New Sonic Trailer

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum New Sonic Trailer

This topic contains 116 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Offline 4 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 117 posts - 1 through 117 (of 117 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Vast improvement upon the original, what do we all think of it?

https://youtu.be/szby7ZHLnkA

Darrell

I wish they’d release an improved version of you following a fan backlash.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

I would actually like to see a Red Dwarf/Sonic crossover at some point, who agrees with me?

Warbodog

Dave

Lego Dimensions lets this happen.

Plastic Percy

quinn_drummer

<

I wish they’d release an improved version of you following a fan backlash.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how brilliantly savage this is.

Katydid

There’s already a Sonic version of Me2. It’s the 6th episode of my abridged series Xonic S in which the antagonistic and abrasive character of Tails is made sympathetic through the exploration of his traumatic past and deep-seated issues.

There doesn’t need to be a literal crossover because that would be dumb.

International Debris

I would actually like to see a Red Dwarf/Sonic crossover at some point, who agrees with me?

I agree, you would actually like to see a Red Dwarf/Sonic crossover at some point.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Well, I was actually meaning an official, fully-licensed, canon crossover which would see both universes merge for one epic story, whereby the Red Dwarf crew meet the characters from the Sonic universe.

International Debris

I’d quite like to see Red Dwarf do a crossover with the Jawscvmcdia universe.

GlenTokyo

I understand Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars, maybe Mass Effect or something, because it’s all set in space and translatable, but a crossover with a Mega Drive character that runs fast and collects golden rings, you’ve lost me.

That’s on the same level as me asking for a canon cross over with the Pringles mascot because I enjoy crisps.

International Debris

Confirmed: Clippy the Microsoft Paperclip to star in Red Dwarf 2020 special.

bloodteller

i enjoy crisps too. i think they should do a crossover with chips

Warbodog

If you haven’t seen this Where’s Wally-ish omni-crossover art before, it’s good: http://jeffcarlisle.com/node/514?size=_original

I don’t think Sonic’s in it, that would just be silly.

Spoilers: Starbug’s outside one of the lower windows above the exit, go down and to the left for the Boys.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Your suggestion that the Sonic universe is as simple as a video game about a cartoon blue hedgehog running around and collecting rings, is like saying that Red Dwarf is about four guys on a space ship. Whilst, yes, the concept might have been this simple at launch, so was Red Dwarf’s. As time has moved on however the Sonic universe characters have been developed and the concept and has been greatly fleshed-out.

I, personally, believe that if there was a Sonic crossover that it would see Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy team up with Lister, Rimmer, Kryten and Cat to defeat Dr. Eggman. It could be that Eggman creates some kind of interstellar spacecraft that threatens both the lives of the Red Dwarf crew, as well as Sonic and friends. The Red Dwarf crew have to team up with Sonic to defeat Eggman. Tails would probably team up with Kryten, as they are both fairly intelligent and have similar personalities. Lister would be with Sonic, Knuckles with Cat, and Amy with Rimmer. As part of an amusing B-plot Amy develops a crush on Rimmer but, much like Sonic, he wants nothing to do with her! In the end, Red Dwarf harnesses the power of the chaos emeralds to defeat Eggman’s ship, and everything is back to normal… for now, at least.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

In this universe, also, the effect of the Sonic characters jumping into the Red Dwarf dimension has resulted in them aging by about ten years, something that is eventually counteracted by them returning to their own dimension later on.

Dave

The trailer looks fun. I’ll take my kids to see this.

Warbodog

I don’t know, it sounds like the franchise’s depth and complexity could go over kids’ heads.

Darrell

Remind me, is Sonic the blue hedgehog that goes around collecting rings? Used to struggle with that when I was young, couldn’t get my head around the concept. All a bit Oxbridge for me. I mean, I really tried to get my head around the ‘him being blue’ thing, but I lost it at the rings. And then someone said that the ‘hedgehog’ element was literal and I just thought ‘leave this to the academics, I’m out’.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

What do you think about my crossover idea, though?

Warbodog

I’m wondering if this is potentially going to be the last Red Dwarf with the current cast/crew? The cast themselves (and Doug) are all boomers who are not getting any younger, let’s be honest.

Have they got one foot in the grave or can they keep up with a famously fast hedgehog? Make your mind up.

Darrell

I liked the one where Sonic repeatedly harrassed a woman online after being told to stop several times. They could do a crossover with that and the Sex Offender’s Register.

bloodteller

they should do a crossover with the “ban user” button and jawscvmcdia’s g&t account

GlenTokyo

Everyone do what makes them happy, but I’ll be honest, reading a serious pitch for a crossover between Red Dwarf and some anthropomorphised woodland creatures who collect golden rings and eat chili dogs, fills me personally with an ineffable sadness.

