Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Series XI Opening Titles Mock Up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Lilly Queen
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone will find this interesting but I’ve made a mock up of what the series XI title sequence might look like, using the available clips at the moment. Be interesting to see if it got anywhere close. Though I hope the actual titles are better obviously as they would have access to the whole series to pick clips from.

Billie, I reckon you work for Grant Naylor, that’s outstanding work. If XI or XII doesn’t begin with that glorious shot and sound of Starbug roaring away from the planet, then we don’t deserve it.

Yeah, I was thinking there’s got to be a really high chance that the Starbug shot is the opening one of the titles. Great work!

Lilly Queen
    Participant

Thanks, you’re too kind. I did have fun putting that sound together. Though it’s full glory does get a bit muffled by the music. If I had a longer shot of Red Dwarf, I would maybe start it with just the Starbug sonic boom, then theme tune in on the shot of the Dwarf.

Moonlight
    Participant

This was scarily accurate.

Like seriously.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Indeed – very good. I think I slightly prefer yours actually!

Isn’t this, technically, a bit spoilery?

Trailers aren’t spoilery by definition as they’ve been out in the public space for a good while and you see only quick clips that don’t give away the exact moments where the plot takes left and right turns.

Or, whatever.

Lilly Queen
    Participant

Nice of people to say it’s accurate but I don’t really see it. A couple of shots were surprisingly exact but most of the footage in the actual title sequence was yet unseen and pretty weird and interesting it was too. I think my attempt and the official one can both be improved though and a v2 fan edit will be out as soon as I get my hands on that bluray. What can I say, I am tough to please when it comes to Red Dwarf title sequences.

I’m just glad the pace of the opening shots has picked up, more in-line with III to VIII. Still not a fan of the names being overlayed but now I’m just being a nitpicking sod who wants everything my way.

‘But why can’t everything be my way’ he queried into the blackness, the sheer nothingness of the night that surrounded him.

Lilly Queen
    Participant

Yeah, I agree with you on both those points.

By spoilery I meant discussing any similarities/differences. This isn’t a UKTVPlay thread so viewers waiting for the Dave broadcast might read the discussion and have the surprise of the title sequence ruined.

I mean, it’s absurdly petty, but I know what some of you lot are like.

Moonlight
    Participant

Nice of people to say it’s accurate but I don’t really see it. A couple of shots were surprisingly exact but most of the footage in the actual title sequence was yet unseen and pretty weird and interesting it was too.

It’s mostly the opening two being identical, that really stuck out. The moment I started Twentica I thought “wait, I’ve seen this before”.

I just think it’s surprising that we had already seen that much of the opening montage in the trailers. That wasn’t at all the case with X.

Lilly Queen
    Participant

What really surprised me was that the shot of Lister in the fedora was used and in almost the exact same place. More so because I only used that for lack of any more decent footage.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.