Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Last Human/Backwards Audiobooks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Having just listened to the entirety of ‘Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers’ and ‘Better Than Life,’ it really makes me want to pay Chris Barrie to do unabridged readings of the final two books.

He makes it seem effortless. It’s perhaps unfair to compare Rob Grant and Craig Charles’ efforts to Chris Barrie’s, but after listening to the first two books you can’t help but feel underwhelmed at what follows. Rob is not an actor and Craig has a decent stab at the reading, but Chris Barrie is such a natural fit, I have no idea why he wasn’t asked to do the final books.

Kris Carter
    Participant

I’m going to bet it’s all about the cashola.

Dave
    Participant

I want to pay Rob Grant to read the audiobook of Last Human.

cwickham
    Participant

They would have been around the time Chris was adamant he wasn’t doing another series, wouldn’t they? Presumably either he turned them down or they thought he had no chance of doing them and didn’t ask.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

It seems crazy to me that new unabridged versions haven’t been done in recent years. They have a perfect reason to do them again since they were always abridged originally.

Dax101
    Participant

Laughing Stock did the audiobooks for the first 2 and Penguin did the last 2 right?

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

It seems crazy to me that new unabridged versions haven’t been done in recent years. They have a perfect reason to do them again since they were always abridged originally.

It seems like something Audible would now pick up. I’d definitely buy unabridged versions of both books read by Mr Barrie.

Ridley
    Participant

I’m going to bet it’s all about the cashola.

…It’s all about the moneyola.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.