Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum More extras passed at the BBFC

Viewing 56 posts - 1 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    JamesTC
    Participant

01:57:17:15 WE’RE SMEGGED – THE MAKING OF: RED DWARF X
    00:27:50:02 DELETED SCENES – RED DWARF X

On top of that is a commentary on the Deleted Scenes.

So the longest Red Dwarf documentary to date and an entire episode worth in length of deleted scenes.

clem
    Participant

Excellent. I very much like the name of the documentary.

Carlito
    Participant

A commentary on the deleted scene eh? Audio or text? If audio, surely this bodes well for/confirms a commentary of some kind on the main episodes?

si
    Participant

*Rubs hands with glee*

JamesTC
    Participant

Audio commentary as with the ‘Back to Earth’ deleted scenes.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Nice, that’s got to be a Doug commentary.

“We’re Smegged” is an annoying title, really, but I do think it’s referencing something other than “SMEG IS FUNNY”.

pfm
    Participant

> “We’re Smegged” is an annoying title

I think it’s funny.

Nearly 2 hours for the doc!!! At least some commentary confirmed!!! :D

Somebody
    Participant

Everything’s rolled into the main documentary apart from deleted scenes and smeg-ups then? A two-disc release won’t have room for anything else!

Moonlight
    Participant

Praying to see a “Raw Model Effects” feature.

I’d guess the Dave idents with the cast will be included.

NoFro
    Participant

Yer I’d expect all the promotional material since they went to the effort of ripping adverts from VHS for the I-VIII DVDs.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Wishlist –

Audio Commentary
    Documentary (Confirmed)
    Deleted Scenes (Confirmed)
    Smeg Ups
    Model Shots
    Music Cues
    Trailers, TV Spots and Station Idents

….funny – since the documentary Is so hefty, I think that’s all I want.

thomasaevans
    Participant

OH – 12 minutes of Smeg Ups confirmed.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Is it me, or does this release seem really rushed in order to get it out after transmission? How long was it after BTE did we get the DVD for comparison?

We’re getting a massive documentary, so i’m not complaining, but I can’t help feeling a little disappointed after all the awesome DVDs we’ve had in the past.

Weirdly enough, i’m hoping that Dave re-release this as a 2-Disc down the line. I’d be more than happy to buy a fuller special edition set later on with commentaries and cues and stuff.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

> How long was it after BTE did we get the DVD for comparison?

Aired in April, released in June. August for BD.

Brayds2006
    Participant

>Weirdly enough, i’m hoping that Dave re-release this as a 2-Disc down the line.

Is this only a 1-disc then? I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that. I’m hoping the menus are animated at least.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Three hours of episodes, plus a two hour documentary, plus at the very minimum an extra 30-40 minutes of features? On one disc? Nah.

si
    Participant

I preordered the BluRay a while ago – that’s listed as a 2 disc on Play.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Ok, well i’m hoping for a fuller 2- disc set then down the line…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Is it me, or does this release seem really rushed in order to get it out after transmission? How long was it after BTE did we get the DVD for comparison?
    We’re getting a massive documentary, so i’m not complaining, but I can’t help feeling a little disappointed after all the awesome DVDs we’ve had in the past.

Judging by Andrew’s tweets over the course of the year it sounds like they’d been working on the DVD/Bluray for a good few months.

NoFro
    Participant

Is there anything to say that all the extras have been passed?

And yes I’d say that they’ve been working on the DVD for some time.

pfm
    Participant

I’m guessing the doc will contain more on-set stuff than the past ones, rather than just retrospective talking heads.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Is there anything to say that all the extras have been passed?

I’m assuming that the commentaries would have needed to have been cleared before now though, right? I don’t think it would make a ton of sense to keep something like that under wraps. Has anyone asked Bobbyllew or Danny whether they’ve done any commentaries. I’m sure they would have made a thing about it had they done some, surely.

I’m just hoping that we get a lovely full DVD set with all the trimmings that, not us, but that Red Dwarf, deserves.

Claire
    Participant

I’m concerned about this too. Red Dwarf episodes without a cast commentary just wouldn’t feel right.

Danny did tweet that he’s due back in the UK in the first week of October. Given that the DVD’s out in November, would that leave enough time for recording commentaries and getting them cleared by the BBFC?

JamesTC
    Participant

I imagine that 3-4 weeks is enough time to record the commentary, pass it on the BBFC and master the DVD/BR.

Claire
    Participant

Good, I thought it was, but I’m not familiar with how the BBFC works. Hopefully we will get a cast commentary then. :)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Andrew has tweeted me and I thought it was relephant to the conversation:

Andrew said “Not saying it relates to RDX one way or the other, but the BBFC don’t, to my knowledge, rate commentaries.”

“(I know it’s happened with deleted scenes, but that’s a delivery anomaly, not the norm.) Read zero into this. Just a factoid.”

So, if there are any commentaries they wouldn’t be mentioned on BBFC anyways.

Let’s just forget I just spoke eh?

Pongo
    Participant

Whither Red Dwarf Unplugged?

Bezzy
    Participant

I soooo hope there are animated menus again, going round the ship like the others did. I liked the starbug ones on the VI and VII dvds.. also according to Dougs tweets a week ago the dvds have swap covers so im really hoping one of tgem is sort of I-VIII like as then my OCD chip wont overdrive lol

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

Andrew said “Not saying it relates to RDX one way or the other, but the BBFC don’t, to my knowledge, rate commentaries.”

