Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum 3D Printed and Build Starbug Models For Order

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Niki Hutchinson
    Participant

So I was just checking out YT for anything new (and good) Starbug related vids and… came across this video by Fab365 which show off a fully Kit-Assembled, Starbug 3D Printed Model. Which you can apparently you can have made ? Or at least have an order to have one printed out for you.

Link to video:

Link to the store:

https://fab365.net/items/257

I’m gonna check out a little more about this site (just to make sure it’s all good) But, in the meantime. give the links a look and see what you lot think.

Flap Jack
    Participant

The video so good you posted it twice!

This does seem very cool. I was shocked initially at the low, low price of $5.49, but then I twigged that that just gives you the blueprints for the model, and you have to actually produce it yourself. I have no benchmark to judge whether that’s a good deal or not. Maybe?

I think the shade of green is a bit off though.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

The video so good you posted it twice!

This does seem very cool. I was shocked initially at the low, low price of $5.49, but then I twigged that that just gives you the blueprints for the model, and you have to actually produce it yourself. I have no benchmark to judge whether that’s a good deal or not. Maybe?
    I think the shade of green is a bit off though.

It’s on the low side of average but this is a site that does a lot of easy to assemble/print in place stuff so they probably have a business model.

To get it printed by someone though in good quality at that size (0.12mm layer or finer) I wouldn’t be surprised if cost about 30-40 quid.

Niki Hutchinson
    Participant

Ok, two things.

One: I posted this twice by accident (Thanks to finishing off one post, wanted to change a word. And then going back a few pages that still had most of text in it already. Then posted that, without seeing or knowing the other one was done :P) Sorry.

Two: You do have to register, in order to request the data of the model. (They do show off how long, each parts takes to make) But the fact this is a thing you can get, is just such a surprised to me.

The fact is design to have the landing legs up or down is just a very nice added touch.

I may end up getting this to see how good it is, but I will let you fellow G&T’s know ;)

Although, I kinda wish they had a Starbug 1 sticker to go on the sides. Just looks so un-finished without it.

Moonlight
    Participant

It’s a set of parts you can paint yourself. It can be any color. I have a 3D printer so I am 100% doing this and will post pics when I get to it.

Niki Hutchinson
    Participant

Great to hear that :)

Me Own Stunts
    Participant

It looks very good.  And all the snapping sounds are very satisfying in that video.

Moonlight
    Participant

I have a copy but I forgot to print it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.