Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum An Odd Recommendation

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

“we reserve the right to put this matter in the hands of our solicitors” – Grant Naylor Productions Ltd

What’s the story behind this one, then?

John Hoare
    Participant

Oh fuck.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

YOU HAD TO PICK AT OLD WOUNDS DIDN’T YOU, BEN.

Incidentally, this was before I joined G&T but I think it something to do with a certain script…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Oh fuck.

This response is perfect with that avatar.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

In fact…

HelloMabel
    Participant

I know a few of these recommendations are real but always assumed that this one was an inspired invention, like most of them.

John Hoare
    Participant

I know a few of these recommendations are real but always assumed that this one was an inspired invention, like most of them.

Every single one of them is real. Seriously.

John Hoare
    Participant

Short version of the GNP quote story: we got hold of a copy of the Identity Within script, WAY before it appeared on the VII DVD, or was even announced. We transcribed it and published it. GNP weren’t happy. Hence me receiving an email which nearly made me do a big poo in my pants.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Ooh. *shudder*

Oh go on, then. Under what circumstances did the Bluebell Official Webboard review G&T? I was sure that one was made up.

John Hoare
    Participant

Oh go on, then. Under what circumstances did the Bluebell Official Webboard review G&T? I was sure that one was made up.

That’s Bluebell over on the official Webboard. He was just Having His Say, as he is wont to do.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Oh. Not from a discussion group devoted to pretty flowering plants, then.

I love the recommendations section. This may be my favourite:
    “The website you are visiting may have improper material. Please click the “Back” button to return to the previous page. ” – The region of Macau, People’s Republic of China

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Yeah that is a new one. I’ve not seen that one myself yet.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

“Ganymede & Titan, one of dozens of online Red Dwarf fan sites.” – The Independent

Jonsmad
    Participant

In balance against the script pooing incident. Doug said of the site in 2009.
    “Hey guys, you’ve been keeping us alive all these years.” And went on to mention
    the site on the back to earth DVD commentary. Things turn around. Even those Iain Lee reccomendations dont seem as funny now he’s shook and made up too.

si
    Participant

> Even those Iain Lee reccomendations dont seem as funny now he’s shook and made up too.

Yeah. What a cunt.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.