NOISE TO SIGNAL

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum NOISE TO SIGNAL

This topic contains 30 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Danny Stephenson 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Seb Patrick

Hello everyone,

You’re a fantastic and loyal and excellent readership, and we love you all (except for performingmonkey. But since some of you have shown up more recently, you may not know about our Other Website, Noise to Signal. Well, it’s about to (*checks watch* in about twenty minutes, in fact) relaunch, with lots of NEW EXCITING fantasticness, and we’re really looking to hit the ground running and get the site back to the way it used to be, with regular well-written content and a strong community of commenters (who don’t have to sit there for half an hour while Movable Type processes their comments). So if you’ve never visited before (or you used to be a reader but since got bored) why not stop by this afternoon and let us know what you think?

http://www.noisetosignal.org

Pete Part Three

It’s 4.01pm.

*Hammers on door*

Phil

The old NTS was getting kind of stale and predictable, so we’ve introduced a wise-cracking four-year-old cousin for Seb, Cappsy’s adorable Chihuahua who wears a different hat every week, and my own rapping grandmother.

Hope you like it!

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

And it’s now relaunched!

TheLeen

Will have a look tomorrow!

TheLeen

Done!

Somebody

Uh…do we have to register again? Can’t it be arranged to have NtS & GnT share a user database?

John Hoare

G&T Admin

Uh?do we have to register again? Can?t it be arranged to have NtS & GnT share a user database?

Yes, you do – although remember that a) There wasn’t a registration system there before, so you don’t have to do it “again” as such – and also you can post comments without registration, it’s just that they’ll have to be approved before appearing. It is a separate site to G&T!

I did consider letting G&T logins work on NTS, and maybe it would have been wise – but… I wanted to emphasise that NTS has its own identity, apart from G&T. Maybe that was the wrong decision in retrospect, but that was the idea.

I want OpenID support really, but I didn’t have time to implement it. It’s on the to-do list – which, amazingly, is actually being worked on for once.

Arlene Rimmer BSc SSc

Speaking of the relaunch–I can only get the old version of the site now (in every browser I try). Something happen?

Pete Part Three

It’s a leak, right, in Stasis; hence the name “A Stasis Leak”.

TheLeen

Happens to me to, but only on the computer I use at work. When I go for a specific page I even get a page not found.

“Noise To Signal
    Page Not Found

Page not found – /film/2008/07/the-dark-knight”

Clearing the cache didn’t do the trick.

Tanya Jones

G&T Admin

John will take a look when he gets home from work; he thinks Hosting Unlimited might have dicked about with the servers or something!

John Hoare

G&T Admin

Right, I *may* have fixed it, but we’ve got to wait for the DNS to propogate. Which could take up to 24 hours, but should be a lot sooner than that.

I changed absolutely FUCK ALL – one moment the new site was there, the next the domain was pointing somewhere else – so I think HU have accidentally reset something. But we’ll see.

Pete Part Three

I’m now being directed to a page which says: “The internet has not been invented yet. Please wait.”

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

It is! It’s a time hole!

performingmonkey

> and we love you all (except for performingmonkey

Oh fuck you in the face twice.

Phil

It took him four days, folks, but boy was his reply worth the wait!

John Hoare

G&T Admin

Now back up!

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

Now back up!

Why? Is there a homosexual about?

tee hee.

Ben Paddon

No, he just wants you to tell him what you wanna do now, right before he resumes his previous activity of rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin’.

James

Cool another site where anyone can moan about every other aspect of TV rather than singular Red Dwarf

Phil

>another site where anyone can moan about every other aspect of TV

In our previous iteration we were accused of constant fanboyism. So…I guess this is progress.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

In our previous iteration we were accused of constant fanboyism.

Only by one person and his friend, though.

Phil

Aww, really? I’m remembering improperly. That’s kind of disappointing that we only managed to upset two people.

Well, three now that we can count James. He must be very upset over my negative Venture reviews, or Seb’s venomous hatred of the upcoming Watchmen film, or the fact that Capps gave The Dark Knight negative five million stars OH WAIT NONE OF THOSE THINGS EVER HAPPENED AND WE HAVENT REALLY MOANED…AT ALL

Andrew

Um…James was joking though, wasn’t he?

Phil

Most likely. (At least, I have to assume.) But exploding is so much funnn.

performingmonkey

D’you wanna know…why I use a knife?

James

Well yes, Phil exploding is always fun to watch. And yes it was a bit of fun. Personally I find NtS a very well written site, with many in depth reviews that go waaay beyond a paid writers comments, not only that give a personal reprise, and many I find interesting. And the new update is lovely, but I do miss the large banners.

Why do you use a knife Monkey? To get your winkle out?

Phil

>get your winkle out

Don’t encourage him.

Ben Paddon

I am looking at your other site.

I am liking it.

I am adding it to the “Geekery” tab on my Google Reader page.

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

I have been reading NTS for a while now, and i’ve only just joined up. Apologies.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.