Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum RDXI/XII tickets: successful?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    si
    Participant

So, now it’s 28th September, people might be hearing if they’ve got ‘through round 1’ sometime this week, yeah? Maybe those who get that far can share their excitement/rub everyone else’s nose in it here?

Or don’t. Whatever. Just a thought.

McAleeCh
    Participant

Not heard yet, but am keeping an eye on my inbox!

Both me and some friends have applied for tickets – we’ve got a group of between 6-8 people hoping to go, so I encouraged everyone to apply if possible to give us more chance of getting enough tickets! No idea how many of them actually applied, but it’s worth a shot – especially as you can specify between 1 and 4 tickets per applicant, so potentially all we need is for two of us to be successful to achieve the best-case scenario. Not holding out too much hope that it’ll happen, though. I’d imagine there’ve been a lot of applicants, so it’s much more likely that we’ll get one succesful application – and have to choose which four go – or none, in which case we’ll just have to sulk and wait for it to air on TV. = P

On the plus side, the official Lost in TV account popped into a Twitter conversation I was having re: tickets, stating the “week commencing 28th September” statement specified on the RD website was them being cautious, and that they were actually hoping to start sending out e-mails at some point today. So, hopefully not too much longer to wait…! = )

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Apparently the first batch have gone out. I got nuffink.

Nothing for me yet. A couple of friends entered for tickets too so there’s still some hope.

McAleeCh
    Participant

No e-mail here either, though no idea if any of my mates have been successful. Worst comes to the worst, I’ll have to pin my hopes on round 2 next week. = S

Kris Carter
    Participant

I didn’t get nuffink, my wife got nuffink.

My brother did, so I believe we’re off to watch the filming on Dec 4th. PHEW.

si
    Participant

I got nowt, my sister got nowt. My brothers haven’t run in screaming at me yet, so I’m assuming they didn’t either.

Kris: watch your back…

MANI506
    Participant

I didn’t and I no longer live in the UK so couldn’t have gone anyway. However my friend was successful and I’ll be asking him to write a set report if needed!

si
    Participant

It seems remarkable that nobody of this parish seems to have received that magic email today.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Is this only for UK residents ?
    Airfare from New York to London during this time for it is really cheap $630 round-trip, some either cheaper!
    I may fly out and just hang out at the studio and begged to let me in!

Pecospete666
    Participant

Well sinc I can not edit my posts I have to add the change

Begging or Bribeing my way in!
    How big a bribe do you think would get a person in?

Paul Muller
    Participant

Nothing through yet. I know they’re using a smaller stage at Pinewood, so maybe there’s only room for five audience members or something. Or maybe they’re only letting in children and people under 4ft tall to save on room.

Jo
    Participant

…or maybe there were thousands and thousands of applicants.

Jonsmad
    Participant

What like an audience of Dwarf people?

Im desperately clinging to the idea that emails are slowly being sent out across this whole week to the winners and weren’t just all sent out Monday. Based mostly on blind denial head in sand attitude to crushing failure and my complete unacceptanceness and reading the words “next week” in a tweet from lost in TV.

si
    Participant

^^What he said.

JamesTC
    Participant

I don’t mind not getting a ticket just so long as each week is a full house.

I’d hate it if somebody got tickets and didn’t go because the tickets are free.

ClareGC
    Participant

What a beautiful email! That would look great in my inbox *sigh*. I’m sure the ‘thousands and thousands’ won’t have been an over-estimate.

I just want to point out that if you got tickets I now hate you, so, y’know, think about THAT.

ClareGC
    Participant

That may be why the person’s name is blanked out, haha. I’d just love to read that people who are successful really appreciate that they are. I read tweets last time from someone in the audience who’d never heard of Red Dwarf, but had nothing better to do near Shepperton that evening. I hope they became a fan after that privilege!

Phil
    Participant

I hope someone here gets in. I want to know if they finally make that joke about butter having the word butt in it.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I hope they say smeg. We’ve been waiting nearly 30 bloody years for it.

Jo
    Participant

Someone posted it on the TORDFC FB page, I blanked out the name to protect the innocent.

Jo
    Participant

RE: the “thousands and thousands” mentioned…

http://reddwarf.co.uk/news/2015/10/02/going-up-to-eleven/

“Quite incredibly, almost 14,000 people applied for tickets…”

si
    Participant

14,000 people, yet *I* got NOTHING. It’s a fix.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Cant they film in wembley arena then we can all come.

McAleeCh
    Participant

Lost in TV tweeted this morning to clarify that reallocations of unused/unclaimed tickets will begin this afternoon:

Keeping fingers crossed – me and 5 other mates all applied in hope of getting tickets, and none of us got any! We had a group of 7 who were hoping to go, hence why most of us applied – I doubt we’ll all be able to now as we’d have to be insanely lucky for enough reallocated tickets to make their way to us, but I’m hoping at least one of us will get some so that at least some of our group can go.

Fingers crossed – good luck to anyone else waiting on reallocations, too! = )

si
    Participant

I know (pretty sure) they won’t be going out til later this afternoon, but my inbox has already been refreshed a dozen times in tha last half hour. Hoping I have a nice surprise when I finish work.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

Well, I didn’t get a email today. Bollocks.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

an* email.

Why you hate me, edit button?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.