Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum 2/5/16 RD recording

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

So what happened at the recording?
    Sounds like A rowdy audience!

Seb Patrick (@sebpatrick)
    2/5/16, 4:43 PM
    A TV audience recording is not a standup gig. If you think heckling and bullying the warmup guy is helpful to anyone, you’re an idiot.

There were other tweets from others that hinted things were not civil :)

Pecospete666
    Participant

No comment?
    Interesting!

Pecospete666
    Participant

From an unknown source????:)

I didn’t think the warm up guy was particually being heckled although the people shouting out were from the oposite side of the audience from where I was sitting so I couldn’t really hear them. The warm up guy was hastleing one of the crew members which i didn’t think was on as he should of let him get on with his job rather than constantly hastleing him.

Pecospete666
    Participant

More of the same

However the real thing that affected my enjoyment of the episode wasn’t anything to do with the plot, the performances, or indeed the technical difficulties that produced these long gaps, and the actual reason saddens me. As per Series XI, warm up duties were for this episode dealt with by James Farmer in the absence of Ray Peacock. Considering the set up previously mentioned, it was as you can imagine a difficult task from the start given that there would be long periods with nothing happening in front of the audience or indeed James. We’ve talked before about the how warm up can at times be a hugely difficult, and this recording’s set up was one of the most difficult I’ve seen a comedian tackle.

Furthermore, warm up acts are often subject to some of the more persistent hecklers, a subject which coincidentally is discussed in depth by Ray Peacock on the latest edition of Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Theatre Podcast released this week. How ironic then, that one of the most notable elements of tonight’s recording was what was tantamount to the bullying of the warm up act. It’s frankly a subject that I don’t want to go into the exact details of, as some of the comments being made and the things being shouted out showed behaviour that bordered on the disgraceful, and was totally unacceptable at a recording of this show or any other.

Jo
    Participant

A TV recording isn’t a comedy gig, heckling isn’t appropriate.
    I’ve heard from a few trusted sources that some audience members did take it too far, and it’s just not acceptable behaviour. Quite sad that adults don’t understand that really…

Pecospete666
    Participant

I find it hard to believe it was fans????
    I guess this is a result of democratic distribution tickets ????

I would be happy just to be there????

Jo
    Participant

>I find it hard to believe it was fans

I don’t like gatekeeping, but fuck it… those individuals are not real fans. They *are* real cunts.

>I guess this is a result of democratic distribution tickets

I think the distribution is much fairer this time, but yeah, it does mean that any fucker can end up with a ticket.

>I would be happy just to be there

Most people at the recordings are incredibly grateful, this is just a vocal minority of arseholes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.