Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Andrew! Christ!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Just following links tonight…reading things more or less at random…and I ended up at this review of The Day Today DVD:

http://chilled.cream.org/boards/index.php?topic=1575.0

Two comments caught my eye. Here’s the first one:

“produced as part of the Open University program. It, rather inexplicably, has sections on The Day Today and interviews with people like the Director Andrew Ellard, and Rebecca Front.”

Andrew Gillman!

I thought…hmmm. I wonder if it was just a coincidental mistake. But then, a few posts down:

Yeah, it is Gillman. Andrew Ellard is a tedious, incompetent and self-regarding employee of Grant Naylor Productions, who makes bland Red Dwarf DVDs and acts as though he’s Jesus.

!!

Dave
    Participant

Andrew, can you turn water into whine?

>who makes bland Red Dwarf DVDs and acts as though he?s Jesus.

I won’t claim to be an expert on the Lord our God, “King of Kings”, but in my ill educated opinion it would take a brave person to describe his life as bland.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Well, that tallies up pretty well with the theory that someone over there is the trouble-causer on Wikipedia, who has frequently slagged off Andrew and various G&Ters in the process.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Oh, and I’ve just read the post. It’s fucking Darrell. Makes a LOT of sense, then.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Yep, pay no attention to Cookd and Bombd. In fairness to Darrell, that post was four years ago, and he’s admitted in the mean time that he used to be a bit of a dick. But there’s a lot of bitter people on that site. Well, actually, there’s not that many at all – only a tiny minority – but they don’t half go on, to the extent that it pollutes the entire site.

Andrew
    Participant

Never got an apology, mind you…

Bless you, my children. Praise my name. Cheers.

Phil
    Participant

I mean, if the guy has a gripe with Andrew…that’s its own thing. Maybe he thinks Andrew is a big boobie. (I feel the exact same way about Ian.) But there is nothing at all about the Red Dwarf DVDs that should strike anybody as bland, tedious, or imply that any of the minds behind them are incompetent.

What a completely unfounded swipe to take. I reckon the Dwarf DVDs don’t appeal to everyone, but I’d imagine that even non-fans of the show must be hugely jealous of the material we’ve been getting, and the high-quality of the releases, and wish that their own favorite shows would get the same treatment.

Actually, if that’s the Darrell that used to post here (Darrell Jones?) then he IS a fan of the show and should be positively through the roof with the quality of the DVDs, regardless of what he does or doesn’t think of Andrew.

TheLeen
    Participant

> but I?d imagine that even non-fans of the show must be hugely jealous of the material we?ve been getting, and the high-quality of the releases, and wish that their own favorite shows would get the same treatment.

I confirm this.

Andrew
    Participant

> Maybe he thinks Andrew is a big boobie. (I feel the exact same way about Ian.)

You want to stare at Ian and can hardly restrain yourself from giving him a squeeze?

Phil
    Participant

B-)

Joey
    Participant

I think we’ve all squoze Ian at some point

James
    Participant

Doah! I thought there was a case for spoiling for a rumble!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

> I think we?ve all squoze Ian at some point

Now I want the word ‘squoze’ to be entered into the Official Oxford English Dictionary!

Andrew
    Participant

Weirdly, there’s an editor at the studios who has an online shop named Squooze…

penny
    Participant

What does it sell?

….nevermind, found it.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I am an Andrewchrist, and I am an anarchist.

Jo
    Participant

I think we?ve all squoze Ian at some point

Yeah he is such a tart!

You want to stare at Ian and can hardly restrain yourself from giving him a squeeze?

B-)

I’ve got my eye on you Reed! >:o( Hands off, husband-wise!

Dave
    Participant

>Hands off, husband-wise!

Is that like a relationship savvy version of streetwise?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.