How does that work? Would that mean then that on a DVD a commentary could contain the phrase “Norman Lovett is a cunthorn’ and it would still be passed as a U if the show itself was U rated?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Norman Lovett is a cunthorn

Excellent swearing.

Bezzy
    Participant

oh and a collecters booklet :) the otyher ones were great!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

How does that work? Would that mean then that on a DVD a commentary could contain the phrase “Norman Lovett is a cunthorn’ and it would still be passed as a U if the show itself was U rated?

That’s what I’m thinking. it seems the BBFC have a hard time keeping track of all the extra stuff that appears on discs now, and some stuff could theoretically slip through the net.

JamesTC
    Participant

Classic Doctor Who commentaries are always passed through the BBFC these days, they weren’t up until around 2007-8. Possibly a choice by BBC Worldwide to pass them to er on the side of caution.

If we weren’t going to get a commentary on the RDX DVD then they would probably have told us in order to not get our hopes up. As they haven’t said anything in a while then they are either sure that a commentary is happening or they are still working to try and make it happen.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Fathers and Suns just got passed as PG:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV293061/

thomasaevans
    Participant

Sorry to completley side-line this, but just saw Men Behaving Badly – Jingle Balls on bbfc AGAIN.

HOWEVER – It includes two NEW extra’s which I’m rather fucking excited about:

Runtime Component title
    00:06:55:17 THE NAUGHTY BOYS (THE LOST PILOT)
    00:11:03:15 MEN BEHAVING BADLY (KYLIE)

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV294984/

Im guessing for THIS:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/35000788/0/Men-Behaving-Badly-The-Complete-Collection/ListingDetails.html

Hopefully, they can put the widescreen masters of the last series on instead of the shitty cropped ones we had in the previous release. If they could get Comedy Connections on it too….. MAN this is a surprise release!

ANYWAY back to Dwarf…

Bezzy
    Participant

im wondering if ‘the Beginning’ will be a 12 or something :)

JamesTC
    Participant

‘Fathers and Suns’ at 30 minutes and 7 seconds is the longest Red Dwarf episode, isn’t it?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Assuming there’s no episode in X that’s longer I think it has to be, yeah.

John Hoare
    Participant

It really didn’t feel that long during the recording. Although that’s partly because of a GREAT BIG MISSING SEQUENCE at that point.

(Also, sitcom recordings *never* like they’ve shot enough in my opinion, and yet they always do. Had the same with IT Crowd recordings.)

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

It really didn’t feel that long during the recording. Although that’s partly because of a GREAT BIG MISSING SEQUENCE at that point.

It was about an hour shorter than any of the other recordings, too. Then again, episode 5 probably would’ve been quicker if it didn’t have the episode 1 rough cut shown at the end.

John Hoare
    Participant

The length of recording for Episode 2 was perfect.

Ep 3… well, could have been rather better. Slightly complicated guest set, though.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

MEN BEHAVING BADLY INTERJECTION.

That lost pilot is a Comic Relief sketch, with the show in the style of a 70s sitcom, rather than an actual lost pilot.

MEN BEHAVING BADLY INTERJECTION ENDS.

thomasaevans
    Participant

Yeah after I posted It, i realised It’s that black and white skit isn’t It. Still – I’m mega impressed that they’ve bothered to put them on, when they could of just repackaged the same discs again.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Pretty sure it’s still on You Tube…somewhere. The Kylie sketch was better.

John Hoare
    Participant

MEN BEHAVING BADLY INTERJECTION.

That lost pilot is a Comic Relief sketch, with the show in the style of a 70s sitcom, rather than an actual lost pilot.

MEN BEHAVING BADLY INTERJECTION ENDS.

Annoying, considering there IS an unreleased pilot for Men Behaving Badly. There were some clips on a Radio 4 documentary a while back.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Anyone read the novel?

si
    Participant

We seen Seb’s new TOS update? So is this final confirmation for extras? I expect so. Looks nice, though…

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2012/09/28/dvd-details-x/index.cfm

Squeaky Gibson
    Participant

that’s a nice cover and some nice extras but does seem odd not having cast commentary, hopefully thats one of two pleasant surprises which were teased…

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>So is this final confirmation for extras?

“And while we’re sworn to secrecy, we can tell you that there are one or two pleasant surprises about the set still to be revealed.”

Alex
    Participant

I’d be amazed if commentaries were one of the surprises, as if commentaries were included surely you would mention them on the back cover as a major feature. I mean, why would you mention Doug’s deleted scenes commentary and then not mention the one that’s a bigger selling point?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

It is a little odd but, going by that, it seems he’ll be talking about the stuff he cut out, but not the stuff he kept in!

tennorman
    Participant

So, odds on one of the pleasant surprises being a “simulant war cruiser” reversible cover in keeping with the rest of the DVD line?

JamesTC
    Participant

‘Lemons’ has passed at the BBFC. Comes in at 29 minutes and 51 seconds.

Bezzy
    Participant

maybe the reversible cover has the complete list of extras.. while the main cover has the most appealing extras?

Jonsmad
    Participant

>‘Fathers and Suns’ at 30 minutes and 7 seconds is the longest Red Dwarf episode, isn’t it?

Back in the Red. xtended on the series 8 DVD. 82 minutes.

Or if has to be a broadcast episode. Back to Earth directors cut. 70 minutes and 5 seconds.

Viewing 56 posts - 1 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.