Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Anyone else think the ram scoop on the current RD model is too big?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Every time I see it it bugs the hell out of me. I know why it is, because the model is reconstituted from the pencil model made back in the 90s, so the scoop is in proportion to a much longer ship. But now Red Dwarf is short and squat again, the scoop looks huge. It’s about half the length of the ship again and it just looks a bit weird.

Just wanted to get that off my chest, sorry for interrupting your Sunday roasts.

flanl3
    Participant

I think this breaks the spoiler policy.

Paul Muller
    Participant

Yes, I do.

Also, the ‘nose’ is too long.

I think it’s been discussed before, but yes the new model looks very skewed. It doesn’t bother me on the grounds that, frankly, it’s nice to have a model and it’s the only way they could have done it, so I’m able to overlook it. But the shape is… not great.

Yeah I overlook it fine, and actually I really really really love the model and the shots they are able to get with it. Just that scoop jars a little as it just isn’t right. But hey ho.

Don’t think the nose is too big though. It is bigger, but it fits in better than the scoop does.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.