Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Nice things to see

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

A DVD shelf in HMV, Middlesbrough:

Lots o's Dwarf DVDs

This is the first time I’ve seen such a nice display of all 8 series (in the Best of BBC section, no less) as they’re usually just bunched together in the normal racks. HMV certainly knows what’s just round the corner…

littlesmegger
    Participant

It’s nice to see anything displayed nicely in HMV to be honest! But seeing it’s Red Dwarf it’s all the more beautiful… no icing on the cake though seeing certain Bodysnatcher, Smegs or Geek DVD’s aren’t in sight… but they can work on that! :P

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Admit it, Cappsy, you did that yourself, didn’t you?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Admit it, Cappsy, you did that yourself, didn?t you?

No, that’s the best thing about it!

JamesTC
    Participant

Pick me up a copy of Knowing me, Knowing you, I need to replace my videos of it.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

If I worked in HMV, this is what I’d spend all day doing.

Jo
    Participant

I think we should all visit our local DVD stores and do this :o)

JamesTC
    Participant

I don’t have a local DVD store =( Well not many good ones, I can get the classic Who releases but I have no chance of Red Dwarf releases unless they are new.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

They get minus points for putting the OAP releases in the wrong order and only having one Blackadder series on show.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Went into a Best Buy yesterday. They had all eight seasons nicely laid out in their Comedy section – strange, considering a) Best Buy are usually worse than HMV for displaying things, and b) Best Buy don’t usually like to make it obvious that they stock British shows. I found a complete Only Fools And Horses in one over a year ago, but only by accident – I had to go down into a cellar, through a door marked “Beware of the leopard”.

pfm
    Participant

What I find funny is how All The Shows is cheaper than Bodysnatcher.

Carlito
    Participant

> Pick me up a copy of Knowing me, Knowing you, I need to replace my videos of it.

Picked up a copy of KMKYWAP – Aha – from Tesco a couple of weeks back for under a fiver. You can get some good shit in Tescos dirt cheap if you look for it.

JamesTC
    Participant

My local Tesco is really small, don’t stock too many DVDs.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I got the 3-disc set of Spaced at Tesco’s for abotu ?5 with 10% discount as i was working there at the time. I felt good that day.

EvoFan
    Participant

?8 each, bargin!

JamesTC
    Participant

I still think the ?21 I paid for Series I was a great price.

EvoFan
    Participant

To be honest, I would have paid well over the odds for series 1 :)

locusceruleus
    Participant

>What I find funny is how All The Shows is cheaper than Bodysnatcher.

Diehard prices for diehard fans.

hummingbird
    Participant

I’m still waiting for Bodysnatcher to come down in price before I buy it.

Yeah, I know, tighter than an Italian waiter’s keks.

JamesTC
    Participant

I got it for ?20, it was worth every penny and more, I should have got it much earlier. If you can get it for ?20 then I say go for it.

hummingbird
    Participant

If I could get it for ?20 then I would.

JamesTC
    Participant

You can on Amazon from the used and new section, I got it new in that section, arrived days later. I use the used and new section alot more now, they have much faster delivery than Amazon’s main service.

ChrisM
    Participant

I got it fairly cheaply too (I forget how much now.) I think it was only down for a short period though.

Mr Flibble
    Participant

And you can sell stuff there really fucking quickly, for more than on eBay and with less hassle and risk than on eBay.

Richey
    Participant

We’re currently selling all series of Red Dwarf at ?5.99 each at work.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Certainly a nice thing to see, but it won’t make any difference, Karl…

peas_and_corn
    Participant

One moment they’re all at Io tech, the next moment they’re watching Liverpool!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> Certainly a nice thing to see, but it won?t make any difference, Karl?

*slaps forehead*

Right. People, not just yourself, but footie sites, pundits etc are completely missing the point when they say this. Saturday wasn’t just about the title race, that just got most of the attention in the press. Pool v United is at heart a derby game, between the two most successful sides in England. So when you spank your arch-rivals on their home-boy turf. It makes every difference. It’s the next best thing to winning a trophy. Plus for one blissful week I don’t have to pick up a paper and read about Fergie’s invincibles. For seven perfect days I can be a football fan free of anxiety, but full of optimism (until we lose to Villa). So it totally makes a difference.

Football at heart is a local game*, not a global one. Only a precious few win trophies each season so derby games become defacto cup finals.

* – Yeah I know that’s rich coming from a Midlander.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.