As does comparing a TV show and novels, written to tell a story, to a videogame tie in, made only to sell videogames to children.

But each to their own etc

Jawscvmcdia (2)

“Anthropomorphised woodland creatures” have been around for a lot longer than Red Dwarf, and will probably be around for a lot longer afterwards, too!

Dave

Whatever, whatever happened to old Sonic?

Pete Part Three

I’m sure this new character design will improve this film immeasurably.

Hamish

> As does comparing a TV show and novels, written to tell a story, to a videogame tie in, made only to sell videogames to children.

Which were themselves only created to sell the Mega Drive/Genesis hardware to children.

Ben Saunders

Which was, in turn, only created to make SEGA money. Capitalism. It’s shocking, isn’t it?

Warbodog

The Venn diagram crossover of Sonic/Red Dwarf fans is surprising, but they’re basically incompatible and this would annoy more fans on both sides. Why has Red Dwarf gone embarrassingly childish (again)? What’s this cheap Brit show about old people I’ve never heard of? Your crap pitch is just a formulaic Sonic story with Red Dwarf shoved in, there’s nothing Red Dwarf about it.

Things like The X-Files/The Simpsons and The X-Files/COPS were successful crossovers with different shows, but at least those appealed to the same general audience. And X-Files was malleable in tone already, veering from deadly serious to zany every other week by that point. Red Dwarf’s never gone full Saturday morning children’s cartoon. When it almost did, that was everyone’s favourite two-parter.

Though apparently Supernatural did an animated Scooby-Doo crossover that was well received. Never watched the show, so I don’t know how that turned out.

Warbodog

Well, they’re both investigating/debunking the paranormal, aren’t they? So that would work and probably be pretty funny.

Ben Saunders

You’d have to animate Red Dwarf, which has proven to be a bad idea, or make Sonic live action, which….

Warbodog

If you want to show that the Sonic universe has moved on and been “greatly fleshed-out” since those early days, maybe come up with a plot that isn’t lifted straight from the early-1990s Sonic games (with Red Dwarf characters pointlessly tagging along like computer-controlled Tails).

Darrell

They could then cross over Sonic into other well loved franchises, such as The Daily Politics, The Boy With The Striped Pyjamas, and the Nicholas Lyndhurst WH Smith adverts.

Dave

I think you’re being too conservative. I want to see Sonic crossover with Twix chocolate bars, postboxes and the concept of abstract thought.

Warbodog

Real.

quinn_drummer

Why curry? Just, why?!

At least go with something like Blue WKD that the kids are already drinking. Or Blue Aftershock to really get that Sonic kick.

Warbodog

Because of the Sonic/Lister parallel observed by Jawscvmcdia (2).

It’s coming true, it’s all coming true.

Dave

BLUE

Red Dwarf Series VII, episode 5: Lister eats a curry made from his favourite videogame character.

International Debris

It works, though, because sentient cartoon hedgehogs have been an established part of the Dwarf universe for several years now.

Katydid

You all have fun arguing about the blue curry. I’m gonna go back to my hole and speedrun Sonic Adventure some more.

Ben Saunders

If I remember a previous discussion right, blue curry is a thing that already existed, and was calling out for a Sonic tie-in

Warbodog

I want to see Sonic crossover with Twix chocolate bars

Close enough? I remember this ad from STC. Sonic has considerably more tie-in food and drink than Red Dwarf with its lager.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

For reference, this is how Sonic compares against a “normal” human:

Warbodog

Have you ever written IMDb trivia?

Darrell

How does Jawscvmcdia compare against a normal human? For reference.

Ben Saunders

Poorly

Hamish

> It works, though, because sentient cartoon hedgehogs have been an established part of the Dwarf universe for several years now.

Dave

I guess Sonic technically counts as a blue midget.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

It’s been done, Katydid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoval0SwqOY

Jawscvmcdia (2)

BREAKING NEWS:

Sonic 3 Prototype revealed after 25 years! This is big news. A video of it in action is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCL-GZucUxA

Darrell

I already saw it on the front page of the Sunday Times.

GlenTokyo

Sonic is just a shit Ristar anyway.

Now a Ristar/ Red Dwarf crossover I’m fully behind.

bloodteller

Sonic and Ristar are both rubbish in comparison to James Pond anyway

Warbodog

Searching for “james pond” “rule 34” only brought up one image I’d rather not have seen, but at least they all seemed to be enjoying themselves and it wasn’t especially dodgy, so it’s a better fandom than Sonic.

Ben Saunders

There’s actually some pretty good S-

Dave

Now a Ristar/ Red Dwarf crossover I’m fully behind.

Star Knot

Darrell

Surely there must be Earthworm Jim erotic fanfiction by now. He’s essentially a wisecracking phallus, it writes itself.

