Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum are humans and cat people able to be attracted to each other in the RD universe?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    tombow
    Participant

would the Cat have really been interested in a human woman if he met one? I wonder if it’s like, he think from chatting to Lister that he “should” want women, but he doesn’t really have any really feel for what that entails. Like when he meets the simulant and asks if he is Barbra Belini, he doesn’t really understand that this isn’t a woman.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

I don’t see why not. It’s a free and open universe.

bloodteller
    Participant

When Cat meets Kochanski in VII, he never really shows any attraction to her or tries to seduce her. So maybe not

When Cat travels back in time in stasis leak he is clearly turned on my the human women, so the answer is yes.

Dave
    Participant

Also, he’s clearly attracted to the fake human woman in Polymorph.

And in Better Than Life.

And Wilma Flintstone.

He is also attracted to reverse mermaids … and unconscious Lister in Confidence and Paranoia.

“does not help, does not clean, will have sex with anything”

Unrumble
    Participant

>When Cat meets Kochanski in VII, he never really shows any attraction to her or tries to seduce her. So maybe not

I don’t know about that. He calls her ‘Officer Bud-Babe’, and I always interpreted that as him finding her attractive, rather than babe just meaning ‘woman’.

He also seems quite keen on watching her knickers spin-dry.

Plus “No, I said they were down, then I asked if you like wrestling in….”

bloodteller
    Participant

Yeah but he never tries to sexually assault her in the way that Lister does

tombow
    Participant

Yeah that’s another thing. Cat should at least be fascinated with Kochanski in her being the first woman he’s ever had the chance to get to know and see up close for longer than a day.

tombow
    Participant

Or maybe “identity within” had canonically happened by the time he met Kochanski and he just wasn’t in a sexual “season” anymore?

Lily
    Participant

Maybe I’m giving him too much credit, but I presumed he ignored Kochanski as he knew she was off limits.

He’s certainly shown interest in every other attractive female around.

To be fair, Cat can be a bit of a bro and Lister is probably (though he’ll never admit it) his best friend. So not advancing on her is probably deliberate.

I honestly can’t imagine Cat being that courteous, but yeah, I think that’s how it’s meant to come across, at least.

In BitR he’s very annoyed he doesn’t have a date with the flight controller when it turns out that was AR.

Bargain Bin Holly
    Participant

As long as you can get past the hook cock I’m sure a relationship between the homo and felis sapiens could work

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Which homo?

Warbodog
    Participant

“will have sex with anything”

“Dance? With her I’d have trouble walking!”

Inconsistent. Writer should be fired.

tombow
    Participant

I thought it would be interesting if Cat just didn’t feel human. Like we know watching the show DJJ is a handsome man, but if you were in the RD universe, he just wouldn’t register as a person, it would feel like standing next to a zoo lion or something.

Lily
    Participant

Yeah if he had a cat head, like that freaky book cover, most humans would have second thoughts. I say most, because furries…

As it is, he’s basically human apart from the teeth and dick. Although saying that, why doesn’t he have a tail? That seems a pretty significant body part for a cat to lose.

bloodteller
    Participant

>As it is, he’s basically human apart from the teeth and dick.

And the nipples, he has six nipples according to Back In The Red and Siliconia.

Surely that would mean the female cats have six breasts, though? And yet the one in Can Of Worms only has two

Ben Saunders
    Participant

>Although saying that, why doesn’t he have a tail? That seems a pretty significant body part for a cat to lose.
    We used to have tails as well, I guess.
    And I’ve heard of people having extra nipples, but not extra breasts

Ben Saunders
    Participant

What episode is “I wonder what the female of the species is like/Pretty easy to please in bed” from? Not Back in the Red, surely? Although I don’t know if they’re referring to cats in that instance

clem
    Participant

That’s from BITR1, and they are talking about cats having lots of nipples.
    The first mention of Cat’s six nipples is in Kryten, when he says they’re all tingling with excitement at meeting the all-female crew of the Nova 5.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

Damn, it feels like a line from earlier in the show, I’m not a BitR hater but I assumed a line that good would be from a different series, lol

Me Own Stunts
    Participant

> Yeah but he never tries to sexually assault her in the way that Lister does

This doesn’t mean he fancies her any less.

Bargain Bin Holly
    Participant

Pretty sure Cat’s had six nipples since Kryten from Series II

Bargain Bin Holly
    Participant

Missed Clem’s comment, whoops

Ben Saunders
    Participant

>Pretty sure Cat’s had six nipples since Kryten from Series II
    Does this imply that he had a different number to begin with? What happened?

Manbird
    Participant

>”would the Cat have really been interested in a human woman if he met one? I wonder if it’s like, he think from chatting to Lister that he “should” want women, but he doesn’t really have any really feel for what that entails. Like when he meets the simulant and asks if he is Barbra Belini, he doesn’t really understand that this isn’t a woman.”<

He seems to have a pretty fluid sexuality. It always strikes me in his dream sequence at the end of “Can of Worms” that he wants to recreate the ‘pipe down the throat’ approach to sex rather than, say, yer standard ‘man on woman’ action he’s been craving since we first saw him. Then there’s the cunnilingus gag in “Better Than Life” with the fish-headed mermaid… In this respect, he probably has the most open attitude to sex than any of the other characters.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.