Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Anyone else spot the continuity smeg up?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Chris Stokes
    Participant

I did pose this question in the Let’s Talk About Trojan thread and Si was kind enough to provide screengrabs, but I thought I’d put it here as well in case it gets lost among the other Trojan chat. Or you could all have been ignoring it and were too polite to say anything.

It’s nothing related to established Dwarf-verse continuity (pointless trying to pick it apart), but the scene on the Trojan where Sim Crawford is able to walk out of shot again directly after having teleported away elsewhere?

Plastic Percy
    Participant

All I noticed was Rimmer describing himself as a First Technician.

Carlito
    Participant

Maybe he is a First Technician. Perhaps he has been promoted in the interim (took an exam, automatic bump up due to years of service etc)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Also, The Cat doing impressions of Rolf Harris. I mean, huh?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Also, The Cat doing impressions of Rolf Harris. I mean, huh?

Cat watches fuckloads of TV.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Didn’t spot the error at all. But will certainly look out for it.

As for Rimmer being a first technician. Isn’t he a first technician in the novels, hence a shift leader? For some reason, I’m remembering him as being a first technician making him Lister’s immediate superior…but may be mis-remembering.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

He’s a First Technician in Infinty and BTL and… all over the place in Last Human.

JamesTC
    Participant

A wizard did it.

Connell
    Participant

Edit – Caught the bit you’re talking about.. smegging wizards!

srmcd1
    Participant

Couldn’t just be that Rimmer was lying? Again?

How about this exchange, though:

LISTER: Navigation Officer – plot a course.
    CAT: On this ship?
    RIMMER: Of course on this ship!
    CAT: But aren’t we in the – ?
    RIMMER: Just do it!

Aren’t we in the what?

JamesTC
    Participant

>Aren’t we in the what?

Originally Trojan was in the Red Dwarf cargo bay with one side facing out of the ship.

Phil
    Participant

Yeah, but since it’s not there in the final episode, “Aren’t we in the what?” is a valid question.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Well, he could still be saying “Aren’t we in the Trojan”? I.e. “Aren’t we in that ship we can’t pilot”?

pfm
    Participant

They just about got away with excising that plot point from the episode. A couple of quick cuts there and that pointless corridor scene (I’m guessing there were more lines there that they couldn’t fit in) make for a pretty ‘meh’ 30 seconds or so.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Kryten says that the ship isn’t flightworthy. That’s what I took the Cat’s line to be alluding to?

Phil
    Participant

>Well, he could still be saying “Aren’t we in the Trojan”? I.e. “Aren’t we in that ship we can’t pilot”?

Sure he could. He could be saying lots of things. That’s why it’s a valid question.

srmcd1
    Participant

Cheers for making me feel less like a dribbling simpleton, Phil.

Carlito
    Participant

Having had no idea that the Trojan was originally supposed to be aboard Red Dwarf, the Cat’s line caused absolutely no confusion whatsoever. It works fine with the revisions.

MANI506
    Participant

Agreed, Cat’s line is fine. It’s a shame about Sim Crauford still being in the room after she teleported away. It’ll go down in history as one of the great production smeg ups along with the elbow in the window from The End, the crew appearing on Holly’s monitor in Terrorform and Lister walking off the edge of the set in Marooned.

And Robert Webb’s on-screen penis in that creepy sketch of the second series of TMAWL.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Agreed, Cat’s line is fine. It’s a shame about Sim Crauford still being in the room after she teleported away. It’ll go down in history as one of the great production smeg ups along with the elbow in the window from The End, the crew appearing on Holly’s monitor in Terrorform and Lister walking off the edge of the set in Marooned.

It will go down in history with all these remarkably unhistoric moments.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

More like the ghost in Three Men and a Baby, the penis at the end of Teen Wolf and the nipple slip in Duct Soup.

pfm
    Participant

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.