Darrell

Strike that, I would instead like to see all the Worms fuck all the Lemmings.

Hamish

Darrell – 2019

bloodteller

They should do a crossover with Red Dwarf and Duke Nukem.

“It’s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum.”

“Oh. Then you won’t want to know about the two super-lightspeed fighters that are tracking us.”

“What?!”

“I’ll leave you to your bubble blowing, mate.”

Dave

“Lister, if you must know, I submitted a discourse on porous circuitry that was too radical, too unconventional, too mould-breaking for the examiners to accept.”

“Yeah, you said you were Ecco The Dolphin.”

bloodteller

“So Lister, what are you telling us? You’re a closet bobcat? Behind closed doors, you parade up and down with a strap-on bushy tail calling yourself “Bubsy?””

Katydid

I just love the idea that Jaws thinks me trying to beat my best time on stages for my own personal enjoyment in private is somehow pointless because somebody else did it too.

Of course somebody else did it. That’s kind of the point of the game.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

SRD

Dave

They should have photoshopped in Sonic’s design from the first trailer for the perfect storm of fan face-complaining.

Darrell

FOR CHRIST’S SAKE MAKE IT STOP

Warbodog

Is Sonic’s wildly inconsistent size a reference to Starbug?

Can you Photoshop him into Formula 1 real death footage next as a sort of tribute?

Dave

News on the Red Dwarf Special can’t come quick enough.

Hamish

> News on the Red Dwarf Special can’t come quick enough.

And then a cast member gets sick. I guess this thread is contagious.

Dave

Because it took the contagious to photoshop that crossover pic?

Warbodog

Seeing this at the top of Recent Replies all the time is a bit embarrassing. People should stop bumping it.

Pete Part Three

Agreed.

Dave

I’m going to stop bumping it too.

Warbodog

It’s basically vandalism at this point.

Plastic Percy

This thread has run its course, we should stop drawing attention to it.

Dave

I mean, the funny thing is that, by repeatedly reaffirming our intention not to bump the thread, within the thread itself… Well it’s ironic.

Warbodog

How do you mean?

Dave

No time to explain now, but I’ll set out my thoughts on the subject in a series of regular posts over the coming days and weeks.

Warbodog

This thread has run its course, we should stop drawing attention to it.

This.

clem

Hear hear. In fact I nominate this thread for Hall of Obscurity status.

Dave

I second that.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Pete Part Three

Jawscvmcdia is annoyed at people posting nonsense.

International Debris

When’s he getting his poo emoji titles back?

Dave

Just wanted to say well done to everyone for not bumping this thread in the last 12 hours. Keep it up!

Warbodog

Very funny. I bumped a couple of other threads just so this one will finally start to slip down.

Dave

Good idea!

Jawscvmcdia (2)

What if I bought this fox and named it Tails?

Warbodog

Only if it has a similar personality to Kryten. I can’t really tell from a pic.

Pete Part Three

That fox is way out of your price range. He was in Holby City.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Does it bite?

clem

This thread? Yes.

Plastic Percy

So glad that this has got to 95 posts now.

Dave

If it gets to 100 we get an extra life.

Pete Part Three

The Chicken (Mc)Nugget thread is rolling its grave.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

What do you think of Sonic’s new design guys? Here’s an exclusive from the Conan show here:
    https://youtu.be/nqzz-bUoepI

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Warbodog

Dave

Dah dah-dah-dah dah DAH dah-dah daaaaaaah.

Warbodog

Jawscvmcdia (2)

This is funny, right?

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Sonic’s new look… yeah. That was a bit awkward, wasn’t it Conan?

Ben Saunders

Always wanted to know what Sonic’s cock looked like

desbug

Red Dwarf / Sonic crossover? Surely that’s missing the obvious open goal of a Red Dwarf / Mario crossover? I mean, just imagine: Princess Peach whacking those green pipes with various turtles and complaining if they make a sound out of sequence. Hilarity would doubtless ensue.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Credits for the new Red Dwarf have been leaked…

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Credits for the new Red Dwarf have been leaked…

Image2<br />free private image hosting<br />

Ben Saunders

That fucking font

International Debris

I nominate this thread for the hall of shame.

Nick R

Hmmm, the Red Dwarf opening theme would be pretty well-suited to Jun Senoue’s style of widdly guitaring.

But what I’d really be interested to hear is a version of the Red Dwarf theme arranged by Hideki Naganuma…

Jawscvmcdia (2)

Have any of you played Skinner Adventure?

Katydid

btw Jaws.

Please stop trying to contact me. It’s bordering on stalker territory.

Darrell

I can only admire your patience and restraint at using the word “bordering” there.

Jawscvmcdia (2)

When I have I attempted to contact you?

I nominate this thread for hall of fame status.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 117 posts - 1 through 117 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.