick around for some beefy male hand-to-hand or armed combat instead of herding and hiding all those other kids, why then all those dead kids would’ve been saved. And then they’d have all gone for ice cream with Captain America and the wimminz could have serviced the heroes. Or some such fantasy horseshit.

Oh yeah – the above was written by a woman, apparently. Now how she can spell or form words when us wimminz ain’t s’posed t’ be edumacated, God alone knows. Maybe her husband or father wrote it for her. With their penis.

No, I’m not angry at some of the more extremist idiots I’m forced to share a citizenship with. Why would you ask?

Pecospete666
    Participant

Annie are you a Misandrist ?

Or have Daddy issues?

mis·an·dry\ˈmi-ˌsan-drē\
    noun
    : a hatred of men
    mis·an·drist \-drist\ noun or adjective

Save people from looking it up

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Save people from looking it up

But perhaps you should.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Pete your about funny as Cancer!

Blisschick
    Participant

>>No, I’m not angry at some of the more extremist idiots I’m forced to share a citizenship with. Why would you ask?

Wow…now tell us how you really feel. :P

Seriously, though, I have heard and read some real bullshit regarding that. I can’t even force myself to read to read any of it beyond scanning the article because it is truly bullshit, so I say your a better wimmenz than myself to be able to plow through that crap.

anniescribe
    Participant

Pecos, why would you associate a distaste for misogyny with a preference for misandry? If I dislike one,why would I like the other?

Pecospete666
    Participant

My Impressions of you,is from your posts they sound anti-men! If that’s not the case you have my sincerest apologies. I was not trying to smeg you! But you sound angry. And that’s ok! Men have caused most of the major damage to the planet and should be smeged off
    Including myself. But the world is what it is and I trying to get thru my allotted time with the least amount of damage to it. So again I apologize if I offended you! :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

anniescribe
    Participant

Most of us feminists I think, believe that blame rests with people of all genders who perpetuate any subjugation or regression of any people based on gender (as well as sexuality, ethnicity, what-have-you). We don’t want to see people held back or pigeonholed on an artificial limitation like their genitals; ability or lack of talent or bad performance, fair enough. (You caught the part where I pointed out that editorial writer was a woman, yes?) No male principal could have done better at Sandy Hook simply by being male.

Reece
    Participant

I read the story about the Headmistress at Sandy Hook, and I don’t think I could have done what she did.

And I am a burly male who’s nearly 6 foot.

Gender played no part in this tragedy.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.