Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Your Red Dwarf Memes for Safe and Courteous Disposal Out the Nearest Airlock

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 3,303 total)
  • Author
    Moonlight
    Participant

Now that embedding images isn’t a herculean task requiring a master’s degree in computer science, I figured we ought to finally have one of these on a site where such esoteric bullshit would be welcome.

I’ll start, because that’s how this sort of thread always works. Keep up.

(My lookalike font is a bolded, mildly blurred Courier New, in case anyone wants to run with this template. The minor blur helps the added text look less conspicuously sharper than the original image.)

Dave
    Participant

This might have been my favourite from recent years.

Yelling At Cat

Moonlight
    Participant

Has my last post not made it past the spam filter? Maybe it’s because I included a link?

Rick & Morty crossover

I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to plug Escape Pod here without vainly creating a topic for it.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/RD.EscapePod

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Has my last post not made it past the spam filter? Maybe it’s because I included a link?

The eternal mystery of what this forum considers spam continues. Fixed.

Also, feel free to create a new thread for Escape Pod if you wish!

Moonlight
    Participant

I post to Escape Pod anyway. You’ll see my Norman meme and others there. It’s the ONLY good FB RD group I’ve ever been a part of. All others, without exception, suck ass and for the same reasons.

Escape Pod is a splinter faction of the original Smegposting, one of those stereotypically shitty FB fan groups that’s entirely just people posting quote JPEGs that have been recompressed so many times you can barely read them. And they’d dogpile you and call you a fake fan if you had the BALLS to suggest Pete Part 2 is any less good than Marooned (that’s not hypothetical, that happened to me), or, idk, try to start a discussion about the show with more depth than “Would anyone like any toast?” And every single day, without fail, at least several people posted the SMEG toaster or fridge, convinced they’d discovered a new thing.

I remember when the lovely Jason Smedley – who I encourage to correct me if I’m wrong – used to run the original Smegposting, under which it was thriving, but he got couped by another, stupider admin with bad taste (everything went downhill almost immediately) and had to start Smegposting: Escape Pod for all the people who actually cared about making creative shitposts. I’m glad I noticed at the time because I’m pretty sure they banned him and everyone else who tried to plug the new group.

I think you could safely sum up the entire vibe of OG Smegposting with a single image:

Also, feel free to create a new thread for Escape Pod if you wish!

My intent for this thread was to post memes you made yourself (i.e. the other image macro threads that have developed since posting images became actually reasonably convenient), so I think having a “here’s the best of Escape Pod or other RD memes you found” would be a good second thread.

Flap Jack
    Participant

27 years old, I was

I remember when the lovely Jason Smedley – who I encourage to correct me if I’m wrong – used to run the original Smegposting, under which it was thriving, but he got couped by another, stupider admin with bad taste (everything went downhill almost immediately) and had to start Smegposting: Escape Pod

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. The group was crap (like most RD Facebook groups). Pictures of Smeg fridges or bananas make up most of the content. Then I noticed there was no admin so I took it over and built it up – then the original admin returned… apparently he’d been on a facebook ban. I gave him the group back and set up my own because it was easier than arguing about it.

Anyway, here’s a meme.

Warbodog
    Participant

Moonlight
    Participant

Unrelated tangent:

My favorite part of Escape Pod though is that without fail, you post a meme about the new episodes and about fifteen people will comment “I’VE SEEN EVERY EPISODE OF RED DWARF AND WHAT IS THIS FROM?” only to turn out they haven’t seen anything past Series 8 / Back to Earth because streaming services always cut off one of those two and they have no reasonable clue that the show didn’t stop there. God only knows how you can have the rights to BtE but NOT be able to get them for Series 10 / 11 / etc.

The upside is I get to tell people that they’re missing most of the best episodes made since the first six series and then they get to watch all that stuff for the first time.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Dear Dave

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Man, I wanted that to continue so much longer.

Ridley
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

@Flap Jack

Holy shit, I’d never noticed how many people are called Frank in RD.

Dave
    Participant

Not to mention Lister’s cat.

clem
    Participant

Or the washing machine in Blue.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

And the bloke who finds baby Lister in Ouroboros.

clem
    Participant

And the bloke who finds baby Lister in Ouroboros.

Whose name was Eric right up until the readthrough according to that script you got. What on earth could’ve made Doug change it to yet another Frank?

Warbodog
    Participant

Eric was the man they ate in Tikka to Ride, maybe Doug thought having two unrelated characters with the same name would be confusing.

clem
    Participant

Maybe he’s going for the Armando Iannucci thing of doing something to excess til you reach the exact right amount. I reckon if we get another 12 Franks in Red Dwarf suddenly nobody will mind or even notice anymore.

Dave
    Participant

I think he just calls all these secondary characters Frank so it’s easier to remember.

Franks for the memory.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Franks for the memories.

I’ve remastered your post.

Dave
    Participant

Dave
    Participant

I didn’t make that, I hasten to add.

si
    Participant

That pic won’t be seen on 95% of Red Dwarf Fans Facebook Groups, due to the movie not being called ‘DWYNE’.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

Moonlight
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant
    Moonlight
    Participant

Snacky may not be a permanent cast member, but the Rimmonster sure is.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Alright, let’s give this baby a whirl!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Flap Jack
    Participant

@Flap Jack – You need to post some of these in Escape Pod before I start stealing them :): https://www.facebook.com/groups/RD.EscapePod

Flap Jack
    Participant

Facebook, eh? Hmm, I don’t know, seems like having people rating and reacting to your memes would spoil the magic.

Are you saying you don’t like criticism Flap Jack?  Because boy have I got just the episode for you.

Warbodog
    Participant

Bingeing Knightmare at the moment, so had to do some kind of lame tribute.

clem
    Participant

Warbodog
    Participant

Taranshula

clem
    Participant

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 3,303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.