Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum The Red Dwarf Text Adventure Game: Anyone here have it?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

Way back in 1996, someone made a text-based Red Dwarf adventure game. It’s fantastic stuff, especially for those of us who remember staying up long nights to finish The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It’s still listed on HOTU, but I can’t download it because of their overly-protective CAPCHA. I was wondering if anyone here has it, or if they know of an alternative download source.

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Oooh, nope…but it sounds great.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Ah, I’ve just found it on Groovetown. Here, actually. Huzzah! Something to play on my laptop while I fly back to the States!

I have it myself. Wonderful game (even if it’s hard for me to get around the ship without drawing myself a map. You might want to do that for yourself). And you’ll never guess the site I downloaded it from.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

That’s just amusing.

TheLeen
    Participant

Haha :D

John Hoare
    Participant

I keep meaning to write an article about this. I really love the game. I shall ADD IT TO THE LIST.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

Playing it now. It’s as interesting as the richard the third text adventure game

Phil
    Participant

>now.

>richard the third

peas_and_corn
    Participant

http://versificator.co.uk/hamlet/index.html
    well, Hamlet text game I found, can’t find the richard one for some reason.

What am I supposed to do in the RD game? Im’ on the ship but there’s nothing to do…

>What am I supposed to do in the RD game? Im? on the ship but there?s nothing to do?

Have you tried looking in other people’s quarters? There’s several of those. Also, talk to Holly. If there’s something going on, say, on another floor, he’d be the one to know.

(Yes, that was a hint.)

Dave
    Participant

“Why is the ceiling blue? And why’s it so HIGH?”

Bexley Heath
    Participant

Damn it, I stumbled across this thread and now I’ve downloaded the game and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve found undeveloped slides, a slide projector, and a darkroom, but I can’t for the sodding life of me work out how to develop the slides… and I swear I’ve been in all the rooms and there’s nothing else I can do… and Holly isn’t very communicative… a little help? *weeps brokenly*

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Just buy a potion from Gandalf the Master Wizard. That’s what I usually do.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

“Just buy a potion from Gandalf the Master Wizard. That’s what I usually do.”

That needs to be quoted more.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’m surprised it took so long for it to come up in this thread, frankly.

Bexley Heath
    Participant

I’d have tried that, but unfortunately Gandalf the Master Wizard was killed in the radiation leak. I’m carrying his ashes round in a bucket but it doesn’t seem to be helping.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

>Melt Wizard…

clem
    Participant

> What do you want to melt him with ?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Throw thermal pod.

beckufreak
    Participant

I’m tempted to take a look… But my impending frustration is terrifying me :s

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

That’s how I feel when I think about Lego Harry Potter, apparently there are some major bugs that can stop you from 100%’ing it. :S

Bexley Heath
    Participant

If it helps, turns out you do a lot better when you actually pay attention to what the non-player-characters tell you. >.<

I'll be in the stern, co-relating the… in the stern.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

> Kill jester

Reece
    Participant

Kill jester

I was going to make this joke, but I didn’t know if anyone would get it.

> Jump the chasm.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

>Put Troll in bag

Connell
    Participant

Well worth it meeht

nathan.goldsmith
    Participant

Could anybody tell me for the red dwarf game what to do once you have the cat and rimmer following you about. I have many items in my inventory as i have searched the ship, but i am now stuck on what i am supposed to do. Help please!!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Visit the cat priest and he’ll give you the “sniffer’s scroll”. You can then use this in the cargo bay to plot a course towards the crashed Cat Ark.

nathan.goldsmith
    Participant

where would i find the cat priest?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Take the express lift to floor 15, then crawl through the ventilation shaft 27b. You’ll need to grab an oxy-generation unit to cope with the coridoor where the asteroid has hit and punctured a hole in the wall.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Having not played it yet, I’m trying to figure out if Pete is taking the piss or not.

>Take the express lift to floor 15, then crawl through the ventilation shaft 27b. You’ll need to grab an oxy-generation unit to cope with the coridoor where the asteroid has hit and punctured a hole in the wall.

Sounds A LOT like Mission Critical. Good game that, too.

nathan.goldsmith
    Participant

could you send me the game you guys have, because we may have slightly different games or i dont know why but i cant get onto floor 15, i can only get onto floor 16

Pete Part Three
    Participant

You need to use the luck virus on the keypad in the lift to be able to access floor 15.

Here’s the boxart.

nathan.goldsmith
    Participant

ok, we don’t have the luck virus yet

fozzibear1
    Participant

nostalgia, i last played this when i awas 15 sweet

peas_and_corn
    Participant

It needs the light gun?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Only for the 2 levels with the simulants. It’s a big con.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.