Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum So what’s next?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SkyAndSun
    Participant

Another ten year wait for a new three part special?

Maybe we’ll get some positive news soon. I hope GNP and Dave (and the BBC?) plan to ride the momentum of BTE…

thomasaevans
    Participant

Im definatley on the side of ‘more red dwarf please!’… and I loved BTE.

But, I really think that there’s not much chance of more. And I dont know why.

SkyAndSun
    Participant

I certainly think if there’s any more, it’s gotta happen soon. before the momentum, the interest inspired in broadcasters by BTE, slows.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

i agree if there is to be anymore it has to happen soon

locusceruleus
    Participant

I wonder if Doug has anything in mind for a follow-up. Possibly ‘the search for Kochanski’ as others have said.

To be honest, I’d be happy if BTE was the last TV Dwarf. It’s such a fitting end, especially after a decade of lamenting ‘Only The Good’.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

I would love to see more. The whole spirit of Back to Earth seemed to be that this shouldn’t be the end.

NoFro
    Participant

I don’t think Dave will commit until DVD sales come in but I feel the decision needs to be made sooner rather than later.

I hope Doug doesn’t try for a movie again because as we’ve seen, he can achieve a lot on a small budget. One that would likely be increased if a series was commissioned. Trying to do another film would be too much of a gamble after failing for so many years and seems a stupid gamble when he can obviously achieve the style through TV episodes. He may not have been able to with the resources ten years ago, but now he can.

Dessie
    Participant

I think we need a final series. The search for Kotchanski would be good but i’d also like Red Dwarf to end back on earth so Lister gets his ultimate happy ending.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Agreed that Dough needs to forget about the film. BtE can serve as one anyway, and probably will in its feature length presumably extended form. New series please to wrap things up.

hummingbird
    Participant

I have Dave on in the background today, and I’m really noticing the absence of BtE trailers. 8(

It’s reassuring that Doug and the cast all seem to be open to doing more. Before the rumours of BtE last year I was resigned to the fact the RD was long dead, but now I just want more. NOW.
    I will be terribly disappointed if this is it.

Jo
    Participant

>Agreed that Dough needs to forget about the film. BtE can serve as one anyway, and probably will in its feature >length presumably extended form. New series please to wrap things up.

This post makes me hungry…

JamesTC
    Participant

If Doug writes better in this form he could write another 2 three-part stories to make up a Series IX. I would be happy with that.

Kris Carter
    Participant

I’d love a new series… I’d be happy with six, single half hour eps. No multi parter stuff, just six solid, funny stories, and god-willing, no cliffhanger.

JamesTC
    Participant

Oh of course a 6 half hour series would be good but I want Doug to write to his strengths, if his strengths are stories like BTE I would rather he written more in that style.

NoFro
    Participant

>Oh of course a 6 half hour series would be good but I want Doug to write to his strengths, if his strengths are stories like BTE I would rather he written more in that style.

Agreed. If it was a choice between 2 or 3 BTE-style episodes (in terms of length, not all the homaging and self-referencing) or 6 to 8 episodes of series 8 comedy, I’d choose BTE-style episodes anyday.

BTE was the first multi-parter Dwarf that truly worked in my opinion.

Mister E
    Participant

I’ll agree that the film should just be completely forgotten about. I consider BtE to be that film, for better or worse, and if there should be any more Red Dwarf (which I sincerely hope there will be), it should be a full 6 or so episode series. Preferably each episode being 30 minutes long.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

At the moment I don’t really mind what flavour of new Dwarf we get (although obvious a series is a million times more likely at the moment) but I still really love the idea of rebooting Dwarf in a film.

But at the moment I just want more.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.