Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Dr Who audio dramas for download

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bluedwarf
    Participant

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/feb/04/digitalmedia.television

I think this is a great idea, I love to l;isten to audio dramas, but can never be arsed to pay for them on CD, and I hate the CD format anyway – MP3’s all the way!

Do you reckon they’ll have any of the red dwarf books on audio? I’ve never actually seen them on audio anywhere.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

The Dwarf audio books usually tend to do the rounds on the torrent networks…

bluedwarf
    Participant

but that’s no good! BBC won’t get paid for them or be able to track how popular they are – which means they see no value in making any more.

If they were downloadable, and even just a few pence each, they’d make money off them and then realise “hmm… these are making money, lets make some more!”

Andrew
    Participant

The audiobooks are actually being discussed at the moment and we hope to have good news for everyone very soon.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Since when did the BBC get money for Red Dwarf audio books?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Regardless of the “value of making any more”, there wouldn’t be any more to make until either Rob or Doug write another book.

Both Last Human and Backwards would benefit from the Barrie treatment. No offence to Craig or Rob, but their readings really don’t compare.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>The audiobooks are actually being discussed at the moment and we hope to have good news for everyone very soon.

Awesome. I’ve got to say, I’m not as big a fan as some, but it’d be great to see them properly out there again.

Dave
    Participant

>The audiobooks are actually being discussed at the moment and we hope to have good news for everyone very soon

I would love to see the radio show on DVD with illustrations from Neil Maguire.

Somebody
    Participant

Apparently, however, Big Finish have pulled a US$1=?1 conversion ratio for the downloads…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

That works for me!

listerssock
    Participant

DVD storyboards of the Audio books would be great! Still waiting on the CD versions as well though :P

bluedwarf
    Participant

What’s the chances that they’ll release the rights and allow other authors to write red Dwarf audio books, like the millions of star trek and starwars ones we have.
    I know having too many might be a bad thing, as it waters down the brand, but at least we’d get more!

Andrew
    Participant

> What?s the chances that they?ll release the rights and allow other authors to write red Dwarf audio books

Absolute zero, I’m afraid.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Thank God for that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.