Are there any XI & XII publicity photos avaliable?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Are there any XI & XII publicity photos avaliable?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bargain Bin Holly 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Bargain Bin Holly

Fuck

Bargain Bin Holly

Well question still stands I guess

Bargain Bin Holly

As you may know, X released a host of publicity photos of each individual main character (Lister, Rimmer, Cat, Kryten) for public perusal. Here’s an example:

Cat Series X

However, I’ve encountered difficulty in acquiring any publicity photos of the boys from their XI & XII incarnations. I know they exist in some form, as they’ve made appearences in group photos, on billboard advertisements, and on the covers of SFX back in 2016. Example:

SFX magazine Red Dwarf

Anybody have these? It’d be good to have a new front-shot of Kryten that doesn’t feature his X-era hook nose and eye bags. Plus, it’s never a bad thing to have an extra photo of Rimmer saluting:

2018 09 19 16 18 25

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Wibbley wobbley, timey wimey.

Bargain Bin Holly

May Cloister smile upon thee, o’ broken thread fixer

Flap Jack

THE PHANTOM THREAD. IT’S ALIVE. I CAN FINALLY DO MY REPLY.

I dunno.

Lily

Presuming the originals to the photo shoot for XI are out there somewhere, as the DVD cover is around with plenty of different backgrounds.

I doubt there is anything for XII though? The cover was just the Everyones Kryten pic, rather than a proper shoot.

Bargain Bin Holly

Yeah, I think the images of the exact photoshoot I’m looking for was taken sometime around the filming of Samsara going off of Cat’s outfit.

It’s just they look more or less the same in XI & XII so I couldn’t really differentiate the two.

Bargain Bin Holly

Also some of the photos make appearances in Red Dwarf XI: The Game.

p1187570 e v7 ab

2018 09 20 20 21 27

GlenTokyo

Is there a press kit on any of the GNP/UKTV/Baby Cow websites?

Maybe there’d be some in there.

Bargain Bin Holly

I stand corrected I do believe an additional photoshoot may have taken place since the billboards last year contained Cat posing in his outfit from Mechocracy, my futile hunt continues.

Seb Patrick

They do exist in a very similar style to the X ones (backgrounds almost identical) but no, I don’t think they’ve ever been put out there. Not for any particular reason, I don’t think – just more that there was never really a reason to use them in that way.

They might do one day, I guess.

Lily

The X ones have always struck me as a little odd, being left with the grey studio backdrop still in. It’s pretty much unheard of to not replace the background with something else.

Ben Saunders

I think I’ve seen them do the studio background thing for the Star Wars prequels and Doctor Who as well

Hamish

I appreciated them, if for no other reason than they provided very good infobox pictures for the Tongue Tied wiki back when I did any real work on it.

Bargain Bin Holly

They do exist in a very similar style to the X ones (backgrounds almost identical) but no, I don’t think they’ve ever been put out there. Not for any particular reason, I don’t think – just more that there was never really a reason to use them in that way.

That’s a shame, hopefully they release them.

Bargain Bin Holly

Pretty sure the grey studio background was just a template, I’ve seen the poses photoshopped in-front of deep space in promotional adverts

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.